"Doc" repaint for Virtavia B-29 Superfortress??

Thread: "Doc" repaint for Virtavia B-29 Superfortress??

"Doc" repaint for Virtavia B-29 Superfortress??

Has anyone done a repaint yet of "Doc" for the Virtavia B-29 Superfortress??

I don't think so but it would be a goodie really adding the fresh metallic shine to it, I might just have a look this afternoon.

+1

Would love the "Doc" repaint
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

+2 and infinity.....

This paint would be fantastic!

+3. I was looking for this exact repaint a few weeks ago. I would Love to have it!

I have a feeling I started one long ago. Will have a look when I get back from Cornwall on Thursday.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

For anyone interested in making an accurate repaint of the aircraft, note that the airframe is not entirely left in bare metal. As per original factory production procedure, the main center section assembly, including the center of the fuselage (wing spar carry-through), portions of the inner wing sections, and portions of the outer wing sections, are painted silver. (Of course all fabric control surfaces are painted the same silver finish.)

Here are some photos that illustrate this:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

beautiful pics, these last few!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

As JK said, those last photo's are great and they really define it its great to have both series the old and the new, Thanks John, I did not get a chance to re-install my B-29 but I'll wait to what DaveQ may have regard to "Doc" there are plenty other possibles.

Such a fascinating airplane the B-29. The technology leap never ceases to blow me away. Boeing really had something there...
    Great pictures, Thank You for those!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    Such a fascinating airplane the B-29. The technology leap never ceases to blow me away. Boeing really had something there...
    Great pictures, Thank You for those!
    That is one off the things that caught my attention was the well known video showing the B-29 build, technology mixed with simplicity, a simple piece off string to measure the correct height off the astrodomes for the gunners, course the words from late Steve Birdsall, quoted from a WWII veteran that "he would only fly on Boeing aircraft", its a documentary well worth putting on your shelf, Great Planes, B-29

That is looking awesome! Definitely a download for me when it's ready.

Thank you very much Navydoc for having a go at "Doc".

That is looking pretty bloody great 'Doc'

All fine to many 'DOC's' can really muck the surgery up

Was this paint ever released? I have tried the "mediafile" link posted on flightsim.com but it tells me it does not exist....!?

Would anyone else have any idea how to obtail this paint please?

Cheers,
    Tim

Members who have read this thread: 0