Prepar3d v3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepar3d v3

I totally want an avatar.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Expanding a bit on my previous comment about the new update system, here are some comparisons:

Full installer = 10,245,970 KB
    InstallClient = 104,350 KB <= this is the last update package

As you can see, updating will be much, much easier and faster now!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

two cents

As an P3 outsider I have been watching this LM program with interest over the past few years - but I have gotten FSX up to such a decent level of quality and performance (using DX10Fixer)AS Next,Softclouds, Orbx, etc., etc., that I have always been reluctant to purchase the Prepar3d offering - reading about others issues with 3rd party equipment and the fact that many of my quality products don't work or would need to be repurchased .. as far as I can see - that cost equation has not really changed with V3.0 except a clearer delineation on what a student is vs an individual =- and an increase in listed price to purchase.. As for VAS issues - I will watch this over the weeks and months ahead and see if there are any real benefits to be had.

I await some more proving video clips ... meantime back to FSX aceleration

Prepar3DV3 Black Hawk

"Region is Orbx NA NorCal, Airport is FlightBeam's KSFO HD, graphics settings are at the end of the video ... it is recorded in 4K and is using NI for 4X SGSS AA. Hardware is 5960X with two Titan X's in SLI performance mode."

Wow! 4k! I guess you'll need two Titan/980ti's to do that!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

[QUOTE=TuFun;982996]"Region is Orbx NA NorCal, Airport is FlightBeam's KSFO HD, graphics settings are at the end of the video ... it is recorded in 4K and is using NI for 4X SGSS AA. Hardware is 5960X with two Titan X's in SLI performance mode."

Wow! 4k! I guess you'll need two Titan/980ti's to do that!

QUOTE]

Hi Tufun

"Region is Orbx NA NorCal"
    So, is it possible to install Orbx products (meaning triple installers) on P3D v 3? don´t have this one, only global, europe and nz, few airports, but don´t want to wait months once more for Orbx updates. Apart having to pay again, this is the main reason not to upgrade to V3...

Regards

Rob is a beta tester who did the video, so not sure on ORBX products install on v3.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

JV about orbx products X P3D v3: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...ns-vector-olc/
    So you will have to wait again for the installers. (I´m waiting till now for some of the airport installers for p3d v2.5)
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Read all previous posts in related ORBX Forum and my main doubts remain...hope someone will be so kind and make matters clear to me. (posted this in Orbx Forum)

1-Do Orbx users have to download everything once more or there will be a patch/patches to previous triple installers?

2-Think not, but read about some of Orbx products beeing installed on Prepar3d, with triple installers, no problems found. Is this true? If so, how is it done?

Have jus a few of Orbx products, they make THE difference, and will not buy v3 until everything I own (Orbx) is updated. Waited months for triple installers, not wanting to do the same again, will keep 2.5 for the moment.
    Thanks

I'm one of those guys who think FS9, FSX and P3D Academic were/are too inexpensive. I agree totally with other members who wonder why someone would complain about a $50 P3D Academic purchase then 5 minutes later pay what PMDG or A2A charge for their aircraft.

I was in e:mail contact with a couple of ACES Team members years ago and told them it was crazy for me to be able to buy FS9 the day it came out for $29.99. I think I paid $35 for FSX the day it came out. Now when you compare the levels of support and development by LM on P3D compared to MS I think Lockheed Martin has been brilliant.

The new Updater is worth the price of admission alone! Access to the Settings button from the start page was way up on my list and it's in V3.0.

I think may users forget what it was like dealing with Microsoft and their "You will buy it and you will like it" attitude or their "We've got your money and we will fix it when we get around to it" attitude. Remember MS's Beta is other developers Alpha!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

I think, at least for me, the fact that 2.5 is installed, works and looks great, all utilities are up to date with that version and nothing is broke is enough to forego any new version offerings. Yes I understand that it's an ongoing WIP sim and I need to keep doing the updates/upgrades to stay current, but that doesn't concern me. I know that's incomprehensible to some but I'm sure in time you'll get over it, lol.

When I started with Prepa3d 2.x, it was a refreshing change from FSX - much better performance out of the box and better graphics. Over time, for me personally, it became more of a tweakfest than FSX had been. After a couple of weeks of trying to get SLI to perform without artifacts on 2.5, I loaded up FSX Steam on a lark (had bought the license on one of those $5 sales) just to see how it ran. The answer: better than FSX Gold (much smoother, better frames) and in many respects better than P3D, which had acquired a family of stutters somewhere along the line. So for the moment, I'm enjoying FSX:SE - it's an easy environment to live in, comparatively inexpensive, no need to worry about incompatibilties, and no need to play word games with the licensing. I'm by no means decided against P3D 3.0 - I might try it out at some future point, depending on user reports - but I'm not feeling compelled to rush in today. My $.02.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I've had P3D and now almost exclusively flying FSX:SE simply because it runs better. As far as support, I don't see much evidence of it. In fact, I don't see much evidence of a lot of people on P3D forums...they seem to be deserted.

