JF Lockheed Electra released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Lockheed Electra released!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    One also must remember which sim they are flying the Electra in. I was on the Beta team for the JF/AH F-27 and tested exclusively in P3D V2.4/5 and found problems that did not exist in FSX.

Not everything that works in FSX will work 100% in P3D. Also I believe the correct procedure for highlighting faults is to visit the JF Forums and raise the problem there. AH only constructs the aircraft and then it is up to JF when they release the model and I believe they compile a list of faults and then ask AH to update or correct them. Once that is done then JF will release the Service Pack. I don't believe these forums are the correct to highlight any faults.

So I suggest everybody take a deep breath and join the Just Flight forums and discuss any problems with the Electra, F-27 and whatever aircraft JF releases.

(Roger, if this post is out of line then please remove it.)

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I think we should change the title to the JF Lockheed Electra 10A now guys. Congrats to JF on a rapid turnaround. They only received it last night.
    Barry,
    Great to see you doing kick @ss add-ons....I might hafta come out of retirement now....

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post

Barry,
    Great to see you doing kick @ss add-ons....I might hafta come out of retirement now....

Please do mate. We miss you flaming hot landings .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Barry,
    Good God man how the devil are you? If ever there was a guy who knew how to ruin a perfectly good add-on it was you...
    Miss you man.

Keep well, safe and happy my friend.

Barry,
    Whenever I botch a landing in a spectacular way I still call it "panthering" in my mind. Come back, mate!
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Aussieman.
    I disagree with what you say.
    Forums work very well with respect of addons. The response from the forum users can make you decide or not to buy an addon.

Its the only way we have in this jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    Aussieman.
    I disagree with what you say.
    Forums work very well with respect of addons. The response from the forum users can make you decide or not to buy an addon.

Its the only way we have in this jungle.
    Hardly.
    If I have a problem with one of my cars or bikes I don't rant at BMW or KTM, I go to the dealer.
    Forums have their place and provided you look for answers in the correct manner (It costs nothing to be polite!) that is fine.
    Just remember that abusing developers is NOT TOLERATED.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify what is going on with the Electra service pack (the same process applies to all of our third-party developed products). Once the developers have supplied the required fixes, our testing team will confirm that all of the reported issues have been addressed and we will then update the manual if required. We will then upload the service pack and contact everyone who purchased it to let them know its available.

We expect the Electra SP to be available soon but we can't provide a release date as it all depends on when the files arrive, how the testing goes and what changes are required to the manual etc etc. Needless to say, as with all of our products we will work hard to release it ASAP, but both the developer(s) and Just Flight have very finite resources with which to balance new releases, updates and the day-to-day running of a business - a commercial reality for all small businesses.

Thanks
    Martyn - JF
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thanks for keeping us posted and for the clarification, Martyn. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Good God man how the devil are you? If ever there was a guy who knew how to ruin a perfectly good add-on it was you...
    Miss you man.

Keep well, safe and happy my friend.
    Barry..
    Photography bug has still got me....couple more photo-gear items to get then I'm back to simming!
    I do miss you guys!

One shot of mine (shameless plug).....

Circuit Of The Americas: 2014 U.S. Vintage Racing National Championship by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Very nice mate. Cooper? Brabham? Lotus? (no not Lotus surely) Lola?

The service pack is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/el...el-10a/7d472ad
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Very nice mate. Cooper? Brabham? Lotus? (no not Lotus surely) Lola?
    Brabham BT-14/15/16/18 it looks to me. I have a 1967 BT-21 in which I make a total fool out of myself occasionally at Brands Hatch and Goodwood. Wonderful fun.

image sharing
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Downloading the update now! Thanks for the hu Martyn.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Martyn,

Thanks for the update.
    I just downloaded it and made a quick tour.

Some quick remarks
    - when the plane is idle on the runway, the tail wheel is not in contact with the ground : could you suggest the updated values to set for the corresponding contact point (and/or a static_pitch)
    - in the aircraft.cfg I see a new [fltsim] JK_RCAF7631, but the texture folder is not there !
    - the aircraft.cfg as lost all the fltsim descriptions (that's a pitty)

I like so much this aircraft that I would like it to be perfect !

