Model/Panel Help needed

Thread: Model/Panel Help needed

Model/Panel Help needed

I am working on the final tweaks for the Uboat Commander campaign. The Uboat as it stands has a 2d panel with a periscope view that works great. However, the virtual cockpit view is just a view above the Uboat with no Uboat under you! LOL. Creating this is far beyond my capabilities. Are there any modelers willing to try their hand at creating a virtual cockpit view that puts you outside on the bridge?

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    I am working on the final tweaks for the Uboat Commander campaign. The Uboat as it stands has a 2d panel with a periscope view that works great. However, the virtual cockpit view is just a view above the Uboat with no Uboat under you! LOL. Creating this is far beyond my capabilities. Are there any modelers willing to try their hand at creating a virtual cockpit view that puts you outside on the bridge?
    I believe that cfs2 doesnt render models below zero feet underground. May i´m wrong.Sorry
    Mario
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

BTW, send me your model and i could force the VC view, if it has not VC
    Cheers
    Mario

The sub shows up on the surface from outside. It never really goes below 0 ft. Submerging is done with texture files only with "open canopy command" The virtual cockpit view would be outside on the bridge so it would not be used when "submerged" anyway. I'll try to send you the files but I'm not sure how to do that here.

Can't upload the mdl file here. Says it's an invalid file??

Put it in a ZIP file first and attach zip file with the model in it to the thread like you would a pic.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Attachment 27871

Thanks Allen, forgot about doing that LOL.

Hi folks! here is the model with Virtual cockpit view created. I suggest to use around this point of view:

[Views]
    eyepoint=10,0,17

It must be fixed in the aircraft file.

Hope u enjoy it.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mission,
    Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, been a hectic weekend here. Just loaded the file and it looks great! Thank you so much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Mission,
    Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, been a hectic weekend here. Just loaded the file and it looks great! Thank you so much for your help.
    You are welcome! If u need somethin more, let me know.
    Cheers
    Mario

Members who have read this thread: 0