Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP) - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP)

Outstanding Rick!! :-)

Best regards Dag

Looking much better, I specially like the new bump maps

The skin looks much less like (rectangular) fish scales now but I'm nervous being so near that gaping mouth... makes me feel like a dragonfly... gulp.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

What's that face in the texture of the droptank?
    Oh wait, it's me, staring at this marvallous model/texture
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Thabks all. MV made a pretty good paint kit. Very detailed. Their original texture artist is a real master. The bumps are coming along...just trying to eliminate some residual pixelation and they should be ready to go for use in future work.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

This big brute just keeps looking better and better. Cant wait for it.

Eric

95% there...I don't really call this a paint job...more like lack of paint...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Love the second shot Rick

ATB
    DaveB

This bare metal work is simply stunning. I am looking forward to flying this one "nekkid" as show here! (not me...the plane. thank GOD!)

Seems almost shameful to put squadron paint on such a great bare metal scheme.

Really getting a bad case of the "I want its" with this one.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Seems almost shameful to put squadron paint on such a great bare metal scheme.

Eric
    Yes, but just think about all the really colourful schemes this bird has worn over the years.

Dave

*GASP* that is beee-yuteefull, Rick!
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    95% there...I don't really call this a paint job...more like lack of paint...

and a beast too... with some teeth!

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

99% done with this one...just a few more small adjustments

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Good looking bird!
    We had some great support from the old Hun back in SEA.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Some stupid questions...

Beautiful shots. Beautiful paints.

Are these going to be part of the release or addons? Is there any update on the release status (top secret, I know, but had to ask).
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

it certainly looks good!
    One little thing though: the rear of the fuselage seems to have a slightly different color. Is that due to the engine heat?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    it certainly looks good!
    One little thing though: the rear of the fuselage seems to have a slightly different color. Is that due to the engine heat?
    Yes it is due to engine heat. Also as the aircraft became more and more "broken in", that break between the forward fuselage and the engine portion became slightly less obvious. . .being even more evident when they went to SEA Camo and the heat would affect the paint in that area.

@jankees, what falcon said! he beat me to it...

@Warhorse, so just to clarify my role with MV...I've bwen a long time beta tester. I obviously have access to the paint kit, and I've been working on some skins for it. whether or not the Big Cheese decides to include them is up to him! As far as an actual update goes, Kat from MV frequents these threads. I don't generally comment on behalf of MV so as not to mistakenly infer expectations beyond what has been officially disclosed or what you can see from these screens. I always ask Colin prior to starting a thread regarding aircraft in beta for permission to post screens....and I should add again...it's all WIP.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

It would be "stupid" of MV NOT to include them, they look great Rick, sure as basic scheme for a lot of repaints.
    Hopefully you won't forget the exhaust?? ( just a minor observation.... )

Do you happen to know if MV will also include the later J57 exhausts, the surplus J57's of the F-102?

Cheers,
    Hank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10446063_798940950167932_675904658844782756_o.jpg   11894603_981404325254926_4293007817257553776_o.jpg  

Exhaust petals is part of the 1% Very easy fix. Thanks Hank. These are left over from completely redoing the alpha to play nice with the bump maps. Although it will be used with the Tbird scheme I'm doing...that's been posted over in the P3D forum a while back.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Ah for a Thud done to the same standard....

just found out that the man who stood up from my dad back in 1957,worked on engines in the F-100...i always find it insterresting to learn that a man (or woman) ive known all my life,did things i had no idea about.

Members who have read this thread: 1