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Brabham BT-14/15/16/18 it looks to me. I have a 1967 BT-21 in which I make a total fool out of myself occasionally at Brands Hatch and Goodwood. Wonderful fun.

image sharing
    You drive one of those suicide wagons?

You sir have my respect... You wouldn't get me near one of those monsters!

SP works very, very nicely. Thanks, Bazzar and Martyn and your respective teams!

To all: a question - does anyone have any power settings tables handy? I'm feeling my way, and finding out that she's a slippery devil. Not at all like the DC-3 I'm used to. More like the P-38 that I'm also used to... or at least, something in between. At 29 MP and 2100 RPM, she's fast and doesn't want to settle. Maybe something lower? Open to advice from any Electra-knowledgeable friends. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: OK, have re-R'd TFM and reminded myself that it calls for 2000-2500 RPM in climb and cruise. I'll try for the lower end of that range, maybe with less manifold. I guess the overall idea is, set RPMs and then set manifold accordingly. Would still like to know what "recipe" others are using, though. Thanks again!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Is it just me, or does the ADF still not work???

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    SP works very, very nicely. Thanks, Bazzar and Martyn and your respective teams!

To all: a question - does anyone have any power settings tables handy? I'm feeling my way, and finding out that she's a slippery devil. Not at all like the DC-3 I'm used to. More like the P-38 that I'm also used to... or at least, something in between. At 29 MP and 2100 RPM, she's fast and doesn't want to settle. Maybe something lower? Open to advice from any Electra-knowledgeable friends. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: OK, have re-R'd TFM and reminded myself that it calls for 2000-2500 RPM in climb and cruise. I'll try for the lower end of that range, maybe with less manifold. I guess the overall idea is, set RPMs and then set manifold accordingly. Would still like to know what "recipe" others are using, though. Thanks again!

Hard to find any L10 POH anywhere.
    But this might do. http://aero-enginesinc.com/maintenan...operation.html

@Robert41 - thanks, that helps. On a second flight, found it did OK at 25 and 2000 - on the high end of your power table, but better than it had been at higher settings. Still a handful, though. Will try something even more conservative next time.

@MustangL2W - ADF worked for me - or at least, it seemed to track something in the general vicinity of the NDB I tuned. Didn't really test it with any precision but it appeared to be responsive. Will try testing this a little further, too.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

You drive one of those suicide wagons?

You sir have my respect... You wouldn't get me near one of those monsters!
    Well, Rachael, it can be a bit scary but so was my first solo flight! Actually the safety and fatality stats in historic racing here and in the US are pretty good. Car is small - weighs 440 kg and has Lotus Twin Cam engine with about 180hp. It is set up as a Formula Two so top speed is only about 140 mph at the end of the straights but sitting three inches above the ground makes it that fast enough!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Well I just tried the update and very disappointed in the prop disks still. The flicking is very annoying from the VC and unrealistic looking from the exterior. (Using DX10 in FSX). I'm simply going to have to replace them with something more visually pleasing.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

image sharing

Lovely little cars to drive.
    Shame Honda never released the 1.0L 'Screamer' engines that the Brabham Factory Team ran in the 1 Litre F3 series.
    I managed to get a drive for a few years in ANF1 aboard a BT36, initially powered by a BDA, then a Waggot T/C made in Australia in small numbers.
    Love to get my backside into that car again.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I managed to get a drive for a few years in ANF1 aboard a BT36, initially powered by a BDA

Now a BT-36 with a Cosworth BDA - that is a real front field F2 set up. Brabhams are pretty robustly made (walked away with some bruising putting her into the concrete pit wall at Brands qualifying for my first race - raining buckets a number of years ago . .) and also fairly forgiving and predictable handling, compared, e.g., to its contemporary Lotus and others.

Couple more pics from the Brands Hatch paddock on my last outing. Sorry for the thread hijack all !

image hosting free

Great Model..I too would like it to be the Best model....in its paints ,we do not get the most famous model of all..the Amelia Earhart plane.however I would guess a paint is out there as we speak...one other observation..the exterior views at night ..No cabin lights or cockpit lites visible...however Looks sounds flys OK..Thnx for the work!

Members who have read this thread: 3