Looking for military aircraft "eye candy"

Thread: Looking for military aircraft "eye candy"

Looking for military aircraft "eye candy"

Hi folks, newb here - I'm looking for opinions on PC flight sim(s) available.

I'm primarily looking for one(s) that have a lot of military aircraft to choose from, and mainly from the U.S. military, with an emphasis on AIRCRAFT appearance & details

I'd also like to be able to find/import different skins, if possible, but not required

Thanks in advance

Lock on: Modern Air Combat is pretty good. Not as detailed as MSFS, but air combat capable with different US and Russian aircraft.

looks like only 48 aircraft... unless you can upload add'l ?

Strike Fighter by ThirdWire used to be pretty good. You can download some aircraft, but not the best cockpits. There is no interactivity with switches in the cockpit. MSFS with mods is a very good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike vonB View Post
    looks like only 48 aircraft... unless you can upload add'l ?
    I'm surprised no one has asked the purpose for your inquiry. It might help someone to make a suggestion if we knew the "why do you ask".

henrystreet,

I'm asking because I make laser engraved military challenge coin holders, and I'd like to make a new product. Currently I mainly use a 'blueprint' top view like the attached F-16 picture - but I'd like to make a version where the aircraft appears to be 'flying' out of a circle, like the B-52 pic, but with something like the F-14's orientation and not just a top view

So, I'm needing a way to view & rotate military aircraft - hence the 'eye candy' reference & request. I thought a flight sim with lots of options for military aircraft would give me a way to get airborne and switch to external view so that I can move about and get just the right angle. I'd take a screenshot and then 'vectorize' it with graphic design software - Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.

Yes, there are many pictures online, but sometimes the angle isn't quite right for what I need. And the angle might be different for different aircraft. So I need to be able to adjust.

I'm also looking at CAD type stuff, like .obj files, but I think that involves more.

Does that make sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F16-etsy.jpg   B52-v1.jpg   f14-c.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mike vonB View Post
    Does that make sense?
    Yes, perfectly.

so here's an example, using some clip-art I found online - a decent view, but lacking details...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10 inflight.jpg  

There are a lot of military aircraft for FSX if high quality visuals are what you're looking for. The best ones are mostly payware.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I'm OK with paying some to save me time trying to find a suitable picture online

Members who have read this thread: 0