collision zones?

Thread: collision zones?

collision zones?

Someone once told me about changing collision zones in airfiles would help reduce the ridiculous amount of aerial collisions.I dont recall who and how to do it.Airfile? use aired? I dont recall seeing collision zones in the airfile.Thanks in advance.

Collisions are done by the model. What model is bad? I do know that I need to edit the G4M1 model I did and make the collision bobble smaller.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    This is an old trick given by Shadow Wolf 07 in a thread named: I forgot two old tricks started by Peperez onMarch 13th, 2015

"Go to the CFS2.cfg file in your main folder, open it and scroll down to the entries under [MULTIPLAYER]. Change the value for COLLISION_SECS from the stock 2 to minus 2 (-2) Close and save the CFS2.cfg and go back to preview window. The plane now fits the screen, inside the wingtip to inside the wingtip. This is your new collision bubble. The -2 value may change itself back so check it from time to time. NOTE: DO NOT set the CFS2.cfg to Read Only to lock in the setting or your campaigns will not work"

This can be the answer to your problem.

Cheers

François

I was going to recommend he try this procedure that fde_bressy noted above.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

In the old days of the flightdeck, you had to change the collision bubble from 7 to 2 using a MDL edit utility for the stock planes. Other wise you would have mid air collisions. It was real bad when head to head or close to someones tail.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Collisions are done by the model. What model is bad? I do know that I need to edit the G4M1 model I did and make the collision bobble smaller.

Kind of all of them but stock planes and those based on them seem to be the biggest culprits.

Hi All,

The collision value in the stock mdl's is found at 3040 hex.
    Depending on the software used to create the model it could be at 501c or 10a8.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Kind of all of them but stock planes and those based on them seem to be the biggest culprits.
    Most of my newer models have the collision bobble shrunk down. If you need one mine edited let me know. For the others you can use MDLC if your using XP or Vista otherwise Hex edit is the only way to change collision bobble. The B24 Guy posted the offsets.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0