FSX Hunting Percival Pembroke released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX Hunting Percival Pembroke released!

Penz,
    It quite clearly states that ALL aircraft on the props download page are for FSX Only!
    You must have missed that!

Lol sorry Rob, I guess I was mislead by the beautiful P3Dv3 screenshots of the Pembroke on your front page. :P

And it's really no issue at all, it's the price I pay for being an early adopter. Thanks again.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Penz,
    It quite clearly states that ALL aircraft on the props download page are for FSX Only!
    You must have missed that!
    I don't know Rob, breaking your own EULA!
    Great looking model, though, well done.

Rob, thanks so much for another fine creation. Cheers ! Mike

After the Alouette another one from my past in the Royal Dutch Air Force. I had never heard of this aircraft until the RAF started an scheduled flight between the UK and Germany. I was working at the first airfield they could land on after they had crossed the North Sea from the UK, or the last airfield before they had to cross the North Sea when they came back from Germany.

It didn't speak for the performance of this aircraft that we soon knew several RAF crews......

Thanks for this great model, it brought back some precious memories!

Cheers,
    Huub

Love this Pembroke
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Just uploaded to BritSim(available now) and FlightSim.com(should be available tomorrow). First repaint for Rob's Pembroke. A CAFU machine which will complement the Chipmunk and the two DH125 paints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18670262.jpg  

Nice paintjob Peter.

I went ahead and downloaded it from BritSim.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Nice paintjob Peter.

I went ahead and downloaded it from BritSim.
    Thanks, Manfred.
    Quite a few in progress - several RAF in various schemes, Danish military and civil, Swedish military, Sudan military, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine, Belgian military, and another British civil example!

Cheers, Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Thanks, Manfred.
    Quite a few in progress - several RAF in various schemes, Danish military and civil, Swedish military, Sudan military, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine, Belgian military, and another British civil example!

Cheers, Peter W
    Both military and civilian Danish - thank you Sir!

The civilian Danish one, is that OY-AVA?

- JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Great looking paint Peter but there seems to some differences between Rob's layout of texture sheets pem_5.dds and pem_6.dds and yours. I wonder if Rob made some later changes?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Great looking paint Peter but there seems to some differences between Rob's layout of texture sheets pem_5.dds and pem_6.dds and yours. I wonder if Rob made some later changes?
    Don't think there were any late changes Roger, what are the differences?

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Don't think there were any late changes Roger, what are the differences?
    Hi Rob, pem_6 lacks all the cockpit detail in Peter's texture and in pem_5 the layout seems different to yours.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Rob, pem_6 lacks all the cockpit detail in Peter's texture and in pem_5 the layout seems different to yours.
    I saw that too and the result is missing textures in parts of the VC.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here are the amended textures, pem_5 and pem_6

~https://www.sendspace.com/file/uabcti

RobR

Many thanks Rob
    SYSTEM :

Kinnda Liked This Paint....as Once I Had worked on this plane...Thnx for this Great model..

Hi Guys,
    Sorry about the two texture file errors. I have corrected and uploaded an update to BritSim and FlightSim.com. Future paints will be correct. Thanks for your upload efforts here Rob!
    To answer a couple of points - yes the Danish civil paint will be OY-AVA and I will attempt the Belgian scheme once I have details of all the relevant stencil markings!
    On that note, I have not issued the RAF paints yet because I do not have sufficient detailed pics of the RAF stencil markings - I am in fact going to visit RAF Cosford on Saturday 10th to take some detailed pics of their example.

cheers, Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post

Many thanks! Our Pembroke got herself even into a stamp.
    At the risk of being labelled a pedant (!) that is actually a Survey Prince, not a Pembroke. The Princes are readily identified by their greater wingspan, which also altered their flight dynamics. The Survey Prince had a glazed nose and hinged "trap doors" in the floor for the vertical survey cameras (typically 9x9" large format). The Sea Prince carried a radar and had hardpoints on the wings for practice sonobouys, for Observer training.

Which reminds me Rob, will you also be making Princes, for instance the Sea Prince (with dropable sonobouys via TacPack) and Survey Prince? How about the President too (VIP transport)? PM for details if needed.

All the best

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    At the risk of being labelled a pedant (!) that is actually a Survey Prince, not a Pembroke. The Princes are readily identified by their greater wingspan, which also altered their flight dynamics. The Survey Prince had a glazed nose and hinged "trap doors" in the floor for the vertical survey cameras (typically 9x9" large format). The Sea Prince carried a radar and had hardpoints on the wings for practice sonobouys, for Observer training.

Which reminds me Rob, will you also be making Princes, for instance the Sea Prince (with dropable sonobouys via TacPack) and Survey Prince? How about the President too (VIP transport)? PM for details if needed.

All the best

Andy
    Hi Andy,
    I think you will find that the Prince(Survey and Sea) had a wingspan of 56 feet and the Pembroke had 64 feet 6 inches. The two Finnish aircraft were Pembroke C53's with a glass nose, which is why I will not be painting one! I believe Rob intends to do a short-winged version, so I will be able to paint Sea Prince T1/C2 and civil Princes. Whether we can persuade Rob to make a short-nosed Prince is in the lap of the Gods! Would be nice, though.

cheers, Peter W

Doh, I clearly got the wingspans the wrong way round! The point still stands regarding differing dynamics tho.

Regarding the stamp, good point, the Fins had C53s, not Survey Princes. Come to think of it Survey Princes also had more glazing in the nose, more like a bomber nose! It was the doors under the fuselage that made me think of the Survey Prince. I guess all C (and PR) models destined for aerial survey had the camera doors from the Survey Prince?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Work in progress OY-AVA. Now have the RAF stencil info following my visit to RAF Cosford so will crack on with those RAF paints.
    Cheers, Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14153331.jpg  

First RAF paint. WV746, the example preserved at RAF Cosford. Available now at BritSim and later today at FlightSim.com.

cheers, Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4903595.jpg  

Second RAF paint. XF796 of No 81 Squadron when based at RAF Seletar, Singapore. Available at BritSim now, probably later today at FlightSim.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2906844.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2