Aerosoft Airbus: Converting A319 textures to A318

Thread: Aerosoft Airbus: Converting A319 textures to A318

Aerosoft Airbus: Converting A319 textures to A318

Hi Guys,

I am looking for an A318 repaint for Lufthansa since 2 months. I did not find it anywhere and I also tried it myself. No success

Now someone told me that it is possible to convert an existing A319 texture to A318.

I also tried this with no luck. Does someone know how to do this and can help me? (perhaps a Pro could do this in 10 minutes)

I would be so so damned thankfull...!

Regards

Martin

Not the best place to ask since there's little to no people here flying this thing. Tried the Aerosoft forums?

Nobody wants or can answer this question in Aerosoft forum

Are there paintkits for both planes? What I'd do, is to compare these. In fact (correct me if I'm wrong) the difference between the 18 and 19 is just length, so that might be a pretty easy job. Of course I don't know how the models are build up, but anyway...
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

If both the A318 and the A319 are made by the same developer then try just putting the A319 textures in an A318 folder and see how they work. Make sure to check the file names of the A318 textures and give the A319 textures the same name when you move them or FSX wont recognize the textures. For example if the forward fuselage texture file in the A318 folder is named "A318_fwd_fuse" then make sure you change the A319 texture that you use to that name because FSX will look for a texture file with that name. Do this for all the texture files you move to the A318 folder. I remember doing this for several planes modeled by Erick Cantu for FS9. I would take textures made for a DC-9-30 and put them on a DC-9-10. I just had to change the file name. I did the same for using 727-200 textures on a 727-100 by the same developer. I just had to change the file name.
    "But there are two certain targets 135 miles from here that don't expect us . . . Let's get Enterprise and Hornet turned into the wind."
    Actor Glenn Ford portraying R. Adm. Raymond Spruance in "Midway"

Quote Originally Posted by martin88 View Post
    Nobody wants or can answer this question in Aerosoft forum
    That is not exactly true... there is one available yet seems not to be up to your standard, to quote yourselves at the aerosoft forum:

Posted <time datetime="2015-08-13T20:08:09Z" title="08/13/15 10:08 PM" data-short="13 Aug">13 August</time> · Report post Ty I did not know this. Just tried it out and textures are very unsharp. Looks worse than default aircraft

I must wait until someone makes a good DLH repaint

Cheers!

Marcel

I know this repaint but the quality is very bad. I tried to copy the A319 textures onto the 318 and renamed them. Wings and engines worked but fuselage not well.
    Ty anyway

The A318 paint looks just fine. If it is really not up to your standards, lock yourself up with the paintkit and Photoshop and come back when you've made one that looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The A318 paint looks just fine. If it is really not up to your standards, lock yourself up with the paintkit and Photoshop and come back when you've made one that looks better.
    Keep cool, I never said that I can do it better. But I compared this repaint with the ones from Aerosoft, and textures are much more "pixel like and unsharp".
    I respect every one who makes repaints for fsx. It is hard work and I will never be able to do that. I tried it...after one hour I did not want to go on.

Ok I tried it again with this repaint. From the direct side, it looks ok. But from front and side view, it gets unsharp. I have often seen this phenomenon with fsx texutres. As I am really not familliar with painting, I cannot explain this.
    Is it possible to make it look better? Perhaps I can do it with a texture program if I knew which.

I would be very happy if it looked like this Aerosoft Repaint:

As I said I am too stupid for it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 318.jpg   3181.jpg   A319.jpg  

The paint has mips added. Remove the mips and you'll have a sharp image

ATB
    DaveB

Never heard of Mips. What is this?

Members who have read this thread: 0