have an alternate DP for IJN I-8?

Thread: have an alternate DP for IJN I-8?

have an alternate DP for IJN I-8?

Putting together my CVE campaign missions(Forager) and several missions are ASW patrols. IJN I-8 seems like best non I-400 boat have been able to find for IJN sub.Problem is the AA guns even at rookie are far too accurate and whatever are packing sets my TBF on fire like it is a ZERO lol.Anyone have an alternate one of willing to tone it down? Thanks.

Icon9 Reply...

Dasuto247,

Unfortunately, no. I checked Pen32Win's ship .dp files, and it was one of the ones he did not do.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

This I-8 model is setup with two 13 mm cannon (should be 25mm's) that have a high rate of fire (0.15), but moderate damage dice and velocity. Your problem is most likely the combined effect of the high ROF and/or the 75 degree vertical swivel limit on all guns including the big hoss 14 cm blaster. I would suggest lowering the vertical swivel limits to 30 or 45 degrees and lowering the ROF to something in the range of 0.20 to 0.30. You should also decrease the tracer percentage a bit from 50% to something like 30% - 40%.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hi Dasuto

Hi Dasuto
    I have attached two DP files for the I8 sub.
    The first one has 2 x 25mm and 2 x 13mm as well as the 140mm gun.
    The latter is probably an anti-ship weapon.
    The second file has the 140mm gun removed.
    I cannot seem to be able open any of MAS's files in model converter X so I am not sure where the guns are located, and have only guessed from the limited pictures of IJN subs
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    This I-8 model is setup with two 13 mm cannon (should be 25mm's) that have a high rate of fire (0.15), but moderate damage dice and velocity. Your problem is most likely the combined effect of the high ROF and/or the 75 degree vertical swivel limit on all guns including the big hoss 14 cm blaster. I would suggest lowering the vertical swivel limits to 30 or 45 degrees and lowering the ROF to something in the range of 0.20 to 0.30. You should also decrease the tracer percentage a bit from 50% to something like 30% - 40%.
    Thanks.I fooled with it a bit, the 13mm were still accurate but with the "big hoss" toned down it was not impossible as before.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi Dasuto
    I have attached two DP files for the I8 sub.
    The first one has 2 x 25mm and 2 x 13mm as well as the 140mm gun.
    The latter is probably an anti-ship weapon.
    The second file has the 140mm gun removed.
    I cannot seem to be able open any of MAS's files in model converter X so I am not sure where the guns are located, and have only guessed from the limited pictures of IJN subs
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Thanks, will give it a try soon. The 140 MM was the big problem I found through my own adjustments.I nerfed it and 25 and 13 MM were still sharpshooters but did not set me on fire every time I glided in to drop charges as the 140 did.

Members who have read this thread: 0