A new rotorcraft "Alouette III" is released on French-VFR
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new rotorcraft "Alouette III" is released on French-VFR

A new rotorcraft "Alouette III" is released on French-VFR

Hi,

Squirrel, a young developer of pilote-virtuel.com, friend of mine has just created a Alouette III for FSX/P3D.
    It is his first creation but this model is a very good modelisation.

The Alouette III is used by the Marine Nationale for more than 50 years. If the number of these rotorcraft which has been used for rescue, anti-submarine missions and as "Pedro" is now reduced: it remains a little more than twenty ones. This shows the great capabilities of this rotorcraft, also very famous in mountains. When this rotorcraft is disappearing for the European continent, you will be able to fly her thanks to a little team : Camille Bachmann, Benoît Dubé, Jean Michel Renaux, Raphaël Grinevald and Bernard Juniot.

This model has been made for FSX Acceleration, but has also been tried for P3D V2 without issue.
    The RFN gauge (http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr) version 4.2 is installed by default, but not included in the package.

Thanks for him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AlouetteIII6.jpg  

Thanks for the HU lagaffe

ATB
    DaveB

Fabulous work Squirrel! Beautiful modelling and excellent animations and sounds too.

Merci beaucoup

Link to the download page HERE

Any link?

Ok, I have it:
    http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.ph...tconfig=0&id=1

Squirrel's Alouette III
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oops - crossed over your thread Yoyo sorry!

Dave.

What a surprise! I remember when I was young (back in the 1970's) I bought both the Fujimi and Heller 1/48 scale Alouette III kits. Cool little helicopter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Strange. it´s crashing my FSX-SE as soon as i hit ctrl+e to start it. FSX immediately closes with no error messages. Yes, i have ths RFN 4.2 gauge installed too.
    Tryed another rotor to verify my FSX and it works ok.

Edit: Reinstalled again, all files checked. Same error. Move on!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Just got done flying it. Looks great, sounds are dead on, handles like a dream. The only thing I noticed that stuck out to me was that the Collective Arm did not move. Still, it's a work of art, a keeper!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seems we all have very different setups. I find it very nose heavy and control very light so there's lots of 'nodding'. I've quickly thrown the FSHeli Alouette2(Astazou) airfile at it which has calmed it down but at the expense of the sounds! Lovely model though and a definite keeper

ATB
    DaveB

Strange. it´s crashing my FSX-SE as soon as i hit ctrl+e to start it. FSX immediately closes with no error messages. Yes, i have ths RFN 4.2 gauge installed too.
    Tryed another rotor to verify my FSX and it works ok.

Edit: Reinstalled again, all files checked. Same error. Move on!
    I just tried it in FSX-SE and it appears to work fine although I will agree with DaveB and it is a bit 'noddy' and very light on the controls. I also appear to be missing some textures as I have white bodies to the Rad Alt gauge and radios in the center panel but I did only check the first variant in the aircraft selection window so maybe the others might be OK.
    Larry

Yes, I believe it´s working ok for you guys. I´m just surprise that it´s not working for me. My FSX-SE is clean at the moment and everything seems to be working just fine.
    I tested my system with the other plane from them, the Etendard and tried others that use the rfn gauge like the Fouga Zephyr, tried the mirage iiic and they all work ok. So i´m without a clue of what´s happening.

Maybe later this week, with more time, i´ll do a investigative work to see where is my problem. Thanks.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I also appear to be missing some textures as I have white bodies to the Rad Alt gauge and radios in the center panel but I did only check the first variant in the aircraft selection window so maybe the others might be OK.
    I noticed this too and looked at the texture files. It looks like they are in fact textured in a very light grey texture, which does make things look untextured since the surrounding instruments are black. I suppose they are textured to represent perhaps an after-market add-in or something. I may try to go in in the coming days and attempt to retexture those components to match their surroundings, but maybe a more talented individual will beat me to it.

The texture file I am referencing is located in the aircraft's "texture" folder (where all of the common/universal textures for this helicopter are), and is filename "panel03.dds".

Beyond that, the helicopter is great!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thanks for the HU lagaffe

ATB
    DaveB
    Compliments are not for me but for my friend: Squirrel !

Cheers,
    Didier

No user screenies?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Beautiful model inside and out, but better outside. I have been redoing the gauge faces completely. . .some too light in color and most too fuzzy for my taste. Everything on texture sheet "panel01" has been redrawn. Over the next few days I'll finish the other two. As with so many freeware models, the pilot is lacking. If he were real I would imagine him to weigh about 150 and be 7' 6". As for the handling. . .probably the easiest Heli I've ever flown. Effortless control. . .none of the "nodding" that others noted previously. . .just a joy to fly. Took it from Aviano AB up into the mountains and did some valley flying. Overall a wonderful job and nice to see that the Chopper was dedicated to Benoit Dube!

This is my favorite freeware helicopter in a looooong time!

I find she flies very well indeed. Very well balanced. Very light and easy to fly... almost effortless in fact. Easy to hover-taxi. It is sheer joy at the controls!

I also like both the interior and exterior models. I LOVE flying it in P3D, with all the shadows cast from the framework giving a real sense of movement and immersion. I especially like the modeled shape of the grip on the cyclic... something often overlooked in freeware releases, and some payware too!

I think the sounds, and their subtle change according the flight regime, are brilliant!

Personally I wouldn't change a lot, except for adding 1) imperfections (a little dirt and tiny scratches); and 2) very subtle reflections to the plexiglass to add further to the immersion. This model is also CRYING OUT for a PAINT KIT!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No user screenies?
    Quick snap.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Interesting craft indeed. Very grateful to the creators for giving this bird life and making it available for us.
    I am particularly enjoying the rotor animations...very nice.

One thing though, for me the high-pitched engine 'whine' is very uncomfortable for my ears; it virtually drowns out all the
    other engine and rotor sounds and feels like a mosquito in my ears. Realistic or not, I wish there was some way of toning down this particular sound element. At first I though it was some sort of alarm that I accidently triggered but I really don't think so. The whine
    appears superimposed on other engine sounds based on a few .wav files that I opened for investigation.

Ugly bird. My photos from 1,5 month ago:

Even if I'm not a big helicopters fan, this is the first time I manage to fly an helicopter in FSX without problems ( I mean the flight model ). Also VERY NICE external/VC model. Thank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

Ugly bird. My photos from 1,5 month ago:
    Yes indeed.. very much function over form. The Alouette II is (IMHO) much much prettier. I think it remains my favourite helicopter
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    The Alouette II is (IMHO) much much prettier
    Defo agree with that Dave, the Alouette II was lovely

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

As I mentioned above, I've been reworking the VC panel and gauges. This is the result thus far:

One thing I don't like and it's not something that can be corrected and it's personal preference. . .the glare from the nav lights casts a hue on the interior that changes the colors. Don't care for that, sorry. As for the jet whine, it is annoying but after a time I found I can block it out. . .also the beep, beep, beep when rpm reaches a certain point. . .gone. . .I don't need that droning in my ear. . . .I'll fly it as fast and as far beyond limits as I care to so I don't need that in my ear along with the "whine".

Great Heli! lol

Plans for Uploading...

Hi Falcon409,

Those textures look really great. I hope you plan to upload them here at the Outhouse. I'm confident that I'm not the only person who would greatly appreciate them.

RD

Members who have read this thread: 0