"Eagle County by Spitfire" (Image Heavy)

Thread: "Eagle County by Spitfire" (Image Heavy)

"Eagle County by Spitfire" (Image Heavy)

Here are a selection of screenshots flying over some areas of the recently released ORBX Eagle County airport scenery, located in Colorado, which I kind of leaped-on the moment I saw that it had been released, having been in awe by the previews.

A couple of pointers to those who may purchase this scenery - first, as is advised, you need to download/install the latest ORBX scenery libraries after installing the scenery. And secondly, since it is full of mountainous terrain, I had to increase LOD_Radius setting in the FSX.cfg file so that the scenery would look much better in the distance - I have mine set at LOD_Radius=8.5 - and remember, that if you set this, it will be reset to 4.5 if you do any scenery/detail changes in the FSX menu. Also, it says that the scenery requires FTX Global to be installed (which I do), but for those that don't already own FTX Global, of course that's quite a steep requirement - personally, I'm sure the scenery would work just fine without it, as long as you install the ORBX libraries (free download).

There is a ton of stuff to explore with this scenery, and once I had the LOD radius increased, I've been very, very impressed. Of course the most detail is centered around the main airport. There are also a couple of other small airstrips within the coverage area of the scenery (which is quite large), an AI helicopter, a moving train (low detail, but still fun to see actually moving), and also some interesting areas to land helicopters, such as a hospital. The thing I have been impressed the most with, however, is how insanely framerate friendly it is for how insanely detailed it is - I have all of the my settings very high, if not maxed-out (just no water reflections or ground scenery shadows), and my framerates stay locked at 24, where I always have it set. When I purchased it, I was fully prepared to have to maybe turn off some features in the scenery, but that turned-out not to be the case.

I hope you enjoy the screenshots! I definitely had fun taking them.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Stunning shots as usual John

ATB
    DaveB

Amazing ! Mike

great screenshots as always - but ORBX has really taken their craft to the next level...there should be some kind of award for the artistry of their most recent works especially, if not for the entire body of work
    they have done to make FSX beautiful.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Awesome scenery. It really dwindles one's own efforts on the subject.

Love the clipped wing spit, great images!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Stunning landscape detail, especially the houses. Truly excellent. Your screenies are superb.

I have to ask, who put out the Griffon engine Spitfire?
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pips View Post
    I have to ask, who put out the Griffon engine Spitfire?
    I'll hazard a guess that that's the RealAir Spitfire. Still an extremely nice ride after all these years.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Members who have read this thread: 0