Grand harbor, Valetta

Thread: Grand harbor, Valetta

Grand harbor, Valetta

Ive been messing around with my old Malta scenery i did for FS9 a few years back, im tidying up the afcad, updating some objects and have included Hal Far as well, which was'nt in the original. Ive got some way to go yet plus a vacation to take, but as FSX default has no Grand Harbour, Valetta, i thought i'd have a crack at coastlines and Land-class with SbuilderX, im pretty pleased with the results and ive included pretty much all of Mike Hudsons RN Ship scenery objects aswell, any ideas or observations welcome and i was also wondering if there's a 60's era carrier to use as a scenery object i could use, dos'nt have to be landerble, just an object.

cheers ian

Blog Entries
    Looks awesome Ian!

I'll be on this in a big way - but then again, all your sceneries align perfectly to my particular FS proclivities.

Would an option for carriers be a simple cruise track around the island, using an existing boat of either Flying Stations, or some other USN vessel, depending on whose you wanted to feature? I'd like some anchored vessels too - but in the absence of a classic object item, maybe an AI item could solve that problem?

dl

A ship track may be the easiest option and it wouldn't have to go alongside either. When I went there on Hermes.. we were in the bay seaward of St Angelo. As an alternative.. the only 60's RN static I can think of off the top of my head is the old FS9 Flying Stations Ark Royal IV. There's an FS9 static of Hermes knocking around too (also in CFS2 flavour) but it's 80's configured and the ski jump would look everso out of place.

ATB
    DaveB

Nice one. I shall watch this thread with interest.

Ian,

Either of our '60s Victorious models should be suitable and you're more than welcome to use them. I can probably knock out a static version if you can't convert the mode yourself.

http://flyingstations.com/victorious-66.html

Thats a very kind offer Skippy and i'll certainly give it a try

cheers ian

I had a look in my box of bits and found a basic model of a Roundtable class RFA from a few years back, its an FSDS scenery object only and has no hard deck unfortunatly and i dought if it can be made to work as an AI ship, its way over scale for one thing, but if you want to play with it your more than welcome

cheers ian

ive resized the object and sorted some flickering texture's, delete RFA and try RFAx

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Ian,

Either of our '60s Victorious models should be suitable and you're more than welcome to use them. I can probably knock out a static version if you can't convert the mode yourself.

http://flyingstations.com/victorious-66.html
    You beat me to it Skippy.

Looks great Ian, nice work.

I am sure you have seen this, but some great colour footage of Victorious entering Valetta in this video at about 11mins 50 seconds onwards...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=112_1307792008

Cheers,

Fraser

Members who have read this thread: 0