Static corsairs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Static corsairs

Static corsairs

Does anybody know of or khow how to make a static Folded wing corsair i can use as deck traffic??? Doesn't have to be corsairs anything early 50's for use on the CG carriers and AI ships I'm working on a freeware F2H banshee model in Gmax but given i know naff all about GMax and even less about 3D modeling I'm not holding out too much hope

Cheers Hooky

Blog Entries
    You might want to PM Roger-wilco-66, I think he did a corsair with folded wings for his Solomons scenery.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Buy coincidence, this turn'd up in the library last night, may not be exactly what you want but he may have more ideas---

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ry-objects-zip

cheers ian

OOOOOOhh thank you gents that maybe just what I'm looking for I'll PM roger wilco and see what he says

Thanks again

Hooky

Does anybody know of or khow how to make a static Folded wing corsair i can use as deck traffic??? Doesn't have to be corsairs anything early 50's for use on the CG carriers and AI ships I'm working on a freeware F2H banshee model in Gmax but given i know naff all about GMax and even less about 3D modeling I'm not holding out too much hope
    Hooky, whatever it is you are up to, I wholeheartedly approve!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Anybody know how to add multiple ones and tie them to the same BGL\MDL file?

Blog Entries
    I usually just copy each and place them.
    I use ADEX for my airports.....

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    I usually just copy each and place them.
    I use ADEX for my airports.....
    Thanks trucker, but I'm afriad its no good MDLConverterX cant find any models in the BGL file I'm out of Ideas and time now I'm afraid. Really really wishing we had a tool for this there's more than enough call for one.

You can convert normal or AI aircraft models to static using the SAMM tool. There are options for animations like doors or folded wings. Always seek original creator's approval though if you intend to distribute. You need to do some reading before use of course.

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=SAMM&JS=TRUE

Thanks for the advice guys these are all very good ideas you see getting a model to show up in sim that's the easy part. The hard part is multiplying the models and positioning them together at a set height so they can stay on the flight deck As it's moving I can see how it's done bit I have no idea of the procedure or the tools used

There are all kinds of static corsairs in the Solomon 1943 package, see links below! Feel free to use them, but please assign new GUIDs to the models when you extract them out of the bgls and add them to another.

Cheers,
    Mark

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thank you Mark that is most kind of you I really appreciate it.

Hi All,

Well, I'm afraid I'm calling it a day on this one folks it seems the only way to do what I'm trying to do is to use gmax and since the FSX SDK's (THAT MEANS ANY OF THEM!!) Flatly refuse to install on my system there is no way of me importing anything from Gmax (not that I know the first thing about Gmax anyway) so that as they say is the end of that! Very sorry if I got anybody's hopes up but I don't have the time or patience for this atm. The only people that I know have pulled it off in the past are Lazarus and Warren (WombRaider78) so maybe they could help but that's the end of my pursuit into the Static modeling world!

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement,

Hooky722

OK so after I calmed down (And my blood pressure returned to normal levels!) I decided to give installing the SDK and this modeling malarkey one more try and after an arduous few hours I managed to get it to Install I have now sucessfully managed to create a static deckpark of F2H3's using the free Gmax source model by Gray Wolf downloaded from the fs freeware design site. Does anybody Know if Gray Wolf is still around because at present I don't have any texture files for this model and in the README he requests that he produce the texture files before publication? Currently I have colored the Materials in gmax but I would really like some markings and details added. Here's some screenies of what I have so far. I also don't know how to make the glass transparent or shiny yet.

Any advice welcome

Thanks,

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deckpark1.jpg   deckpark2.jpg  

Nice, good start IMHO! My advice would be: keep going!
    Do these models have any mapping? If so, you could swap some simple colors at a texture sheet and that would mean a simple but good start.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Hey, way to go Hooky!

Thats one big heard of Banjo's on deck - not sure in that config if you could launch or trap though . .

That Valley Forge ( your yellow number 45?) looks like the CFS2 boat by Colin converted by Lazerus and here at SOH. My fave Korea boat and aim to add Colin's WWII Intrepid skins to it for warbirds ops. Great effort and result on the statics!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Looking good Hooky.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Hey, way to go Hooky!

Thats one big heard of Banjo's on deck - not sure in that config if you could launch or trap though . .

That Valley Forge ( your yellow number 45?) looks like the CFS2 boat by Colin converted by Lazerus and here at SOH. My fave Korea boat and aim to add Colin's WWII Intrepid skins to it for warbirds ops. Great effort and result on the statics!
    Yes you are correct on all points the screens were taken whilst I was still getting the positioning right so don't worry I'm doing a recovery and launch models but need someone to texture the models and make the cockpit glass transparent although that's not essential I guess.
    I'd like to do it with the static corsair tigercat and bearcats but I keep running into trouble when converting from Gmax to MDL I'll try again later today

Anybody know how i reduce a model to 1 LOD???

Hooky
    Last edited by Hooky722; September 3rd, 2015 at 13:31.

This is why I ask:-

Anybody know How I get all the LOD's to show at once for the life of me I can't work it out

Cheers Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lodissue.jpg  

Mission Accomplished, Thanks to Marks kind permission to use the F4U models from the Soloman Islands Scenery pack (Thank you once more Mark) I have put together a F4U deck park for use with Colin Glendinnings Essex class carriers. Unlike the Banshee's I have had to limit the Parked A/C objects to rows of 4 which gives people the opportunity of adjusting the layout to how ever many row's of aircraft they may want to appear on the deck at any one time. I'm working on a system where people will be able to select what models they want to appear and where by adding or removing entries in the ai Carriers file. The default configurations I have in mind will include full 'Launch' and 'Recover' layouts. Still a little way to go yet but I have almost finished the Launch layout. Watch this space...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aFT pARK.jpg   DeckparkAFT.jpg   DeckparkDemo.jpg  
    Last edited by Hooky722; September 5th, 2015 at 11:53.

I cannot tell you how cool this is and looks. Awesome.

A request: could you share your CV-32 and CV-45 deck textures with the yellow numbers? I want to do some re-decorating! Like the formation you have with both and one recovery and the other launch. I also got the HUP to fly as a guard. Great Korea carrier ops potential here.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    A request: could you share your CV-32 and CV-45 deck textures with the yellow numbers? I want to do some re-decorating! Like the formation you have with both and one recovery and the other launch. I also got the HUP to fly as a guard. Great Korea carrier ops potential here.
    Thank you very much, There's a little bit of a frame hit when all are displayed at once but nothing severe. I'm not sure about posting the Yellow deck numbers as its Still the late Colin Glendinning's textures underneath but I shall PM Rami and see what he says about it. It maybe acceptable as long as i credit Colin for the original work. I could do with a paint kit for the Corsairs as the textures I used were from a Cfs2 model I had and aren't my work. I only used them for test purposes. Both configurations are complete now although I would really like to add one of these NC or willy's units.

any one know of one here about's

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NC1.jpg   willys JeepFDR.jpg  

There's certainly a 4-wheeler Willy's Jeep knocking around Hooky.. I think I got mine from the library here. Not seen a 3-wheeler though.

EDIT:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-4077-Jeep-zip

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0