Little Em
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Em

Little Em

I know from experience that the posts myself and a few other non-professionals do for scenery are ignored for the most part and I've just accepted that this stuff is boring to most, but every once in a while I decide to post anyway and this is one of those times. Members who have flown in this area before might recognize the landmarks. . .it was a popular gathering spot in the FS9 days but then a much anticipated FSX update fizzled and the area fell victim to the weather and new tree growth and before long it was gone completely.

This is not intended to be a duplicate of the original (although I am keeping the original ICAO code "KEWL"), rather it will be a stopover point while enjoying the Cascades, Cushman Lake and other sights along the Hood Canal. All buildings will be custom and the layout of the parking and hangars will be different based on the ground texture.

Autogen will be adjusted for ease of landing and thus far I have successfully landed and departed in the Cessna 310, the DHC6 400 Twin Turbo and the F7F Tigercat.

Icon22

Looking good . Lost your SMA sponsor's phone number like it did I see.. I shall look forward to your completed project.

RD

I learned about Emma Field AFTER I moved on to FSX, so I never got to experience it. So I, for one, will be looking forward to this. Thanks Falcon!

Regards,
    Michael

Hell off a spot for a Multi-play fly in

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I know from experience that the posts myself and a few other non-professionals do for scenery are ignored for the most part and I've just accepted that this stuff is boring to most, but every once in a while I decide to post anyway and this is one of those times. Members who have flown in this area before might recognize the landmarks. . .it was a popular gathering spot in the FS9 days but then a much anticipated FSX update fizzled and the area fell victim to the weather and new tree growth and before long it was gone completely.

This is not intended to be a duplicate of the original (although I am keeping the original ICAO code "KEWL"), rather it will be a stopover point while enjoying the Cascades, Cushman Lake and other sights along the Hood Canal. All buildings will be custom and the layout of the parking and hangars will be different based on the ground texture.

Autogen will be adjusted for ease of landing and thus far I have successfully landed and departed in the Cessna 310, the DHC6 400 Twin Turbo and the F7F Tigercat.
    Man, I seriously miss those georender airfields. Emma field was one I loved. I'd appreciate having this one even if its a shadow of its former self!

Eric

All I can say is "Bless you, Sir"

Glenn

Very nice work! I'll have to dust off the Edgley Optica for some sightseeing.

Cheers, Dave.

That looks phantastic, Ed!

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Ed how can you say that your scenery work is boring! It's not period
    Especially Emma! How can we forget that little airfield. It was my home field for several years of simming. Would love to land there again
    Anneke

Blog Entries
    Ed I use every scenery work you have ever done...never boring sir!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post
    I learned about Emma Field AFTER I moved on to FSX, so I never got to experience it. So I, for one, will be looking forward to this. Thanks Falcon!

Regards,
    Michael
    I am in the same situation.
    Looking forward to your next updates, Falcon !

Looks great Ed!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I know from experience that the posts myself and a few other non-professionals do for scenery are ignored for the most part and I've just accepted that this stuff is boring to most
    Well I can't speak for everyone, but I feel I've gotta speak up and say I for one enjoy the scenery work you do. This airfield is no different. I'm really looking forward to it. Keep developing and keep posting!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Ed I use every scenery work you have ever done...never boring sir!!!
    Ted
    And I will double down on on this quote. Your Sbuilder tutorials are also a mainstay in the hobby.

Joe

Ed, I recently went to FSX and that's the kind of scenery I like. And you've done more of this fine work?? Man, I need to get out more....
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I always enjoyed your scenery, Ed. Your NY Catskills airports are tops in my book - great playgrounds for some A2A Cub flights in the autumn.

I'm sure this Emma Field tribute will be a keeper as well. Thanks for sharing your efforts with the community.
    -Mark

Here are a few WIP shots of one small Maintenance Hangar and the Clubhouse. I have two other Hangars to build and then the fun of texturing begins. ClubHouse will be redwood with corrugated metal roof and the hangars will be a combination of Corrugated metal and wood.

Lovely !!
    Are you planning to add a few "grass" elements like in the OrbX sceneries ? I know OrbX forbids us to use the objects from their libraries, even for freeware sceneries (how dumb is that...) but I believe there are some standard freeware libraries with similar objects, aren't there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Lovely!!
    Are you planning to add a few "grass" elements like in the OrbX sceneries? I know OrbX forbids us to use the objects from their libraries, even for freeware sceneries (how dumb is that...) but I believe there are some standard freeware libraries with similar objects, aren't there?
    Yea, I have enough "grass" to sprinkle around the area and along the runways and taxiways. . .and yes, it isn't surprising that Orbx would take such a position given JV's temperament.

Taking shape with some texturing in the works:

Taking shape with some texturing in the works:
    Continuing to look really good. Are you using standard SketchUp textures? Oh! "Steve" on the front porch is a nice touch. Are you going to leave him there ?

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Continuing to look really good. Are you using standard SketchUp textures? Oh! "Steve" on the front porch is a nice touch. Are you going to leave him there ?

RD
    The textures are from a huge stash of textures I've accumulated from other projects. Yea Steve is actually good reference for size and he does look at home there doesn't he? lol

The textures are from a huge stash of textures I've accumulated from other projects. Yea Steve is actually good reference for size and he does look at home there doesn't he? lol
    I expect if one could see inside some of my "closed" hanger projects, they would find "Steve" lurking about.... My organization skills are so bad that I usually just start a new project by trolling the web for the textures that I want to use. I find a lot of the time that when I download them, I get xxxxxxx(2) sometimes ......(3) as I already have multiple copies of that texture somewhere.

RD

These are mostly complete. . .two more hangars to finish and then begin the placement.

I love photoreal textures

Members who have read this thread: 0