Wheeler AAF Hawaii

Thread: Wheeler AAF Hawaii

Wheeler AAF Hawaii

Has anyone updated or redone Wheeler AAF Hawaii? All the upgrades/updates to Hawaii and local airports PHNL etc etc yet no one that i know of has done one yet that is close.

I used to be stationed there so that's why i have the interest.

Do it yourself i hear you say? Sorry no talent for that, just asking...
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Keeping in mind that George Keogh released a series of highly accurate freeware Hawaii airports covering basically everywhere that FSDreamteam did not, I emailed him in the past around the time of one of the airport package releases (I assisted with firsthand knowledge and some images of the USCG at Barbers Point), and he indicated that he was debating about creating both Wheeler AAF and Bradshaw AAF (remember, Bradshaw is on the Island of Hawaii aka Big Island). I do not have any additional details, but you may want to email him to express interest. I believe he had a few buildings already created for Wheeler but was having trouble getting images of Bradshaw.

I wish I could help with pics. Break out a camera when I was in and I'm a Russian spy.

Bradshaw *shudder*

edit...keep in mind runway at Bradshaw runs uphill

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    I wish I could help with pics. Break out a camera when I was in and I'm a Russian spy.

Bradshaw *shudder*

edit...keep in mind runway at Bradshaw runs uphill
    True statement. If one was caught with a camera on base, regardless which location, base security would be on you like white on rice. NC

I did some preliminary work on Wheeler several years ago, then got sidetracked because I couldn't find any good reference material to continue. From the way you guys are talking, I guess I know why now.

OT (sort of)

I have no Gung-Ho pictures of me with my weapon while I was in the Army.....sucks. They didn't like that either.

Pantera

Members who have read this thread: 0