Phantom F-4K Milviz paint WIP

Thread: Phantom F-4K Milviz paint WIP

Phantom F-4K Milviz paint WIP

Making slow progress on this. The detail and complexity makes matching it all up - shall we say - challenging

I'm going to try to finish it this week.....!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Very nice paint Dave!!!
    I will definitely download this one

I feel your "challenge"' Dave. Beautiful work.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Dave...that looks great. Got any plans to do that one with the yellow bird on the fin? or has the hair loss with this one put you off

Matt

Looks great. I bet DaveB will be pleased, too.

Brian

Great paint Dave!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Looks great Dave!

I'll be picking that one up for sure!

dl

Very nice repaint!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    Looks great. I bet DaveB will be pleased, too.

Brian
    Indeed Brian.. I do love it very much. Unfortunately.. it's bitter-sweet as I'm not up to forking out 50bucks just to fly it. On that note.. all future screenshots of RN paints should be banned!!

ATB
    DaveB

That really dose look Sweet .. all that head banging will be well worth it

Just for DaveB.....

Go on Dave, you know you want it....

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Just for DaveB.....

Go on Dave, you know you want it....

DaveQ
    Put her on The Ark and he'll have your hand off.

Dave

You lot are really cruel sometimes

ATB
    DaveB

Posted today. Hope you like it.

DaveQ

PS I've struggled for two days on and off to get her safely aboard the Ark. When I did I missed the screenie!! But I did do it!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Posted today. Hope you like it.

DaveQ

PS I've struggled for two days on and off to get her safely aboard the Ark. When I did I missed the screenie!! But I did do it!
    Psst... Just slew it on there, Dave won't know!!

That's it.. you lot are all banned!

Give me a break fellas. In the last few days, I've bought the Aerosoft F3, A2A/AF P-51H, Virtavia Osprey and Virtavia Havoc (granted.. the last 2 in a sale). Had the Beech 10A had a BOAC paint.. I'd probably have bought that too. Thank god it didn't!
    ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    How's the used Triumph Triple market in the UK, Dave? Just sayin' ....

For what it's worth, while I do have it, and certainly will throw Dave's lovely Navy paint on it, between the quirkiness of the SAS, the tricky nature of the faster carrier landing speed than would have been present on a real J, and a bit of a heavy performance hit, I can't say I'm spending the kind of time on it I thought I would. Not quite at buyers' regret, but almost. Coupled with the time commitment required on the F-4B beta, and the Iris K flying perfectly now on my pc, I'm getting my F-4 itch scratched more than adequately. I'm hoping I'll get more excited about it - but just not right now. Maybe if/when the S comes out, which in hindsight, would have been the better one to hold out for.

dl

Thanks for that DL

I've a similar feeling about the F3.. already. It's not so bad in zero weather but I flew it tonight with live weather and it felt like I'd lost a wing

Nice as this paint looks.. if I'm gonna spend some hard earned on a Phantom.. it's gonna have to be a K/FG/FGA. Milviz models push my rig (especially the F-15 and Bell 407.. the 530 gives a BEX error) so the wrong model with the right paint isn't a consideration.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thanks for that DL

I've a similar feeling about the F3.. already. It's not so bad in zero weather but I flew it tonight with live weather and it felt like I'd lost a wing

Nice as this paint looks.. if I'm gonna spend some hard earned on a Phantom.. it's gonna have to be a K/FG/FGA. Milviz models push my rig (especially the F-15 and Bell 407.. the 530 gives a BEX error) so the wrong model with the right paint isn't a consideration.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Try landing the Lightning in a 20-knot crosswind.
    That's when you discover what shirt tails are for.....

Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thanks for that DL

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave, if yourusing ASN, try turning the cloud turbulence down in the setting, it feels forto strong to be realistic to me, default is 7, I set mine to 3. Makes a hugedifference.

Ian

Hi Ian/Dave

Yep.. I use ASN so will take a look at that setting. I'd parked up at Marham and sat waiting for a Victor to takeoff so I could take a few screenies behind it. In true Lightning fashion.. I needed fuel by the time the Victor took off!! Anyhow.. it did and I got in the air to follow it. NO WAY could I keep it stable enough to have prodded. At times.. it did actually feel like I'd lost a wing! I've noticed the Aerosoft F14 gets bounced around like it's a toy too with live weather. Time for a fiddle me thinks!! Thanks for the pointer
    ATB
    DaveB

Don't know if you use Accu-Feel, but that can have an effect as well.

Sorry for the OT. The F4 paint looks superb.

Hi Dave (apologies for the further diversion)

AccuFeel isn't installed Dave. However.. I looked into the ASN settings and found Turbulence effect (in the Wind Section) was at 7 so I pulled that back to 3 as advised. In the Cloud section.. Cloud Turbulence defaults to 100% and I left it at that. The difference 7 to 3 makes is the difference between flying a Lightning with 1 wing and one with 2!! I get a sneaking feeling this may have to be selected each time I load ASN though. We shall see.

Great Tip Ian.. VMT
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0