August CalFire engine crash

Thread: August CalFire engine crash

August CalFire engine crash

I know i probably make you people a bit crazy with all my fire related stuff..but atleast fire is something everyone can relate to.i think stories of wild sewer cleanout jobs would get old fast.......i could tell you a couple though..like when dad and grampa had to use dads CJ5 to pull a 15 foot long mass of roots from a sewerline.they hung it over a tree branch and a guy from the Auburn Journal took photos,it ran as the headline on the front page of the following days paper..lol..still have it somewhere..the paper,not the roots..then fire related,there was a structure fire at the local Catholic church one afternoon,my father and his buddy Bill Mispley were on the fornt page the next day while fighting the small fire,they didnt have turnout gear back then,early 1960's,and both dad and Bill had thier backs to the camera,but that day,my mom Cathy who was the bookkeeper for Value Giant drug store in town was working the register due to being very busy,every single person who came through her line said...i saw your husband and Mispley in the paper today.Mom finally got a break and went back up stairs,where she saw the paper...thing is??..both men had their backs to the camera,no facial recognition at all,just both men bending over slightly with the top 3/4s of their buttcracks showing......

the story below is one my buddy andy was involoved in back in August,he was the HFEO driving to Dozer tender.

<header class="entry-header" style="color: rgb(55, 55, 55); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 24.375px;">CAL FIRE engine rolls over — three firefighters injured

Posted on October 8, 2015 by Bill Gabbert
    </header>The CAL FIRE engine that rolled over August 13, 2015 near Browns Valley, CA. Photos credit: CAL FIRE.

The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) has released a “Green Sheet”, a preliminary report on the rollover of one of their fire engines that occurred August 13, 2015 near Browns Valley, California about 50 miles north of Sacramento(map).
    The accident involved two pieces of firefighting apparatus from CAL FIRE, but only the engine was damaged. Three firefighters received minor injuries.
    The engine and a dozer transport truck were dispatched to the same fire. The dozer transport stopped on Marysville Road before turning left onto Bayberry Lane. With its turn signal on, it began to turn left but stopped again as the driver saw the engine approaching and attempting to pass. The driver of the engine swerved to avoid a collision and went off the shoulder of the road at approximately 45 to 50 mph. The engine then slid along the gravel shoulder for about 100 feet before rolling over and coming to rest 197 feet from where it left the pavement.
    On September 5, 2015 near Napa another CAL FIRE engine rolled over, injuring two firefighters.

Yikes! Well, at least most of the tires and wheels can be salvaged. Not much else though...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 0