F i r e !!!!

Thread: F i r e !!!!

F i r e !!!!

Do we finally get to put 'em out now !!??? Really !!????....

http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si...-fsx-p3d.phtml

I, for one, have been waiting for this for a loooong time, wondering why it would take so long to develop a 'real' firefighting scenario. We have been dropping retardent and/or water on fires until the cows came home, haven't we. Cows came home alright but the fires still burning.....

I believe it when i see it, not a load of retardant earlier ! I have been bummered before !

Light 'em up ! Boy! am i curious !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Do we finally get to put 'em out now !!??? Really !!????....

http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si...-fsx-p3d.phtml

I, for one, have been waiting for this for a loooong time, wondering why it would take so long to develop a 'real' firefighting scenario. We have been dropping retardent and/or water on fires until the cows came home, haven't we. Cows came home alright but the fires still burning.....

I believe it when i see it, not a load of retardant earlier ! I have been bummered before !

Light 'em up ! Boy! am i curious !
    Wow! Looks cool. I'll wait for at least a couple of reviews to make sure it's not a complete joke. But, for that price tag it seems like it's worth a try.

I wonder if the redardant/water effect can be swapped out with another...

Interesting. Will be watching this one... but, yes, waiting for reviews.

I wonder how it'll interact with other "outboard" processing, like, for example, Accu-Sim. A B-17G firebomber would get my attention...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

That looks really, really cool. Looks to be quite configurable too.

Unless I hear something hugely negative, I think I'll pick it up this weekend to play with.
    Jim Stewart

I bought it in an instant without hesitation! And..it works. That s if you're able to drop the retardant right
    On the developers website or simmarket you'll find the manual. If this tool could be combined with reading real locations (like FS Active Fires or FSBlaze) than it would be a blast (pun not intended or...) .

Higly recommended. But now we need good Conair repaints of the Lodestar, A26 etc....
    Anneke

Nailed it ! ;-)

It works indeed ! The visual aspect is very impressive too !

One thing i fail to understand though is the build in 'cheat' with which you can keep on refilling your tanks on the fly. Takes all the tension away of refilling at the station ( or lake ) and return to the scene quickly enough to keep the fire from catching up again. Even more so because that's what it really does !

Btw, i don't see much of an fps impact but i do have a sweet little monster standing here next to me. ;-)

Lorby-SI you almost nailed it ! My firefighting cap is off to you ! But please take out that constant full tanks cheat. Only then we finally can say " ALWAYS ".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I wonder how it'll interact with other "outboard" processing, like, for example, Accu-Sim. A B-17G firebomber would get my attention...
    "Fires up ahead 12 o'clock, Captain ! " .... "Yeah, yeah, i'm not completely retardant, matey.. " ... " You mean retarded, Captain !? " ... " Yeah,yeah, whatever.. "

Works fine with the A2A Accusim B-17 as well, Alan.

@ Anneke : seems we're the only firefighting daredevils around here sofar... Remarkable...

What's your view on this infinite full tanks ?...

Works fine with the A2A Accusim B-17 as well, Alan.
    NICE!

Looks like I'll need to load up one of Jankees' more battered repaints and get to work.

Not sure I fully understand the "infinite full tanks" issue - is this a default that can be toggled off, or is it the only available setting right now?
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

@ Anneke : seems we're the only firefighting daredevils around here sofar... Remarkable...

It's on my "to buy list" for sure now. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Not sure I fully understand the "infinite full tanks" issue -
    I was aiming that inquiry at Anneke, Alan...

is this a default that can be toggled off, or is it the only available setting right now?
    Actually there's a truckload of settings ! That's why i haven't been able to **** completely sofar. It's just that if i keep hitting the unload button after the tank is empty it just fills up again. Maybe it can be toggled off, hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    It's on my "to buy list" for sure now. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I see, sure. I bet you won't be dissapointed. Interesting to know what you think about it.

The Orion in your avatar, that an FS9 or native FSX model ? ( or real perhaps... )

I see, sure. I bet you won't be dissapointed. Interesting to know what you think about it.

The Orion in your avatar, that an FS9 or native FSX model ? ( or real perhaps... )
    That's the FSX native KBT P-3A from the library here at SOH.

Saw that add-on last week, and it made me think back to a multiplayer session I organized a few years ago, where we had several participants assisting in getting a forest fire put out.

It was a load of fun.

Guess I'll have to break my promise to my wife, and make an other purchase
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

This is the add on that anyone that Flys airtankers in FSX has been waiting for forever. I think they hit the nail on the head perfectly. Wherever you start up the program is where your reload spot is. So if you start in the pits that'll be your reload point. Pretty cool. Reloading takes a few minutes like real life. The retardant is actual weight on the aircraft. Remember to adjust your W&B or you won't get off the ground. Also if you choose to fly a scooper or helicopter and hover or skim a lake the reload is alot quicker. I bought this add on the first day I heard about it and since pretty much all I fly is airtankers this is the best thing I could have wished for.

Hi
    Anybody tried this program with the alabeo agplane that have an internal software reducing the load when sprying ?

cheers Marco

Members who have read this thread: 0