free hangers and buildings?

Thread: free hangers and buildings?

free hangers and buildings?

hello People!!

I have a dream of owning Empire Nevada,ha..its an abandoned mining town.the mine seems to be open and working,but the town (housing?) seems empty and over run.it has two gravel runways,a fairly long one and a short one.id love to put a hanger,like an old structure,or even a few of them,and a small cabin like house near the longest runway.i dont have the talent to build anything for the sim,are there any out there to add to my simulator?,and would afcad(?) work to place them?..or would something else be needed?

Download the Return to Misty Moorings consolidated object libraries. Use a objectplacer program (freeware or payware) and build anything you like. No need for designing, but all you need to build Empire Nevada! For AFCAD use an airport editor such as ADE.
    Anneke

There are a ton of options for hangar and building resources, several library files available at Avsim. I'm trying to think of some of the authors, it's been awhile.

Another resource is the OZx library available at aussiex.org.

And so long as you don't tell anyone, you can always use objects out of the FTX library if you happen to have that installed. They go to great lengths to tell you that using their objects (even for your own personal use) is against their terms of service, however.

I'd recommend Instant Scenery 3 for object placement. Makes things very simple and easy.
    Jim Stewart

Is the "airport" at Empire, NV (1A8) (pop. 217) included in FSX? If not, you'll need an airport design program like ADE.

Update: Yes, it's in FSX, but really barren. A nice scenery challenge, @Daveroo! Let us know when you have something to show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_Airport_(Nevada)
    Last edited by jschall; September 4th, 2015 at 05:24.

here is what it looks like.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire,NV.jpg   Ghost-Town-of-Empire-Nevada.jpg   Kluft-photo-Empire-Airport-Jun-2006-Img_6036.jpg   Empire,NV 2.jpg  

Looks like a nice place to live! Those are probably portable/mobile houses, and that's gypsum waiting to be mined.

I used Instant Scenery to add some life to the place.

Members who have read this thread: 0