Beeping driving me bonkers

Thread: Beeping driving me bonkers

Beeping driving me bonkers

In an effort to get a more balanced performance from my Bf-109, I substituted the original .AIR file for the one from the Mauro Giacomazzi BF-109E-4N. This was the only file I replaced. Now I get that damned slow and fast approach beeping whenever I get near an airfield LOL. Does anyone know how to shut this off?

check entry 316. change it to 1.0 and see if that helps. I'll keep looking into it. --- Nope not that

also check 319 and 325. --- Hummmm, maybe not.

I wonder if it might be an ILS trying to work? I'm only finding the stall warnings. --- still looking.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

My two cents....

Hi _486_Col_Wolf,

I had the same problem with other models. I resolved it by getting rid of the

[STALL_WARNING]
    filename=stallhrn

[AP_DISENGAGE_SOUND]
    filename=APW

entries in any engine sound set and all the avionic entries in each airfile like VOR and so on.

All derived from civilian sims - avionic is acronym for aviation electronics -, they have no place in a WWII-dedicated combat flight sim. If you take the time to take a peek into any of the strictly stock airfiles, you'll notice that none of those entries are active, or even present.

Therefore, why having them in CFS2? Lots of addon airplanes are equipped with airfiles coming from MS' civilian sims. I made a point in cleaning them all, before installing and archiving any new download.

The masterpiece was a stall horn going off in both a downloaded Sopwith Camel and a Fokker DR.I triplane!!!.....

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0