Suzuka Grid.

Thread: Suzuka Grid.

Suzuka Grid.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Great qualifying for Valeri & Will!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Just a bad accident for Danii Kvyat, that caused that and grid penelties again.

In which world a last row result, 3 seconds slower than everyone else, barely matching the 107% limit, is a 'great qualifying' ???

When one World Championship round is not enough!
    Marquez blitzed the circuit record again. Out-Bloody-Standing!!!! Check out maximum speeds, 338 and 340K for the works Hondas, that should remind F1 that Honda can't be discounted.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Check out maximum speeds, 338 and 340K for the works Hondas, that should remind F1 that Honda can't be discounted.
    343 kph for Iannone's Ducati, and 340 kph for Dovizioso's one. Italian engines are powerful as well.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    In which world a last row result, 3 seconds slower than everyone else, barely matching the 107% limit, is a 'great qualifying' ???
    1st rule of thumb is to beat your team mate. Will did this during the race at Singapore and thus far has beat him here at Suzuka.

1st rule of thumb is to beat your team mate. Will did this during the race at Singapore and thus far has beat him here at Suzuka.
    Rossi did no time at Suzuka due to Yellow flags. Will has bet nobody...

Hey All,

Maybe if it don't rain nobody will get killed. Where are the front end loaders?

Looks like a repeat of most races this year.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Rossi did no time at Suzuka due to Yellow flags. Will has bet nobody...
    Will beat Rossi in Singapore...(and I should be rooting for Rossi!)

19 28 Will Stevens Marussia-Ferrari 1:51.021 191
    20 53 Alexander Rossi Marussia-Ferrari 1:51.523 202

Will beat Rossi in Singapore...(and I should be rooting for Rossi!)

19 28 Will Stevens Marussia-Ferrari 1:51.021 191
    20 53 Alexander Rossi Marussia-Ferrari 1:51.523 202
    But the subject here is Suzuka, and like I said Rossi didn't get a clean lap today because of the yellow flags. I don't think a pilot who got the last spot on the starting grid and barely avoided DNQ deserves to be congratulated...

But if you really want it :
    Congratulation to Will Stevens ! You made an outstanding job today, scoring an incredible 19th starting spot for the race ! We all wish you to have an even more awful race tomorrow, and may you finish no more than 3 laps behind the race winner, which would be indeed a so great performance for you and your team !

Lightbulb

Congratulation to Will Stevens ! You made an outstanding job today, scoring an incredible 19th starting spot for the race ! We all wish you to have an even more awful race tomorrow, and may you finish no more than 3 laps behind the race winner, which would be indeed a so great performance for you and your team !
    Looks like I struck a bad nerve with you...LoL

Poor Max Verstappen,did the 8th time, but nevertheless has to start from position 18 on the grid as the FIA punished him for the fact he left his broken car at a hazardous position......

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Poor Max Verstappen,did the 8th time, but nevertheless has to start from position 18 on the grid as the FIA punished him for the fact he left his broken car at a hazardous position......
    This is not Verstappen who crashed but Kvyat, and Max clearly broke the rule.

Kvyat's team had to completely rebuild the car, and so he will have to start from the pits. About the same rule as NASCAR, when à pilot who use his backup car has to start from the rear.

Looks like I struck a bad nerve with you...LoL
    Not that much.

Lightbulb

Looks like you were correct here- Will was 3 laps behind & beat by Rossi....On the other side, good to see Bottas up there!

Lightbulb

Addendum: After Andretti (whom even Ayrton felt was treated unfairly by Dennis) and Speed fiascos, Rossi's best chance (IMHO) would be with Haas. If he (Rossi) wants to make a name for himself, Marussia is not the place to do it.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Maybe if it don't rain nobody will get killed. Where are the front end loaders?

Looks like a repeat of most races this year.

-Ed-
    Wow.. Just wow....

Exactly the reason I don't post about F1 here anymore..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ahhhh Formula 1 ....... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry. I meant to say Whoopee how exciting, almost as fun to watch as Ice Hockey on a small screen Now where's the puck!
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Wow.. Just wow....

Exactly the reason I don't post about F1 here anymore..
    Completely understood...

Hey All,

I was right - Hamilton the F1 fav... Was there ever really any doubt a Mercedes car would win?

The history at Dunlop corner Suzuka speaks for itself. Brundle 1994... Bianchi could have and should have been avoided - not a fluke - go immediately to a full course caution - eliminate the leads and go to exciting restarts. Anyway really glad it didn't rain and hopefully they - F1 - have learned - we will see - when it rains again at suzuka. Soon as I saw Hamilton go to the lead and Rosburg the number 2 driver at mercedes fall away it was clear - switched to golf. Who cares about a battle for 10th? That is what I call settling. If drivers battling for 10th is the essence of racing for people - fine - they have every right to it. Whatever turns your turbines. I expect to see close racing and passing and drivers battling for the win and it does happen - time to time - good races when it happens.

So I agree with Ferry Wow just wow - And P completely understood.

We learned in NASCAR that racing is first and foremost about safety - Dale Earnhardt taught us that. Hopefully Jules continued the legacy of Senna safety-wise and did the same for F1.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,
    We learned in NASCAR that racing is first and foremost about safety - Dale Earnhardt taught us that. Hopefully Jules continued the legacy of Senna safety-wise and did the same for F1.
    -Ed-
    Rubbish Ed, NASCAR is only about money.

And of course NASCAR is popular, big loud chunky fuel guzzling vehicles covered in shiny bright colors running round and round in circles, obsolete technology, drivers who punt one another into the wall, other competitors or the infield, with fist fights in the pits, gang fights as well, all stage managed of course..............ideal for the redneck audience who are fascinated by bright shiny baubles and loud noise.
    Bogan racing.

Members who have read this thread: 0