Prepar3D v3 Screenshots - Page 13
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D v3 Screenshots

Ivan's MiG-21MF - Fantastic.

Having some trouble getting the radar to work in P3D, but otherwise this one is great. I never fly Russian aircraft, despite their beauty because of the cyrillic cockpit and arcane procedures, but this one is very very well done and the quick start guide is great for getting started. R T F M, but not that much. This Hungarian AF skin is in the library. its an addon. This bird is tacpack enabled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    This Hungarian AF skin is in the library.
    Good textures can certainly make a difference! Also, great pictures

Blog Entries
    Having some trouble getting the radar to work in P3D, but otherwise this one is great. I never fly Russian aircraft, despite their beauty because of the cyrillic cockpit and arcane procedures, but this one is very very well done and the quick start guide is great for getting started. R T F M, but not that much. This Hungarian AF skin is in the library. its an addon. This bird is tacpack enabled as well.
    Nice pictures.

I once got to sit in the cockpit of a Mig-21 at a Red Flag exercise. I was 6' 1" and 205 lbs back then. I hardly fit in the cockpit and thought that if I had to eject I would lose at lease one arm, if not both, in the process. I am now 6' 0" and 230 lbs. Not sure if I would even fit.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Nice pictures.

I once got to sit in the cockpit of a Mig-21 at a Red Flag exercise. I was 6' 1" and 205 lbs back then. I hardly fit in the cockpit and thought that if I had to eject I would lose at lease one arm, if not both, in the process. I am now 6' 0" and 230 lbs. Not sure if I would even fit.

Yep. They have a MiG 21 at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. I got to see one up close and the cockpit is very cramped and tiny. Reminded me a little of the Me-109. That plane also has an extremely small cockpit.

A personal modification of Zsolts great Russian MiG aluminum skins. As this is his base work, I just did this one for personal use.

Short video of same scheme from same flight.

https://youtu.be/pOfeK99xvuE
    Last edited by ejoiner; September 3rd, 2016 at 10:10.

A strange visitor to Eastern Slopes Regional Airport in Maine...

Iris A-10 over Austria

Prepar3d 2.5 with SweetFX 2.0

Ejoiner: superb shots of that Mig21 !!
    Be careful though, you uploaded them in PNG format, which is very slow to load (very heavy files).

Are there any repaints for the virtual cockpit of that bird ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Ejoiner: superb shots of that Mig21 !!
    Be careful though, you uploaded them in PNG format, which is very slow to load (very heavy files).

Are there any repaints for the virtual cockpit of that bird ?
    I am not aware of any repaints of the VC for the MiG-21. I love the daytime VC textures as they are. However the night time VC textures are a bit too red for my taste. I would have preferred proper backlit gauges etc, like in the DLC MiG 21. Generally, though this is freeware and a stunningly well done great example. The only things I would tweak would be the night VC textures, and the ability to have a little easier time steering her on the ground. It appears to be steered with differential brakes, but would like a little more precise control. It has a tendency to oversteer now.

Just a couple of views of the upcoming Canadair North Star/Argonaut. On the ground on a grey day preparing for flight, and the VC as dawn comes up on approach to Guernsey, Channel Isles.

Blog Entries
    OMG! Mike you just outdid yourself! That is one magnificent piece of work. Here is an interesting article on this aircraft...I also think switching the R2800s that the DC-6 used would have been a better idea for cruise speeds but the four Merlins sure had a unique sound. When I was kid I rode on a checkride on a DC-4 with my uncle who was a aircraft mechanic at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio. I wish I could remember more about it but I was having a ball sitting in the cockpit...I bet I asked that poor man 500 questions in rapid fire succession.
    Article
    http://skyviking.net/svwp/?p=604
    Video
    https://youtu.be/thZj6oQQIwY
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Cinematographer option P3D3.4
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasDWeiss View Post
    nice however for future reference the roundels are the wrong way around on the wings and the side one is too far back as its right behind the intake

There are a couple of RAAF mirages for this exact model at avsim and flightsim.com that have already been done and have the correct RAAF marking layout you could use for future reference

I rotated the roundels - thanks for the heads up

the intakes have the small canard in the area where the roundels would be - a bit aft and the wing/intake distorts the roundels too much, that is why in the Mirage 2000 they place the roundels near the tail.

Yep. They have a MiG 21 at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. I got to see one up close and the cockpit is very cramped and tiny. Reminded me a little of the Me-109. That plane also has an extremely small cockpit.
    The cockpit is supposed to be about the same size as that of a Lightning.

You could get a 6ft1in pilot in, if he didn't mind a few knocks on his bone-dome.

Dave

More Dubai

I really love this scenery. It is so detailed and well crafted.

Few scenery pics from P3Dv3.4 with PTA tweaks. In the distance areas seems to blend better, not so fuzzy. Very impressed with 3.4!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Few scenery pics from P3Dv3.4 with PTA tweaks. In the distance areas seems to blend better, not so fuzzy. Very impressed with 3.4!!!...........
    Nice pics .... what are 'PTA tweaks' please????
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Members who have read this thread: 3