Clean CSF3 From Your Registry

Thread: Clean CSF3 From Your Registry

Clean CSF3 From Your Registry

If you are having problems with CSF3 and want to do a fresh install, I would highly recommend IObit uninstaller, it's free and will uninstall the program as well as scans the programs registry and remove stuff that's left over.

I found that the stock csf3 would leave files behind but this clears them out.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I always did it manually...neat program though.

They're not hard to find:–

1. in your Documents folder (or My Documents depending on OS version) there is a folder with the same name as the CFS3 installation you're removing. This is also where screenshots are saved. So if I'm removing Combat Flight Simulator 3.0, there will be a folder called Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 in the Documents folder. Delete...
    2. in your AppData folder is another folder with the same Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 name. Delete this one too...

The actual path to this folder varies from XP to Vista, Win7, Win8 and Win10 and you ordinarily need hidden files and folders showing to find it. The universal shortcut, whichever Windows version you have, is to type %appdata%\microsoft in the address bar of an Explorer window. Works a treat.

If you have MAW, ETO etc or custom CFS3 installs, the folder names in Documents or AppData will have a bunch of underscores appended: Rising Sun folders will be named CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________ .

This brings me to the last point: you don't need to actually uninstall a wonky installation, especially if you've multiple CFS3 installs. Just delete the program folder, the Documents folder and the Appdata folder.

Done.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Hairyspin ,you are so ever helpful to others.

@ hairyspin

LOL! There is far more left in your computer than just that.. iobits powerscan on the uninstaller program finds it ALL and deletes it. Revo is good to but you have to pay after awhile for it.

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

That's ok, I keep multiple installs so don't want to trash 'em all at once.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by starbage1 View Post
    @ hairyspin

LOL! There is far more left in your computer than just that.. iobits powerscan on the uninstaller program finds it ALL and deletes it. Revo is good to but you have to pay after awhile for it.
    I've used the free version for a couple years now. "Still free".
    CHEERS

Members who have read this thread: 0