Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP) - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP)

You're killin' me, Rick....

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    MV F-100D FW-236 gets some elbow grease. (WIP)

In case it gets lost on previous page....bump.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

These are really nice screenshots, Rick. Thanks for sharing.

How much longer is this going to be a WIP?? It would be nice if someone would start sharing a little more information on this forthcoming product.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

With each aircraft MV is pushing boundnaries. IMHO this will be one of the finest aircraft packages to be released for FS. I just tested a revised FDE with refined envelope characteristics. I wont talk about what is included but i and another tester were very impressed. Study. Find a manual online and read it. I cant really say much more because of NDA and i dont speak officially for MV, nor would i want to. It's Colin's company and Kat will give you the low down at some point. If you like the phantom you'll like the HUN. Theres so much that goes on behind the scenes that i wish you could be privvy to. MV really does strive for excellence. So many times were so close and Colin will say we have to get it precise as we can. The other guys who are devs are so talented and take all our sometimes repetitive bugs and feature issues and really come through with geound breaking solutions. So while i Haven't really said anything about the HUN I hope you can appreciate the dedication they have to this niche craft. MV is craftsman quality mixed with engineering precision.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    With each aircraft MV is pushing boundnaries. IMHO this will be one of the finest aircraft packages to be released for FS. I just tested a revised FDE with refined envelope characteristics. I wont talk about what is included but i and another tester were very impressed. Study. Find a manual online and read it. I cant really say much more because of NDA and i dont speak officially for MV, nor would i want to. It's Colin's company and Kat will give you the low down at some point. If you like the phantom you'll like the HUN. Theres so much that goes on behind the scenes that i wish you could be privvy to. MV really does strive for excellence. So many times were so close and Colin will say we have to get it precise as we can. The other guys who are devs are so talented and take all our sometimes repetitive bugs and feature issues and really come through with geound breaking solutions. So while i Haven't really said anything about the HUN I hope you can appreciate the dedication they have to this niche craft. MV is craftsman quality mixed with engineering precision.
    This is why I am happy to give milviz my money any day of the week. They are like you say truly pushing boundaries and wont release until perfect, unlike other payware developers who will release with basic gauges not even functioning correctly. Price difference aside, every milviz product is worth the coin!

Decided to add some custom ferry tanks last night.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Nice job!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks great!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Falcon you are so right about the crew chiefs, they maintained their aircraft to the best of their ability and guarded them jealously. My experience was with F-4Cs at Luke AFB but we had one crew chief, a SSgt, who, when everything had been done on his bird to bring it to its highest state of readiness, actually found a rag and some hydraulic fluid and went over the entire bottom of the aircraft, to include the drop tanks, with that rag soaked with fluid. He put a fine sheen on the bottom of the entire bird, over that white paint; when his aircraft returned from wherever it was taken by its crew, it stood out from all its mates in the air as it entered the break over the runway and displayed that glistening underside. These guys were as much consummate professionals as the aircrew were.

BTW one of them, a TSgt who had cut his teeth on F-86s, told me a good place to sneak into for a quick nap was the F-100's intake.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
    This is why I am happy to give milviz my money any day of the week. They are like you say truly pushing boundaries and wont release until perfect, unlike other payware developers who will release with basic gauges not even functioning correctly. Price difference aside, every milviz product is worth the coin!
    I totally agree!

Those first few shots are absolutely gorgeous! MV has done a beautiful job of capturing the shape and look of this beautiful aircraft. Congrats!

Thanks guys. MV is really doing this one justice.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

BTW. Please notice that the product page for F-100D Super Sabre is online* from now.

http://milviz.com/flight/products/F100D/index.php

*model has on this webpage status "coming soon".

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hope there will be some UK based F-100s in this pack.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    BTW. Please notice that the product page for F-100D Super Sabre is online* from now.

http://milviz.com/flight/products/F100D/index.php

*model has on this webpage status "coming soon".
    Some of those screen shots are stunning. Can this possibly top the F-86?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Some of those screen shots are stunning. Can this possibly top the F-86?
    These words in your mouth is a great pleasure (You are the great screenshoter also!) !

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    Hope there will be some UK based F-100s in this pack.

The link for the paintkit is on the product page (coming soon too).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    These words in your mouth is a great pleasure (You are the great screenshoter also!) !

The link for the paintkit is on the product page (coming soon too).

Ellsworth AFB, late 1950's, my mother and I witnessed the T-Birds in F100s. My ears still hurt from the low passes over the crowd. I think we actually ducked. At the end of the show the jets pulled right up to us and the ground crew folded up that nose antenna. No photos, only fond memories.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

No offense meant to the Air Guard repaints that are currently shown as a part of the initial release but... I'd like to offer up my thoughts for representative Guard units that flew the "Hun" as a part of the Vietnam conflict and served their country respectably, and with Honor.

1968, in the wake of the "U.S.S. Pueblo Incident," Six Air Force Air National Guard units were "Federalized" and ordered onto Active-Duty. 2 went to South Korea, and the other 4 units ended up being deployed to Vietnam for year long tours as part of the build up after the "Tet Offensive." The first Guard unit to arrive in Southeast Asia was the 120th Tactical Fighter Squadron of the Colorado Air National Guard. (Cougars) Soon followed by the 136th TFS, New York Air Guard, (Fuzzy) the 174th TFS of the Iowa Air National Guard, (The Bats) and the 188th TFS of the New Mexico ANG. (The Enchilada Air Force). These units flew a total 24,124 Combat Sorties and accumulated 38,614 hours of combat flying. 6 Guard Pilots were Killed in Action (1-CO, 1-IA, 3-NM, 1-NY) and 8 Guard Pilots volunteered for the "Misty" Fast-FAC program. The Guard squadrons outperformed their active duty counterparts in every Wing they were attached to. Their professionalism set the bar high and showed that "Weekend Warriors" could maintain the same standards as active duty squadrons. They paved the way for how you see todays Air Guard units deployed to augment Active duty forces in combat currently. Would be great to seeColorado, Iowa, New York and New Mexico Air Guard honored with repaints of this most anticipated addition to the FS world! The Super Sabre may be viewed historically as our "First" Supersonic Fighter. But it's combat record as a Close Air Support Fighter in Vietnam is its lasting Legacy.

Note: There were also members of the other two squadrons, the 119th TFS, New Jersey, and the 121st TFS Washington D.C. ANG, that became a part of a composite Squadron that served at Phu Cat TDY after they finished their primary call-up mission.

By the way.... I can't wait to purchase and fly this one!!! First the T-38, then the Phantom, and now the F-100...My very favorite AF Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    By the way.... I can't wait to purchase and fly this one!!! First the T-38, then the Phantom, and now the F-100...My very favorite AF Jets!
    Same here. They really do produce excellent models of some of my all time favourite aircraft.

I always loved the shape of the Phantom, and it was the first jet I saw flying at my first airshow, so I was really excited when that was released.

Now if they would just do an F-117 (waits for the jeers ) and F-111 ( I already have four payware and many more freeware F-111s, but I would still buy a Milviz version).

The F-100D looks spectacular.

Cheers,

Hi.

Please remove this video.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi.

Please remove this video.

Thank you.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

The long wait for a good FSX Hun is over, you can get it from the Milviz store now and it is awesome

Congrats to Milviz for finally releasing a long awaited and much anticipated Aircraft. . .The F-100 Super Saber.

Members who have read this thread: 1