Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP)
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP)

Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP)

A few Progress shots of the Factory/Unaccepted USAF bird. No serial, or other unit markings yet. You'll notice mixed pylon loading ...and that's all I can say. Happy viewing!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

WOW!!! The texture in these pics is the best yet. I stand all amazed.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Ditto!!
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Love it, even though the front intake reminds me of a Grouper.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Ditto!!
    I'll second that.

That's one that will be in my hangar!

Cees

Does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost. Seen the Phantom costs quite a bit.

looking very nice indeed!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Love it, even though the front intake reminds me of a Grouper.
    That or Jar Jar Binks lol

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Looks fantastic, always enjoy a Milviz Warbird.

I remember a post from someone at Milviz a while back (in fact, I'm pretty sure it was you, Rick, but can't say for certain) that eventually the F-86's model would be altered in a way to allow for shiny paints. Is something that is still planned? Thanks.

Great WIP shots :-) Go easy on the normal maps :-)

Best regards Dag

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic!

I'm getting Metalated here

Please, flush rivets, not divets.

Is there still room for the pilot to move his family in?

Dave

This looks awesome. I continue to dream of flying this bird.

However, if you are going to depict a factory new bird, or highly polished new bird, then perhaps you should back off the weathered burner cans just a little. See here for an actual picture.

Blog Entries
    Great....Now i have to build another hanger!!!!!.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

@ ejoiner...

It's still WIP...however I have already actually removed the engine weathering for the most part. trying to get the coloring right now. I have that photo as well as some others published via Boeing archive images. As far as the "divets" are concerned, I'm still playing round with the fresnel ramp which in this case is very much pronouncing the bump map. I can make it so that the skin looks completely flush but I'll need to adjust the diffuse alpha which is not a problem either...it all takes time and also experimentation But the HUN is a beauty!

Out of curiosity...I believe those in the photos are F-100A or C? the D has a larger wing and refueling probe...not that that affects the texturing....it's a great photo. One th I ng I've noticed is that Many photos are hard to come by of this bord. This and the FJ4 Fury are probably the most elusive fighters to find good and varied photos of!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Lookin' good Rick! Don't forget 'U.S. AIR FORCE' and 'USAF' are Insignia Blue, not black!!

DaveQ

PS You were right, they're F-100C's, some of the last built before production switched to the -D.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Also remember, don't go all out on the natural metal. Most F-100Ds were painted aluminium polyurethane on all but the aft section before getting camouflage. A medium grey diffuse colour combined with a specular map with rather fine noise should give it a metallic look.

Best
    Dag

Good to see the work progressing. I hope the flight model is coming along nicely too, I have a clean set of kaks all ready. Sabre dance, anyone?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Ok, I've done custom bump maps for the fuselage, still need slight fixing but 99% done. Also a custom fresnel ramp. You can really see the difference between the first set of screenshots and this set. I've also refined the speculars and alphas more as well, to play nicely with the new bumps. Looks alot more like aircraft aluminum now IMO. Nice wide mouth bass in the last pic...hehe still working on the engine area...much harder that it looks to get right....

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0