AH B-17F US Navy Quad Pack.zip

Thread: AH B-17F US Navy Quad Pack.zip

AH B-17F US Navy Quad Pack.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: Aeroplane Heaven B-17F US Navy Quad Pack

These are repaints for the payware Aeroplane Heaven B-17F V1.2 package.

These repaints are fictional and are "What-If" the US Navy used the B-17 during the war. These repaints are based off of the PB4Y Privateer used during the war. I used the PB2Y-1 designation and is completely fictional.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AH B-17F US Navy Quad Pack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

In the old Navy aircraft designation system PB2Y was Patrol Bomber, 2nd type, built by Consolidated (Y was the Consolidated manufacturer code letter). The manufacturer code letter for Boeing was B. But if the aircraft was built by Lockheed Vega, it would have been V or by Douglas it would have been D. And in those cases, the type number would have been different depending on how many patrol bombers Lockheed Vega or Douglas had built for the Navy before the B-17. PBB-1F would be a Boeing built B-17F in Navy service.

TBF Grumman built Avenger, TBM Eastern (GM) built Avenger

F4U Chance Vought built Corsair. 4th fighter type built by that company. FG (or FG-1) Corsair built by Goodyear.

http://rwebs.net/avhistory/acdesig/usnavy.htm
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Willy,

When the Navy did get the B-17 most were G models (only one F) and built by either Douglas or Lockheed and would have had the designation of P4D-1W or P3V-1G, the Boeing built would have been PB-1W. When I was finishing the paints I had the privateer in the back of my head and is why I did what I did. Its a easy fix on the paints and I did not put any designation into the cfg's. I will fix them and upload the fixes and send Rami a note to update the original zip.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Just re uploaded the fixed package and sent Rami a PM. I just used the designation PB-1 as these are fictional paints.
    For anyone that may have downloaded the package, please re d/l once Rami has approved the new one.

Thanks, Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Members who have read this thread: 0