Posting again...

Thread: Posting again...

Posting again...

The beepee Alpha PBY5, I got it to work once but deleted my plane trying to upgrade a model someone was kind of enough to create, so could use it as an AI plane as well.Now, I tried to reinstall and it wont work.I forgot what fix I made. Plane is installed as directed, shows up on list in the MB but when click on the preview, no model is present, just shows the water and a little bit of land.Try to fly a mission, says no visual model found. I looked into past forums but no answers to this specific issue.Anyone? Thanks. Also, here is the plane am talking about.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thrilled to hear my efforts to help are so memorable

My zip of the mdls had them named with the suffix _CFS2 (and shortened too). The model.cfg files in Beepees Cat will not have this suffix.

I would:

Copy the Blackcat CFS2 model into Beepees model.bc folder
    Copy the USNearly CFS model into Beepees model.ny folder

Then either change the model names so they match the model name used in the respective model.cfg files, or change the reference in the model.cfg file (using Notepad) to match the fixed model name.

The fixed model names are:

beepee.bc = AL_PBY5_BlackCat_CFS2.mdl
    beepee.ny = A_PBY5_USN_early_CFS2.mdl

Hope this gets you sorted.

PS And for those of you wanting a shiny model for the USN pre-war Yellow = A_PBY5_USN_early_CFS2_shiny.mdl
    Last edited by UncleTgt; October 9th, 2015 at 04:12. Reason: clarity

Have either of you tried this version - the AI work well (top of page): http://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-134
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow Wolf 07,

That one's a -5A amphib, I think Dasuto needs a true seaplane, hence him looking for a -5.

Nice link though

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Thrilled to hear my efforts to help are so memorable

My zip of the mdls had them named with the suffix _CFS2 (and shortened too). The model.cfg files in Beepees Cat will not have this suffix.

I would:

Copy the Blackcat CFS2 model into Beepees model.bc folder
    Copy the USNearly CFS model into Beepees model.ny folder

Then either change the model names so they match the model name used in the respective model.cfg files, or change the reference in the model.cfg file (using Notepad) to match the fixed model name.

The fixed model names are:

beepee.bc = AL_PBY5_BlackCat_CFS2.mdl
    beepee.ny = A_PBY5_USN_early_CFS2.mdl

Hope this gets you sorted.

PS And for those of you wanting a shiny model for the USN pre-war Yellow = A_PBY5_USN_early_CFS2_shiny.mdl
    lol uncletgt your efforts are highly appreciated, believe me.I've learned a lot in my short time here but still learning and some things slip my mind.I think I did try to rename the models but will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Have either of you tried this version - the AI work well (top of page): http://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-134

Thank you, I have that one and with the mdl fix it works great as AI plane, no CTD.Issue is need a PBY-5. Also with the mdl fix the skins out there no longer work but oh well. I had the beepee redo of the PBY5 set up perfect but messed it up,trying to get back

Got them working now, thanks for the model fix

Glad you got it sorted CFS2 can be frustrating at times, but that's just because it is so easy to customise
    For all its hard-coded shortcomings, it is this acceptance of additions and changes that keeps it alive - long after any potential "replacement" combat sims have come and gone...

Members who have read this thread: 0