Justflight Goes For The Hawk - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Justflight Goes For The Hawk

Make a new realease thread?

Seems like there's lot of interest in this bird.

Shouldn't a brand new new thread be started, "Just Flight Hawk released", and then be stickied?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks - Rob

Feel free to start one Rob (or anyone else) and I will definitely make it a sticky. If possible please add some screenshots.

As I don't have the model I can't post any screenshots. As it doesn't have a propeller it is doubtful that I will purchase it. But I do fully agree that its a very nice addition to the still growing fleet of top aircraft models available for FSX.

Cheers,
    Huub

I'm about to submit a Tech Support Request at JF, but before I do I was wondering if any other early adopters can replicate the following issue...? It happened for a while, but now I can't replicate it myself! I'm not sure what is happening:

Straight and level flight. Gear and flaps up. Very responsive in roll. Lower airbake (distinct change in pitch, as IRL). Roll still responsive. Retract airbrake, suddenly NO roll at all (controls in VC moving though). Do a slow count to ~10.... suddenly completely responsive in roll again.

Any ideas?

Also, before I read the entire manual and do a cold 'n' dark start I'm using the power on button on the bespoke GUI menu, then Ctrl+x. All starts just fine. However, when trying to power up the throttle won't budge using my X52 Pro. Instead I have to "unlock" the throttle first by moving with my mouse cursor. Does anyone else encounter the same?

I should say I'm flying in P3D3 but am posting here as it is a popular thread and if there is an issue I imagine it'll be the same in FSX.

Many thanks

Andy

Just Flight Hawk in EPTS colours at Boscombe Down in P3D3 by Andy Ford, on Flickr

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

How fps here? Like in JF Tornado? After my adventures with Tornado's JF I'm very careful here with this line, sorry.

btw. not my opinion (I havent JF Hawk) but some thoughts of friend (is it true?):

- NWS not working or ground handling problem,
    - if GPU will be disconnected the engine will stop,
    - no Throttle animation,
    - take off / FM problems
    - problems with animation of controls

Perhaps I'll check for the demo at first.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo, at least 2 of these aledged issues are born from not understanding the Hawk's systems (or should I say not reading the manual).

- NWS not working or ground handling problem, ==> The Hawk does not have NWS in real life, it uses castored steering through differential braking.

- if GPU will be disconnected the engine will stop, ==> The Hawk does not use a GPU, it has a build in GTS starter which works as in the flight manual. However, system failures are likely to happen if you have the Failures Configurator enabled.

Regarding frame rates or more important, smoothness: On my system (i7-4970K/GTX970) the Hawk performs in the same league as the JF Canberra, Milviz F-4, Aerosoft F-14.

Here is a quick & dirty start up guide:

Do not forget the last steps (!):
    If you do not reset Hyd2 pressure your flaps, ailerons and elevators will not move.
    Without enabling the AHRS you will not have a working HSI and Attitude Indicator ball.

If you have the Failures Configurator enabled, don't be surprised to loose the engine, hydraulics or electrics at some point during the flight.

Do not expect active nose wheel steering, as in real life the Hawk does not have it. You need to apply differential braking to steer on the ground. During take off roll as speed picks up, the rudder takes over.

Shutdown is simple, just left-click the throttle to the cut off position or push the LP fuel lever down (which can be found left of the seat).

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    The pilots can be removed?
    They can be removed, Ferry and I explained that yesterday in posts 74 & 75

Please ramp start video
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hi Guys,

I've just made a short video below, small flight from RAF Coningsby with a 100 Sqn bird I have still there on vRAF Includes full start, also on landing had to use blow down gear and flaps, due to Hydraulic 1 loss after a run in and break (Failure system on).

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR4LF0IbZs0

Regards,

Matt
    MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more for FSX! - http://www.mspgsimulations.com"

@hschuit and @lowlevelRAF

Thank You !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Does not operate the ailerons
    Everything else is...Ok
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Does not operate the ailerons
    Everything else is...Ok
    Zsolt, make sure that all your sliders, under the Realism settings are set to the right

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Zsolt, make sure that all your sliders, under the Realism settings are set to the right
    Sounds good! But what do you mean exactly?

Sounds good! But what do you mean exactly?
    - From your main FSX screen, click [settings]

- Then click [Realism]

- Under the part "Flight Model" set all the sliders to the right (realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    - From your main FSX screen, click [settings]

- Then click [Realism]

- Under the part "Flight Model" set all the sliders to the right (realistic)
    Ok! Thank you for help! I probe Tomorrow because Today duty the fire station!

Quote Originally Posted by lowlevelRAF. View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've just made a short video below, small flight from RAF Coningsby with a 100 Sqn bird I have still there on vRAF Includes full start, also on landing had to use blow down gear and flaps, due to Hydraulic 1 loss after a run in and break (Failure system on).

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR4LF0IbZs0

Regards,

Matt
    Hi Matt. Thanks for the video. I've watched it several times.

Are you planning to do any more? If so, would it be possible to do a video on the Hawk navigation system - specifically how to use the Tacan and ILS.

After several attempts I still can't seem to get it right, so I suspect I'm overlooking a switch or setting or something.

Thanks.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

WarHorse, FYI an ILS/TACAN quick start guide. In this example, ILS is tuned to 110.10 Mhz (displayed as "10.10"), TACAN to channel 023X ( = 108.60 Mhz FSX VOR )

Unfortunately, constantly raise the nose, even though there if a trimm down

So I managed to reproduce my problem with the airbrake. It would be great if others could see if they can reproduce it too, before I submit a help request...?

It have the airbrake set to the slider on my X52 Pro throttle, as I fly the Flying Stations Buccaneers a LOT and the Buccaneers had variable airbrakes. I haven't made an alterations to my controls for the Hawk. When flying the Hawk I open the airbrake, then close it partially. It gets stuck partially closed and it is then that all roll authority is lost, for ~10 seconds (an eternity in the circuit!). Do you see the same behavior?

Many thanks

Andy

Andy, I'll try to replicate your issues on my 1st test flight.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    So I managed to reproduce my problem with the airbrake. It would be great if others could see if they can reproduce it too, before I submit a help request...?

It have the airbrake set to the slider on my X52 Pro throttle, as I fly the Flying Stations Buccaneers a LOT and the Buccaneers had variable airbrakes. I haven't made an alterations to my controls for the Hawk. When flying the Hawk I open the airbrake, then close it partially. It gets stuck partially closed and it is then that all roll authority is lost, for ~10 seconds (an eternity in the circuit!). Do you see the same behavior?

Many thanks
    Andy
    Andy, according to the FM there is no incremental control of the air brake. The switch on the throttle is spring loaded, either on or off, nothing in between.
    The normal extension angle of the air brake is 60 degrees but to prevent over stressing at high speeds, the angle is adjusted automatically. Iirc, the Tonka has a similar system.
    Also, if the gear is lowered by a normal gear down selection, the air brake is automatically retracted.

BTW, if you try to operate the air brake using a controller axis, the air brake can get stuck halfway open and you have to reset it clicking the air brake switch on the throttle.

Yes, that is correct. I knew this beforehand, but prefer to keep by airbrake control on the slider (for frequent use of other aircraft with variable airbrakes, hence the mention of the Buccaneer).

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0