Repaint Problem

Thread: Repaint Problem

Repaint Problem

Ive just downloaded a repaint for A2As P-51 in the RAF 303 sqn colours and it seems to be a bit blurred I have attached some screenshots.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (1).jpg   Screenshot (2).jpg   Screenshot (3).jpg   Screenshot (4).jpg  

a bit hard to tell from your screenies, but if you open the textures in dxtbmp, could you check if the mipmaps are on? They should be off. Saving with mipmaps on usually produces blurred textures..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    a bit hard to tell from your screenies, but if you open the textures in dxtbmp, could you check if the mipmaps are on? They should be off. Saving with mipmaps on usually produces blurred textures..
    Thank you ill have a look later.

Also, when you check, even if the mips box isn't checked, resave the texture making sure the box remains unchecked and note the change in file size. You may find (as I have in the past) that while the mips box isn't checked when loading, the original file was saved "with mips" and resaving it this way eliminates them. I've had some textures drop as much as 5-7 meg after saving this way due to mips having been saved in the original.

When I look at the "transparency"of the markings, the alpha layer might be corrupt (completely dark).

When you can tell me what the name of the file is and where you've downloaded it I will have a look.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    When I look at the "transparency"of the markings, the alpha layer might be corrupt (completely dark).

When you can tell me what the name of the file is and where you've downloaded it I will have a look.

Cheers,
    Huub
    The file is called wop3_p51d_303sqn. I dont know how to uncheck bitemaps.

Huub,

The zip can be found at Avsim (wop3_p51d_303sqn.zip).

Tom,

You need DXTbmp to uncheck mipmaps. But no need to do that as its not mipmaps that are the problem. It is the alpha not having the Markings painted white and is why your getting the transparency.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Tom,

The problem is as I thought the markings are not on the alpha layer and therefore semi transparent. This makes the textures look blurry/odd.

For somebody with some repaint experience it is possible create a dirty fix, But sadly this will not solve all problems as for instance weathering remains transparent. As I don't have the model I'm not the person who you should ask.

You can also try to contact the person who has done the repaint and ask him whether he can fix his alpha layers (add the markings and weathering).

Huub

Tom,

PM me with your email address. I have fixed the alpha but can not check if it fixes the problem as I do not have this p-51 installed.
    I hope your email can handle a 14mb file, its compressed as far as I can get it.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

It has not worked im afraid.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (5).jpg  

Tom,

I see what happened, I put the wrong alpha in. I resent the zip with correct alpha. Here is a pic to show it does work.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WoP P-51.jpg  

Thank you ButcherBird.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (7).jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0