Carenado Reims-Cessna F406 Caravan II - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Reims-Cessna F406 Caravan II

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Start working with the textures - as on the Alabeo 207, i will do a few modified and reworked Original-Paints.
    Very nice! Would you be willing to do a Canadian registration as well?

Hi Sean,

yes - it's on the list .....

Greetings Dirk

anyone want a danish bird ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_10_28_7_49_32.jpg  

I'll take one..
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I'll take everything you have.

Also, I wonder if any Danish registered aircraft have the reg "OY-VEY". That would be kind of funny.

After reading the Thread about the upcoming Carenado Do 228 and the comments about the "folks" that "only" change the colors and the registration of Carenado-Planes (Yes - I am one of that "folkes") and that this has nothing to do with "Repainting" - I'm not sure that i will go on with it. Those comments make my day go bad ..... I spend a lot of time and work to each Original-Paint that is modified by me, add small details here and there, dirt, stickers and more ... .

Canadian Registration is ready - as shown below

Kindest regards

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_10_28_9_11_28.jpg  

Thank you, Dirk. Nice looking repaint. Looking forward to the download.
    -- WH

After reading the Thread about the upcoming Carenado Do 228 and the comments...

As a contributor to that thread, may I say I admire those who persevere with alternative paint jobs for these models. Nice work!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Dont let it bother you Dirk

Whingers are going to whinge

Keep doing what you do mate & give the greatful people what they want and ingnore the others

Well done
    Last edited by jeansy; October 30th, 2015 at 19:10.

Thanks for your kind words gents - jeansy you are right, we have enough members here who enjoy a few more colors and registrations - for those, here a is a second canadian one ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_10_31_14_6_29.jpg  

So far - i have 4 modified "Paints" for those of you who's interested. Two canadian Registrations, one US- and a danish Registration. If you want one or more of them, please send me a PM and you'll get the dl-link asap.

Greetings

Dirk

Two more are ready ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_11_2_20_36_14.jpg   enb2015_11_2_20_38_47.jpg  

Very nice. Thanks Dirk.
    -- WH

Version 1.1 Released

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
    CARENADO F406 CARAVAN II FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes:
    - Stdby ADI realigned....
    - OAT gauge synced with the Aspen info.
    - Landing gear up status light fixed.
    - IAS behavior fixed.
    - Autopilot and marker beacon annunciator test improved.
    - Overstress of engine causes a malfunction.
    - Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.
    You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

After reading the Thread about the upcoming Carenado Do 228 and the comments about the "folks" that "only" change the colors and the registration of Carenado-Planes (Yes - I am one of that "folkes") and that this has nothing to do with "Repainting" - I'm not sure that i will go on with it. Those comments make my day go bad ..... I spend a lot of time and work to each Original-Paint that is modified by me, add small details here and there, dirt, stickers and more ... .

Canadian Registration is ready - as shown below

Kindest regards

Dirk
    That wasn't the intended point of the comments, at least from me, I was complaining about their development process, as a developer myself, I have no issue with people doing paints anyway they can... its nice to see people persisting with it and making paint jobs. Love what you've done so far

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Dont let it bother you Dirk

Whingers are going to whinge

Keep doing what you do mate & give the greatful people what they want and ingnore the others

Well done
    If you try to take any greater a moral higher ground, you're going to need supplementary oxygen.

On topic...

What's the flight model like? I'm tempted, but with their recent FM's being a bit derpy I'm uncertain. Model and usuals seem as good as always, but performance is of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post

On topic...

What's the flight model like? I'm tempted, but with their recent FM's being a bit derpy I'm uncertain. Model and usuals seem as good as always, but performance is of interest.
    It flies by the book, and as someone with experience in smaller Cessnas, it seems convincing to me!
    Keep in mind that the aircraft is unpressurized, so you'll either be on simulated oxygen up high, or you'll be flying in the weather, which makes things fun.

The aircraft comes with a good amount of performance documentation that matches up with how it performs in-sim, but I've also included the below for reference as well:
    http://www.what2fly.com/manufacturer...CARAVAN+II/919

I've very, very recently started trying to record some simple flightsim flying videos (no special camera angles or movie effects, just me flying along) so I'll look into getting a short trip recorded sometime in the coming days.

All in all, the FDE seems to be well-crafted.

Worth giving it a try Sean, thanks

To me, its not enough that an AC flies to the numbers of the book. There are other things that I find to be far more important:

Roll rate, how the AC comes out of a turn if you just let go of the controllers, Pitch and yaw stability (enough but not to much) and this very important thing, how does it react when lowering the power, does it dive, accelerate and level out or is it just a stable going down. All that together is IMHO what makes an AC worth flying in the SIM.

There are many AC flying by the numbers that are dead boring to fly. It is of course personal to a certain degree. But there are reasons why I keep comming back to A2A, Realair, Flysimware, Milton Shupe and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post

If you try to take any greater a moral higher ground, you're going to need supplementary oxygen.
    Noted

I would be silly not to take advice from the most successful fs developers who owns one of the more successful franchises for fltsim and who the guy who wrote the original book on development

My apologies for trying to encourage a painter who enjoys what they do

But since your the one and only SME, i will leave it a that and allow you to continue without undermining your knowledge and opinions. In future i will only take your extensive knowledge in both development and social reason and apply it to myslef so i can be a better person

You've completely utterly misinterpreted every post I've made, but heck, you know best

Could'nt resist and did another british reg. Plane - its my personal "workhorse" . Also ready is a "Tanzania-Bird" for those of you, like flying in Africa.
    Next week i plan to start with working on the Cargo-pod - i will try to change it to a "photorecon-pod" for surveillance missions.

Greetings

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_11_6_12_21_3.jpg   enb2015_11_6_15_52_51.jpg  

The camera pod sounds like a great idea Could probably retroactively apply it to the Greek coastguard one... that would look ace.

Nice work.

Could'nt resist and did another british reg. Plane - its my personal "workhorse" . Also ready is a "Tanzania-Bird" for those of you, like flying in Africa.
    Next week i plan to start with working on the Cargo-pod - i will try to change it to a "photorecon-pod" for surveillance missions.

Greetings

Dirk
    Nice. Let us know when available.

Cheers
    -- WH

After a long and busy day ..... i am proud to present - the "Multifunction-Pod".

Greetings

Dirk

Please bear in mind that it is a visual change only (new Paint and bump-map), not a new modeled Part !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_11_8_22_23_58.jpg   enb2015_11_8_21_43_23.jpg   enb2015_11_8_21_42_57.jpg   enb2015_11_8_21_42_48.jpg  

Forget to tell you that i have reworked the zip-files - the textures are in 2048 - 32 Bit - .dds format now. All files should be updated in the next 24 hours. If you like, use the links again to get them.

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 1