Atlanta

Thread: Atlanta

Atlanta

Hi all, I am an FSX user now but with the coming of P3D 3.0 eventually, I think I will be switching to P3D. I live in the Atlanta area and one of my great disappointments with FSX is how horribly done Atlanta is. With the exception of a few recognizable buildings, the general area bears zero resemblance to the real thing. Even with Orbx new North American Landclass, it still isnt representative in the slightest.

One question I have, is the city (not the KATL airport per se) well and accurately done in P3D? Very important to me because I live here and would like to virtually "train" in my local area with semi-accurate VFR representation.

Appreciate knowing. Thanks.

Eric

Blog Entries

Eric, I couldbe wrong, but from my understanding the new Orbx LC doesn't include Atlanta.I think the name they've used is misleading, as it only covers Alaska and Canada.I visited Atlantalast year, it's actually a very beautiful city, I liked it.

Ian

Eric, absolutely no changes to most airports in P3Dv2.x, so I don't think there will be anything new in P3Dv3.x either.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Eric, absolutely no changes to most airports in P3Dv2.x, so I don't think there will be anything new in P3Dv3.x either.
    Thanks. Im not interested in KATL. Thats ok. Its the actual metro area thats a hot mess at least in FSX. It was actually better in FS9 and there was 3rd party scenery that improved it a bit more. Whats in FSX is complete hot garbage.

Eric, I guess ORBX will add more Lc of the whole USA, will take some time though. But eventually it will include Atlanta..

Hank

p3d 1, 2 and I expect 3, will be default fsx scenery by standard... there's no change up to 2.5.

Orbx NA land class is the NORTH of the continent, so alaska/Canada, not the lower 48 yet. But they will I expect in time.

So P3d is more a new sim base, for lighting, performance and quality, content is still 3rd party freeware and payware.

Eric, if you want picture perfect city and surrounding areas, get the excellent photo-real scenery of MegaScenery Earth - Atlanta, from PC Aviator, or any of the other sites that sell the Mega Scenery Earth series. This scenery covers the entire Terminal Control Area, about 7,500 Sq Miles. Current price is $19.95. Get it on a Tuesday and get 10% off. Worth every penny.

The photos used are a few years old, but are extremely detailed, down to about 500' AGL, where blurriness starts. Details are still recognizable down around 200' AGL.

it does block default auto-gen buildings and trees, however, these can be brought back with any freeware or payware scenery overlaid. All airports in the area are included with basic ai capable afcads, which can be updated with any add-on, including auto-gen scenery.

I have the scenery for my home area, and I can see my car in my driveway, clearly, as well as the truck I drive for work in it's usual parking spot.
    (Actually, I have the entire USA and all related releases. Awesome scenery.)

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...cat=886&page=1
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

As a general note, Prepar3D is mostly an "empty box". There are very few additions in terms of out-of-the-box content with respect to FSX - a couple of planes and airbases (which have poorly color-matched photoscenery BTW).
    So, whatever area you are interested in, you need to consider add-ons.

Does the Atlanta scenery show the fun-filled traffic jams on the highways going through and around the city? NC

Members who have read this thread: 0