Bear Studios Sukhoi and Shenyang

Thread: Bear Studios Sukhoi and Shenyang

Bear Studios Sukhoi and Shenyang

Hi guys,

I bought the J15/Su33 2 days ago. http://www.justflight.com/product/be...-naval-flanker
    These planes are so difficult in flight systems, I cannot even get the autopilot work properly. The manual is… I will say not making it easy (er) to use this plane.
    BUT those planes are so real in flight systems, the plane handles great (if you guys have seen videos from real Su´s making air shows, you know what I mean). The plane flies exactly like this, in fsx. It is nearly impossible to stall. If you do so anyway, you can easily get it back. I never had a plane moving like this in fs2002, fs9 or fsx.

The flight model has not the „best“ textures but it matches with the rest of the plane. The VC and frame rates are smooth like with the default ultra light fsx thing.
    I am wondering why I nearly cannot find much experiences from ohter users. It looks like just a very small part owns this aircraft. On youtube you normally can find a tutorial for nearly every complex flight sim aircaft but not for the shenyang/su. (I would need a tutorial for this thing very much)
    Is there a special reason why? My opinion is, this aircraft is one of the best fighters if not the best russian fighter for fsx/p3d.

PS: If someone can explain how I get altitude hold with autopilot, I am very happy

Martin

sorry for misspelling I cannot edit my posts :/

I already gave up of these models (Bear Studio J15/Su33, J-11/Su 27 and Su 30)
    I cannot use properly the system or autopilot, also the manual don't help in anything.
    Also there are no any tutorial videos or good explanation in youtube or nowhere

I have this but I've only ever hand flown it. I had a quick look at the AP tonight and it needs more than a quick look!!! I did manage to engage HDG hold though!! There are 4 buttons partially hidden by the HUD and the upper RH one engages HDG. To control your heading.. there's an unlikely control on the top LH of the MFD but to be honest.. neither the card nor needles pointed in the direction I had selected. You may have to initiate the INS first. The manual is quite poor in this respect and the buttons not having tooltips/mouselook makes it difficult to understand what button you're pressing. I have the English panel too!! Selecting any of the ALT buttons on the AP had me heading for the ground.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    ATB
    DaveB

I am happy not to be the only person who has problems. I made some changes at the Su panel: I added the fs gps system. These days I will also try to add the fsx radio autopilot panel.
    I tried those changes with the shenyang panel, too. But for some reason this panel is not changeable. You allways get a CTD when you open a added window. Very strange. This 2 planes could be great if we had a good tutorial

I am now trying to get the "Mühle" working since 2 hours. If I had not disabled crashes, the damned plane went to hell about 20 times.
    Tried to ask a Bear Studios but they only have something on facebook. Of course I did not get an answer.

Now I asked just flight support what to do

I had the J-15 and the Su-30 for a while but barely used them. The 3D models are, for me, excellent. The exterior textures could be better but they are already doing quite a good job. But the internal textures (VC) are quite dissapointing. I loved the option to get english labels in the cockpit, but I never managed to use some of the functions.
    For example, I have never been able to disable the flight domain limiter on the Su-30. I saw the buttons, but they just had no effects at all.
    Then I switched to P3D but the performance was kind of terrible with these planes.
    I ended up uninstalling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I had the J-15 and the Su-30 for a while but barely used them. The 3D models are, for me, excellent. The exterior textures could be better but they are already doing quite a good job. But the internal textures (VC) are quite dissapointing. I loved the option to get english labels in the cockpit, but I never managed to use some of the functions.
    For example, I have never been able to disable the flight domain limiter on the Su-30. I saw the buttons, but they just had no effects at all.
    Then I switched to P3D but the performance was kind of terrible with these planes.
    I ended up uninstalling them.
    I got an answer from just flight support to write into the flight1/bear studios forum. There are so many unanswered posts, this is ridiculous.
    It is so damned hard to find a good addon for fsx. I said some weeks ago: I do not like cracked games and stuff. But I can understand that a few people use this stuff. I have no problem to spend some money in a product, I know it works and if not I get support like at Aerosoft, PMDG etc.
    But I have a big problem with spending money in crap. And there is too much crap on the market!!

Only a few people offer demo products for their stuff, like fsdreamteam. Most do not so and I know why....!!!

I see what you mean.
    From my side, I usually rely on feedbacks from users on forums before I decide to buy a product. Unfortunately, there was very few feedback on these Sukhois, and I desperately wanted them (I love the look of these jets), so I bought them anyways... and that was a kind of a mistake.

Of course, there are many interesting things in them. They are not "bad" addons. the behavior on ground and in the air is quite nice (as long as you don't try to fly it like a Flanker...), but there are also some drawbacks that killed the fun for me, that's all.

I tried it again for 2 hours and finally threw this crap out of my fsx and get a refund from just flight. I do not know what I should by instead. There is nothing I want anymore for fsx lol.
    If it is going on this way, I will quit flightsim again. My free time after work is too worthwhile to mess around with this game

If you just want to fly military Flightsim you can try DCS World
    English is not my native language, so please be generous if I write funny things :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0