A little strip I threw together today...

Thread: A little strip I threw together today...

Icon2 A little strip I threw together today...

....I wanted an ag strip where I could base my Cessna Ag Aircraft. This one is representative of Double R Flying Service's strip located in my home town. It has a short paved runway portion to get the loaded airplanes rolling for take-off. The rest of the strip is grass.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DoubleR2.jpg  

Looks great. What tool(s) did you use to create your strip?

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Looks great. What tool(s) did you use to create your strip?
    Thanks for the compliment. I start with SketchUp to make the scenery objects and then convert them for use in FSX with model converter X. I make the scenery using Airport Design Editor X. In this scenery I also used Static Aircraft Model Maker for the static Air Tractor 301s. I find that I can do all I wish with a scenery add-on regarding the airport itself using ADEX. In this one there is a flatten polygon and a land class polygon around the runway. For this scenery, I started from scratch as this little strip is not in FSX. For all the airports that are, I start with the default airport and make modifications to them. One of the things I usually do first is make an exclusion polygon to get rid of the airport background around the airport.

RD

Members who have read this thread: 0