JF Lockheed Electra released!
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Lockheed Electra released!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

JF Lockheed Electra released!

Just saw a post on my Facebook. The AH Lockheed Electra will be available here http://justflight.com/product/electra-model-10a and priced under $US19. Currently getting ready for release. Can sign up for an email when release is imminent.

Maybe a sticky please Tom.
    Last edited by stovall; September 12th, 2015 at 14:28.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I think we should change the title to the JF Lockheed Electra 10A now guys. Congrats to JF on a rapid turnaround. They only received it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I think we should change the title to the JF Lockheed Electra 10A now guys. Congrats to JF on a rapid turnaround. They only received it last night.
    I see where I can ask them to email me when it is released...but I do not yet see that is has been released
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

wow looks sweet i been waiting for this plane too
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I see where I can ask them to email me when it is released...but I do not yet see that is has been released
    You got to remember that AussieMan and bazzar live in the future from us NoAm types !

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    You got to remember that AussieMan and bazzar live in the future from us NoAm types !
    vegimite sammich eatin' hooligans
    enter..the Sandman

Being from the future does have its benefits occasionally...

We are aiming to release it later this week
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Great news, but the title of this thread is a little misleading if the Electra's not actually on sale yet.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Great news, but the title of this thread is a little misleading if the Electra's not actually on sale yet.
    I don't see any store with AH Electra also.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Indeed! I think Pat jumped the start just a tad as even in his post, he mentions signing up for an email when release is imminent

Maybe an 'unsticky' Tom and send Pat to bed with no supper
    ATB
    DaveB

vegimite sammich eatin' hooligans

Haven't eaten that horrible black stuff since I was a kid.

My apologies on the title. Tried to change it but it didn't work.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I wonder if there will be plans for the 12A?

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

No problems. Unstickied, thread edited and post edited.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No problems. Unstickied, thread edited and post edited.
    Thanks Roger.

Cheers
    Pat

last Night when you posted this i was like Yahoo!
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I wonder if there will be plans for the 12A?

-d
    http://www.goldenagesimulations.com/gasl12a.html
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

The Electra is now available!

http://www.justflight.com/product/electra-model-10a

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Good morning all,

I am really interested in buying this plane but reading on the description I couldn't find anything about the option of removing the yokes. This is important to me as I don't use any tracking devices and some gauges could be hidden behind them.

Can anyone who bought it confirm if this option is available?

Thanks a lot,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    The Electra is now available!

http://www.justflight.com/product/electra-model-10a

Greetings
    Tim
    got it! - instant classic...flies really well and virtually no FPS impact at all.

one bug - the elevator trim animation is reversed...apply nose up trim (and achieve nose up flight) but see the elevator trim tabs deflect downward, which would induce nose down flight attitude...oops
    aside that I see no defects but only one flight from CEN4 to CEJ4

the aircraft is beautiful inside and out - I used the Trans Canada paint ...maybe the wing walk port side should not extend onto the fuselage at the forward wing root?...

again - this plane is freakin' sweet so none of these nigglets are show stoppers
    enter..the Sandman

Not bought it yet Dan but I can add that it's at an introductory offer of £11.99 from JF until 1600(UK time) 18th Sep

ATB
    DaveB

one bug - the elevator trim animation is reversed...apply nose up trim and see the elevator trim tabs deflect downward, which would induce nose down flight attitude...oops
    Do you think Aussie trim wheels work backwards to ours in the Northern Hemisphere?? Pat was on the beta team for the FSAddon Anson and that does it too

ATB
    DaveB

yes the price was $18.99 US and I was able to apply a 150 point discount so for $16.55 or so this plane is a real bargain...with or without JF points

also - huge fact - JF allows for endless downloads and makes the process of purchasing and downloading and replacing files BULLETPROOF - All distributors should really take note and thank you
    AH for using Just Flight as the distributor in this case.
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Do you think Aussie trim wheels work backwards to ours in the Northern Hemisphere?? Pat was on the beta team for the FSAddon Anson and that does it too

ATB
    DaveB

no its a bug - because as I say - the plane with the nose up trim applied flies in a nose up attitude - but - the tabs are deflected downward in the external view.
    you can see it in the second image I posted above... landing gear extended, flaps full down and nose up trim applied - but - the tabs are full down on the elevator - that would lift the tail and cause extreme nose DOWN flight but as you can see I have the elevators neutral - letting the trim handle the approach attitude
    enter..the Sandman

another thought on trim tabs

no its a bug - because as I say - the plane with the nose up trim applied flies in a nose up attitude - but - the tabs are deflected downward in the external view.
    you can see it in the second image I posted above... landing gear extended, flaps full down and nose up trim applied - but - the tabs are full down on the elevator - that would lift the tail and cause extreme nose DOWN flight but as you can see I have the elevators neutral - letting the trim handle the approach attitude

airflow over the elevator trim tab in the down position forces the upward deflection of the elevator itself, which increases the upward pitch of the nose and vice versa. If the elevator trim tab was in the up position airflow would force the elevator down, resulting in a downward pitch. This visual effect can be observed on most any model with animated trim tabs. seems counter intuitive given the inputs one makes on their controller, but it works the same way with real aircraft. Maybe not a bug?

Members who have read this thread: 3