Taco' old Hudson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taco' old Hudson

Taco' old Hudson

Going to give the Hudson a go for the return trip. Virtavia Lockheed Hudson flying in FSX using FSX weather.

Here we go again, I hope, Leaving RP17 going to WAMH. Be a lot slower that the F6F. lol

Howdy, a very nice flight to WAMH, nice weather. Landed at WAMH

Nice! I was tempted to go with a Hudson as well. Good luck and strong tail winds.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hey Paul, thanks for the good words, hehe, wishing the weather stays as nice as it was on the first flight, but knowing the weather who in the heck knowsAnyway, thing seemed to go good on the the first flight going to give it a go again. Leaving WAMH and heading towards WA1A, In good shape, got me peanut butter sanwhich and lots of coffee. Me understand that there might be a Japanese ZERO playing around near my flight plans!Jim

Dang! Hot Dog! Made it again! Landed at WA1A. Now let me tell ya! That GI peanut butter ain't the best in the world. Old Dudley, "told me don't eat that stuff in any rough weather or most of it would end up on the panel." With the taste of it he was right! Well anyway, the coffee wasn't to bad. We did have some questionable weather, but most was just fine! Now it's time to fine some good peanut butter! Just to let you know Old Dudley had ham and cheese, and he sure rubbed it in that I couldn't eat me peanut butter, whatever it was. CYA laterTaco, and Dudley

Here we go! Taking off from WA1A to WABB. I mentioned to Old Dudley to keep an lookout for that proweling ZERO, he said not to worry, if he see us we will be in for a long swim or a trek thru the jungle. hehe.

Gee! we did it again, landed at WABB what a nice and long runway. No ZERO seen us, which at this state of the game is nice. One thing, WA1A didn't have any peanut butter so I needed to settle for coffee, which was good, and a ham and cheese sandwhich. And of course, Old Dudley gave me a bad time about and even yell at one time when we were bouncing around, "where in the heck did you learn to fly at monkey wards!" Hehe, just love that old boy! Cya.

Old Dudley and I are preparing the Hudson for the next leg. WABB to HFD, long flight, short runway, and with a lot of trees. One good thing about being here they have good peanut butter, ordered a couple of sandwhichs and more coffee. Hehe, got the he-haw from Dudley! So off we go!

Tell Dudley he needs to quit buying Fred shots. I might need him manning the tail gun if we run into that Zero!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Landed at HFD! Had a heck of a time finding the bloody landing field, hehe, almost flew right passed it. Hehe, all in a days work I guess. No pictures, I guess we were to busy watching out for any bad guys, but I believe Old Dudley was asleep there were funny sounds coming from the radio position. I had a hard time staying awake myself! Well, at least, the peanut butter sandwhichs which I got from WABB were fair so thing might be looking up. They didn't have any coffee so tea it was and no wonder I had problem staying awake. lol.

Oops, forgot to upload the Duenna. In fact, had a heck of a time uploading all together

Here we are again, taking off from HFD and hope to end up at GSP. Well, we loaded up with all the needed stuff, special stuff, my peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, and mucho coffee. Mr. Dudley is doing his thing at this point.

Down in the valley, valley so low. oops wrong song! Oh well, we made it this time to GSP. Just flew right down the valley, nice flight. No bad guys, but seen some traffic on the road going south they never even looked up. Dudley said I should have pitch out one of my sandwhich, and that would have got they attention, darn things was so hard it would have been like big boulder coming down the mountain onto the hiway, and it would have scared the poop out of them! Hehe

Off again! GSP to JCB.

Keep trying to load some smilies, but nothing happens. hehe. Well anyway, landed at JCB after two trys. The first I forgot to pickup the Baton, and the flight before forgot to put down the gears. My Bad!

Hey there! we are off again, Leaving JCB and heading for AYTK. Rumors around JCB is that there are some bad people sneaking around AYTK. Maybe we can slip in while they are on coffee break. lol

Landed at AYTK, we were unable to sneak in, really don't know what hit us but #1 engine started to smoke like heck! Must have hit an oil line because we were losing oil pressure, not real fast, but fast enough. Aganist all the rules I kept her running counting on the chance that we could land without putting dents in the aircraft. More than likely should have shut her down! A long story, but anyway we made it down without catching on fire. Now the local folks will give her a once over check the damage. We got our finger crossed that we didn't really screw up the engine. If so, be awhile before we could get a replacement one sent out here.

Our smoking problem wasn't bad as we first suspected, which was good. It seems something just nicked one of the oil line and the oil line was squirting small amounts of oil onto the hot exhaust manifolds. Hehe, and it sure made a lot of smoke, and it worried Dudley and me to no end. The local mechanics found a usable oil line from a derelict old fighter. So number engine has given up smoking!

Now to the real business at hand. Leaving AYTK for AGGE.

Nice film. "When the smoke gets in your eyes..."
    -Mike

Hot Dog and a Cold Beer! Ran into some questionable weather, and the Hudson with it's big wings a little breeze bounces the plane around. Needless to say, I more than likely spilled more coffee on the outside of than I got inside. Every time I spilled some an let out a swear word Old Dudley started laughing like heck, and that just made me that much madder. He could have cared less! This has been going on for all the years we have flown together, and believe me,, It has been some good years.

Landed at AGGE with no problems with the #1 engine.

Hey Taco. Nice pics of the Hudson! Just got a cable from Miss Nellie. She's been going over the pilot reports, and asked me to verify you navigation intentions. Your last leg was AYTK-AGGE. Missed MKO and AYBK?

Oh, and check your engines for 7.7mm diameter holes. You know how those Zeros are...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Darn, I thought these flight were going to fast. Just forgot or missed writing down the above. My Goof!

A big Oops, my bad, lol, and hehe!. Back track! AYTK to MKO me think

We made it to MKO.

Members who have read this thread: 0