Alabeo Cessna 400TT Corvalis released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo Cessna 400TT Corvalis released.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Alabeo Cessna 400TT Corvalis released.

Yet another release from Alabeo in the GA segment:

$34.95 USD

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

There is minimal reviews on this plane. I asked over at avsim and like one guy was thinking about it. (I'm thinking about it).

Ideally I want to get the GTN750 modded into the center screen... much like has been done on the Phenom 100, 300 and Hawker cockpits. I know it's not realistic but it will allow for more navigational power than the stock G1000.

I found one YT video on it so far... kinda general info.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    There is minimal reviews on this plane. I asked over at avsim and like one guy was thinking about it. (I'm thinking about it).

Ideally I want to get the GTN750 modded into the center screen... much like has been done on the Phenom 100, 300 and Hawker cockpits. I know it's not realistic but it will allow for more navigational power than the stock G1000.

I found one YT video on it so far... kinda general info.
    I got it and it's a nice aircraft. It is Alabeo all around, great eye candy, and I am not unhappy with the purchase. I would be interested in a GTN mod if someone with more talent than me can come up with one. It is worth it if you like fast GA aircraft.

Any bugs you've found so far? I noticed a FLC mode in that video... usually they call it IAS in small planes but FLC is probably legit. Does it work?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Any bugs you've found so far? I noticed a FLC mode in that video... usually they call it IAS in small planes but FLC is probably legit. Does it work?
    I have not found any glaring bugs, but have only logged around 30 minutes in the plane....I will check further this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    I have not found any glaring bugs, but have only logged around 30 minutes in the plane....I will check further this evening.
    A new release and only 4 posts including the OP in over 24 hrs...

When Alabeo released the Waco they had 8 pages on the release thread here, the GeeBee had 6 pages -
    I hope they are paying attention over there...

Alabeo - Get back to the aviation classics and racers and let Carenado do the Cessna's and Pipers - the old formula was a winner.

average $22.00 per plane and do the more iconic, less common air frames and be successful -OR- double down on the Carenado brand, match pricing and aircraft types and languish
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thats one of the things I like here.
    Little time wasted with Carenado/Alabeo stuff.

Wow...just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    Thats one of the things I like here.
    Little time wasted with Carenado/Alabeo stuff.
    Too funny... and thankfully so true!

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Wow...just wow.

I for one appreciate ANY developer that brings ANY plane to the table these days. As for the bombardment of this thread by the "war bird" crowd that expects all developers to cater to their likes alone, it is quite uncalled for. This Air Force Veteran is very appreciative of all of the sacrifices made by veterans of previous conflicts and respects the evolution of technology from the early aircraft to the current and future aviation developments. Enough disrespect towards developers and there won't be any left to make any planes for the hobby.

I agree with you ksheadley.

I forgot to put a smiley after my post and now I cant edit. It was some kind of humor... But maybe it was out of place. And in this case, apologize.
    Last edited by donnybalonny; September 20th, 2015 at 07:37. Reason: me

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Enough disrespect towards developers and there won't be any left to make any planes for the hobby.
    Actually, as a consumer I have no problem defining various levels of vendor capabilities. In this hobby, groups like A2A are top notch and offer great value for the price they command. Groups like Carabeo make nice eye candy, and because of their recent foray into complex systems that are ultimately anything but, certainly are not worth the price TO ME. If you're happy with their products, then so be it. In the end we all have the right to express our opinions and experiences with payware. Having been around this hobby for almost 20 years, I always have been and always will be thankful to all the freeware developers for their hard work and generosity. But payware developers are here firstly to make a $... and that's OK. But that doesn't mean anyone much necessarily endorse their efforts. Regards, Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Yeah - this took a turn. I meant no slam against their work. Alabeo make excellent models- all I was trying to say was that I thought their original plan was perfect and it was working from what I could see, and that their subsequent decision to veer toward their own sister company's aircraft selection appeared to be a mistake - based on reaction here and elsewhere onthe web
    enter..the Sandman

It is not my place to make comment on any product here but I will say that the bottom line is developers whether free or payware will do what they want to do. That is their right. It is also their risk and nobody else's if sales results don't go the way they are supposed to. Providing ample information is given about a product and better still there are some reviews around, then a potential buyer has enough data to enable a buying decision to be made. In this case I suspect this is the wrong forum as more modern GA and commercial subjects are not that popular with SOH people. To get a more balanced appraisal of this type of product from people who actually own it it is often more productive to look at other more relevant sites.

This is how Alabeo introduced themselves....but they have changed their deal
    on both pricing and type of aircraft. So far I cant find any website that has embraced the change and almost all have at least one thread that lament it.
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4291/

of course the developer s free to do whatever they like - all I am saying is that it doesnt
    look like the new Alabeo has been as successful as the original.
    enter..the Sandman

Developpers are free to do what they want, and we consumers are free to complain about their choices.
    Now Alebeo is just making the same exact thing as Carenado. They should rename Alabeo to Carenado, it would make more sense, especially for the customers and their expectations.

Some of us are very happy with GA subjects.
    And I (just me, myself) am highly unimpressed by the stream of constantly duplicated military aircraft.
    I'd be pleased if Alabeo continued on their original path with classics but it's their choice to follow the apparent sales trend as they see fit.
    Don't like them?
    Don't buy them, it's a free market.
    Just ease up on the criticism because they don't do another bloody P51 or F15.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

and maybe ease down with the military versus GA stuff. There´s room enough for both IMHO

I´m not flying military but a lot of GA. I have devellopers that I like and some that i dont. (no names mentioned!)
    I would like to know if its ok to talk about that. Is it ok to critizese a develloper on this forum?

Alabeo started off as a lower-cost alternative to Carnado. Now they are right there with them. So much for that business plan. Merge.

Don

The fusion is almost done.
    Look at Carenados FSX product page. Before it was pointed out on the main product page which AC was Carenado and which was Alabeo.
    Now you open the product you like, and if its an Alabeo, above the pictures, it says Carenado and below it says licensed by Alabeo.

Its fine for me. No problem.

Merger

I Just love this thread.... Hah - My thoughts on Alabeo? -Never purchased their aircraft so do please excuse the following; - I do love the short sharp observations and even though I am not qualified thru purchase to rate their products the "differentiate" comments in this subject hit the mark for me. Because as I see it, what is Alabeo now, but a junior Carenado IMHO. Why not just get back together like long lost buddies and trade under the same name ? Or alternatively, buy out the Carenado licence and trade all under Alabeo !!

It's the same company, just different names....

They need to slow down their production rate, and churn out some more quality products under one storefront.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Because they have quantity over quality

The number of releases that kept having the leading digit of the transponder blank if you set a zero was getting rediculous. The same bug over and over... Just an assembly line I guess.

My example is just one of the MANY bugs that transfer from plane to plane

I finally had the sense to quit buying from them.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

So the king is dead,long live the king. Sorry mate I don't call a missing digit a serious "quality "problem. Would you buy if it were $24.95? I think you probably would.

Members who have read this thread: 0