ETO 1.5 exiting to desktop

Thread: ETO 1.5 exiting to desktop

ETO 1.5 exiting to desktop

I could be in the middle of the mission and it returns me to desktop, exiting game completely with no error. Am i hitting a hot key? screensaver?

SOH-CM-2020
    There can be a number of reasons for the game "crashing". One is aircraft spawning which are not fully set up to appear in the CFS3 world. They may be missing a sound file, weapon, pylon or whatever. Are your spawns era specific or are you in random spawn mode?

I use cagen 1-2.xls to check all aircraft in an install (available for download here at SOH IIRC). For ETO it is a big job for the CPU to churn through all the loadouts, etc. However it identifies a few aircraft which are missing pylons or weapons. The other way to check aircraft is to manually go through each loadout in the QC UI. That is a slow job in ETO. Once you have selected a loadout for an aircraft which calls for a missing pylon/weapon, the game will crash. Using the cagen.xls is much more efficient.

Once all the aircraft are checked, it might be something else, but I suspect a lot of the crashes are aircraft related. Another possible cause of CTDs is tweaks to config which are too optimistic and your memory or whatever gets overloaded with all the eye-candy. People all have their own pet theories for CTDs I suspect.

HTH,

uninstalled, cleared registry, deleted folders re-installed.

SAME THING exits to desktop at end of epic mission before i reach home during campaign mission. no error messages nothing. stock eto 1.5 no mods

also get

MSVCR70.dll
    Game exits with this error on the campaign advancing screen.
    Last edited by starbage1; October 15th, 2015 at 07:54.

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

I used to have something similar happen in MAW when I tried to fly over Yugoslavia or Romania. The solution for that was to lower my detail settings to something less than 5 (I think it was 3) whenever I wanted to fly a mission that far away from Africa.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

changed to 3 will report back

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Members who have read this thread: 0