FSX has problems too, though...trying to install some freeware ORBX products today and got 'unhandled exceptions'.

Still, $59 ain't bad for a whole new sim when you compare the cost of aftermarket stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Expanding a bit on my previous comment about the new update system, here are some comparisons:

Full installer = 10,245,970 KB
    InstallClient = 104,350 KB <= this is the last update package

As you can see, updating will be much, much easier and faster now!
    Yep, and we did it 11 times this summer. I did scrape off the whole thing last night and put on the latest build and yes, that does take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Rob is a beta tester who did the video, so not sure on ORBX products install on v3.
    Orbx is on the featured developer list so hope they've had someone on the beta team to test P3D as well as their own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Looks like no upgrade, have to pay in full to get it.

Disaster idea for me. They solved some of bugs (and Im sure some exists still like seasonal textures) and want money - full price for it again? Big problem of P3D is many incompatible versions also.

As it was before V3 = 64 bits and new sim..... (so promises only). It isnt a v3. its a something like 2.6v and jump for cash only. I dont need any Avatar, I have free ORBX Bob for walking, dont need FPS game for 199$.

I decided do not buy next P3D - no any discount for owners of V2. Maybe I will wait for V4 with full price again ;>.

In the next Year Dovetial will finish new sim based on FSX/Flight. I'll check for this. Bye bye Lockheed Martin....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is this not an FSX general discussion forum? Maybe move this thread over the dedicated P3D forum?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I understand the reasoning in not wanting to upgrade. I don't understand why it's coming as such a shock that they are charging for it? If DT actually produces something it will be fantastic. Currently my real feeling is that although it's great to have all this "interest" in flight simulation it feels like the community has been fractured because not all versions arenalike. So another "new" sim based on FSX will only further fracture.... FSX FSX:A FSX:SE FS(DT) P3Dv1 P3Dv2 P3Dv3... Definitely P3D doesn't have the same reach that a purely entertainment sim would have....I see a great rift coming...especially if this new DT sim changes structure yet again. Not completely from the users but devs must just be put in a pickle...to try and keep versions straight for each product by sim....a lot of extra work. At some point when do you say we're not supporting xyz platform anymore? As a beta tester it hard to just handle 2 sims...although seems like P3Dv3 will not be much different from v2 in terms of functionality.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Is this not an FSX general discussion forum? Maybe move this thread over the dedicated P3D forum?
    dvj, this has been considered. Because many FSX users also use P3D some of the discussion effects FSX topics and users. The discussion definitely could effect FSX users planning to purchase or change over to P3D v3.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I understand the reasoning in not wanting to upgrade. I don't understand why it's coming as such a shock that they are charging for it? If DT actually produces something it will be fantastic. Currently my real feeling is that although it's great to have all this "interest" in flight simulation it feels like the community has been fractured because not all versions arenalike. So another "new" sim based on FSX will only further fracture.... FSX FSX:A FSX:SE FS(DT) P3Dv1 P3Dv2 P3Dv3... Definitely P3D doesn't have the same reach that a purely entertainment sim would have....I see a great rift coming...especially if this new DT sim changes structure yet again. Not completely from the users but devs must just be put in a pickle...to try and keep versions straight for each product by sim....a lot of extra work. At some point when do you say we're not supporting xyz platform anymore? As a beta tester it hard to just handle 2 sims...although seems like P3Dv3 will not be much different from v2 in terms of functionality.
    Right also....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1. not impressed with Virtavia
    2. still looks like it has that 'dark' texture problem that 2.5 has
    3. I take back my 'problem with ORBX' and FSX...ORBX is awesome (now that I got my free 100 airports or so working with FTX global)

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    . . . . .As it was before V3 = 64 bits and new sim. . . . . (so promises only). . . . .
    I can tell you that from the very beginning LM had stated that a 64bit version was not in the cards for the foreseeable future. That, however did not keep so-called "experts" who claimed to know a guy who knew a guy who used to be married to a guy who knew someone who worked for LM and they said something about 64bit from pushing the question about a 64 bit system every chance they had. Usually LM would just ignore them so as to keep from lending any credence to the rumors. A lot of BS from people who really didn't have any idea what they were talking about.

To my knowledge LM has never "promised" that this version was definitely going to be 64 bit, as a matter of fact, the only thing they might be willing to admit to at this point is that it's being considered.
    Last edited by falcon409; October 1st, 2015 at 17:59.

Members who have read this thread: 0