DCS Flash Sale

Thread: DCS Flash Sale

DCS Flash Sale

Looks like the dedicated DCS forum is extremely quiet, so I'll cross-post here. There is a short-notice "flash sale" going on for the modules from now until I believe the 7th:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

I don't understand why DCS hasn't got a higher profile here given the high ex-military folks we have.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Maybe it's too challenging? I do love it, but I enjoy the older stuff more, and the current map, with its modern ground forces, isn't set up for flying the older stuff. I bought the Sabre in a previous sale, but haven't even flown it yet.

Bought the MiG-15 and the two German fighters in this sale. Time to learn DCS and really get into this sim now. The new maps and EDGE look like they might actually come out in the not too distant future.

Anyone know of a good group that flies DCS and would train a noob like me?

I have DCS World and a couple of additional aircraft for it. No idea as to why it isn't more popular here...especially with all the tack pac discussion here.
    Combat is built right in to DCS
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I just bought into this DCS World thing !

I've always wanted a good combat sim and I have the Tack Pac & F-18E from VRS but that thing is way over my head, well I mean time wise.
    With FSX at War coming to fruition and there seems little incentive for FSX developers to add this capability to their products.

We all want to blow stuff up from time to time and not just fly around in some damn good oldies, G.A. and " Tubers" all the time.

So I d/l all [7] of those base files and had a lot of trouble too ! Incomplete d/l , time-outs, "Internet has stopped working", .... also said something about one of the [7] files could not be found.... on and on .... ALL day long.

Anyways, I finally got an account created after goofing that up a time or two.

I went crazy and got $95.93 worth of stuff... and guess what happened then .... da Boss was on her laptop upstairs and got a "Fraud Alert" from the C.C. company ..... .... [I had sum 'plaining to do in the best Ricky Ricardo accent]

I had to leave out those good ol' choppers " Huey & Mi 8 " ..... did get Flaming Cliffs and Combined Arms ..... [8] in all.

... prolly not gonna live another [8] when she gets through with me , see ya fellas !

Well here it is ... the Sun is about to come up 'round here and I'm alive .... at the last couple heart beats anyway ....

I still have not received any emails with the registration or d/l links from those folks.
    I'm sure it's about 12:00 noon over there .... do they take off for Labor Day also ? ....... Oh, only in Siberia & it's a permanent Labor Day I guess .

Well I'll fool around with it some and learn the base controls/commands of the Base game and then I'll get the links to d/l all that stuff I bought.

I also left off those little trainer jets & that fine Mig-21 was still FULL price, but for 70 % off who could resist?

Hi FlameOut, you can access your download links and serial keys just going in DCS site and logging in with your account. All information needed will be there. Good Luck!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Hey, thanks flaviossa, that is what I was beginning to suspect.

She's had me vacuuming, doing the dishes, without that apron thank goodness, fertilizing the yard, and even had me over at the local mall ... LABOR DAY SALES EVENT ... to get "fitted" for a sport jacket, [2] new pair of pants, and some new shoes .... Jeez ... but it is all for baby girls' senior H.S. walkout next month.

Today I've only had time to do some FSX with the REX Soft Clouds and the ORBX Open LC Europe that I also got on this holiday sales event.

It took me a while to get used to the DCS way of paying. D/L first, install, then serial no. The software is first rate however. This system looks very strong for the future.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I have DCS and the flaming cliffs addon but never really dug into it. I also flew the free Mustang and enjoyed it. My problem was the very limited map to fly into. It has the action and the shooting but in FSX/P3D we have the whole world.

New maps are coming to DCS though. And some aircraft modules will even come with their own maps/theaters.

Members who have read this thread: 0