2015 Chase

Thread: 2015 Chase

Lightbulb 2015 Chase

Well round one is up, here are my notes

- Harvick pretty much destroyed everyone today - don't count them out!
    - After years of driving with a golden horseshoe, lady luck finally bit the #48 team
    - Nice to see Truex Jr. still having a shot
    - "Sleeper" Ryan Newman is still in the hunt...

Yep, a $10 seal ended the 48 team's chances of a championship. Jimmie was doing pretty good until that seal failed.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    That's what I hate about this new format, one problem and you are pretty much out unless you can win a race.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    That's what I hate about this new format, one problem and you are pretty much out unless you can win a race.
    The first 26 races mean nothing other than to get into the chase which does not insure that the best overall team wins the cup. They should go back to the system below.

Unofficial Top 25 in 2015 Sprint Cup Driver Points Standings (not the Chase):
    [after Dover, race 29 of 36]
    (using current points system, but not the Chase rules, unofficial)
    1) #22-Joey Logano (C4), 1062
    2) #4-Kevin Harvick (C3), 1054, -8
    3) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. (C12), 986, -76
    4) #2-Brad Keselowski (C9), 970, -92
    5) #20-Matt Kenseth (C1), 949, -113
    6) #48-Jimmie Johnson (EC), 926, -136
    7) #78-Martin Truex Jr. (C6), 919, -143
    8) #11-Denny Hamlin (C2), 909, -153
    9) #41-Kurt Busch (C8), 875, -187
    10) #19-Carl Edwards (C5), 858, -204
    11) #1-Jamie McMurray (EC), 855, -207
    12) #31-Ryan Newman (C10), 837, -225
    13) #24-Jeff Gordon (C7), 837, -225
    14) #27-Paul Menard (EC), 785, -277
    15) #5-Kasey Kahne, 770, -292
    16) #43-Aric Almirola, 767, -295
    17) #15-Clint Bowyer (EC), 764, -298
    18) #42-Kyle Larson, 718, -344
    19) #16-Greg Biffle, 706, -356
    20) #3-Austin Dillon, 647, -415
    21) #13-Casey Mears, 624, -438
    22) #18-Kyle Busch(C11), 601, -461
    23) #47-AJ Allmendinger, 600, -462
    24) #10-Danica Patrick, 597, -465
    25)#14-Tony Stewart 581, -481
    (C# is chase driver and current Chase position)
    (EC is chase driver that has been eliminated from the Chase)
    (10-4-2015)

Couldn't do that Terry, just too sensible!
    Bloody Muppets.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Well...
    At least Jimmie can rest well knowing that it was NOT another driver that took him out...

I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ crank it up for these last races, even though he can't win the championship, he'll still be going for wins.

Hey all,

First Thank You Terry for proving how smart the Frances are!! Thank You!

Look at your points - 7 races left only two drivers with a real chance - only 4 if you think about it from the perspective of 100 points.

The world no longer cares about a long track record - let me repeat that...

The world no longer cares about a long track record...

The world is all about what did you do for me yesterday. Good or bad that is the way of the world and the world will NEVER EVER go back to the long view. The worlds technology and instant media fame demand - I say demand - that that be the way.

If you want the old ways then you are old - wanting the days when the world moved at a slower pace.

Nothing wrong with that - welcome to the world of wanting...

I am totally bummed that Jimmy is out but lets turn the coin over...

Look at what Kevin Harvick has done - just look at it.

Way behind after the first of the final 10 races due to a tire (IIRC) that Jimmy was involved in. And then a slight misjudgement on fuel and a lap short on a another race he had won - maybe he had enough - who knows - maybe he shoulda tried.

Irrespective Kevin came to Dover - win or be eliminated and look what he did.

This is what NASCAR wants - heroics - coming through in the clutch - Mr October - Reggie hittin it outta the park when it matters...

Kevin is from Bakersfield and I lived there - he has the heart of a junk yard dog warrior - he won't quit and that is what people want to see.

Jimmy will be back - he is too good not to be - but meanwhile will Kevin's heroics get it done or will the absolute consistency of Joey win out or will the resurgence of the Gibbs Toys get er done?

You can go ahead and want the old days but the world isn't that way anymore and while I recognize he value of performance over the long haul it still comes down to perform when it matters - that is all that matters.

That is why we have world cup, world series, the stanley cup, the super bowl, etc.

The old ways are just well ... OLD.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    This is what NASCAR wants - heroics - coming through in the clutch -
    -Ed-
    "No-win" Newman just about did that last year!

That is why we have world cup, world series, the stanley cup, the super bowl, etc.
    -Ed-
    'World' is a misnomer here, shouldn't that read 'American' Cup, 'American' Series etc???
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ crank it up for these last races, even though he can't win the championship, he'll still be going for wins.
    He will, and he will get at least one win, maybe more, the 48 team is not a quitting team. And when he wins a few races in this chase it will add proof that this elimination format does not necessarily allow the best teams to advance, but favors the lucky.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The world no longer cares about a long track record...

The world is all about what did you do for me yesterday. Good or bad that is the way of the world and the world will NEVER EVER go back to the long view. The worlds technology and instant media fame demand - I say demand - that that be the way.
    So maybe we should just get rid of the whole championship thing, and run race after race. No champion anymore, only race winners.

To be honnest, this would make sense with the current NASCAR policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    So maybe we should just get rid of the whole championship thing, and run race after race. No champion anymore, only race winners.

To be honnest, this would make sense with the current NASCAR policy.
    That makes sense, dump the cup! If you want to see a real race there is Nextel and the trucks.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone besides myself notice how empty the stands were? I know the weather was iffy but it seems to show that nascar is heading in the wrong direction.

I have actually got more interested in Indy cars and f1 than nascar. Sad commentary on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Did anyone besides myself notice how empty the stands were? I know the weather was iffy but it seems to show that nascar is heading in the wrong direction.

I have actually got more interested in Indy cars and f1 than nascar. Sad commentary on my part.
    At most NASCAR races you will now find a good number of empty seats. The new Daytona seats 101,000, all on the front stretch of the track. The back stretch grandstands have been demolished, eliminating 46,000 seats. What does that tell you?

Members who have read this thread: 0