Thoughts of cause of tree's in water

Thread: Thoughts of cause of tree's in water

Thoughts of cause of tree's in water

Gents,

After about 3-4 days of installing, tweaking and fine tuning my latest FSX SE install, I actually had it to looking great with Orbx regions, REX, FS Global 2010 FTX edition, Orbx Vector and Land Class. I even had My Traffic 6 Pro up and running. That's when I got a bit cocky and decided to add some of the military airports on Flyawaysimulations.com, ACG and SDB. I did test the first few and while they may not have been complete transformations, the artists did a great job of making them feel much more immersive and military looking, in my opinion. McChord Field now looked much more akin to McChord, NAS Miramar looked fantastic so then I chose to try MAIW. I think the field was Mountain Home. I installed the folder into a desktop folder, knowing many of the MAIW files are FS9 and began cut and pasting the entries into their appropriate FSX SE folders. I then started FSX SE which still is defaulted to fly over Friday Harbor in the glider and where there was once Puget Sound, it now resembled the usual PNW Rain forest......tree's everywhere.

I then used Holger's technique of using the back up terrain.cfg file into the FSX directory. It worked before when I saw tree's but it failed this time.

I truly hate to re-install all again and I'm just curious if I can root through the scenery library, deleting the various addon scenery files to then try adding each one back on again? Will this eliminate the problem or perhaps it's just a scenery folder hierarchy order that I may have missed somewhere. Anyway, I know I've seen other posts in here regarding this, including mine, but the library only goes back a few years worth of threads or perhaps I need to try another search of tree's in water to see what other's have tried to fix the mess I have.

Thanks for taking time to read and more thanks for any forthcoming tips.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Less Is More

Well if everything is looking that good, why not back off the autogen slider. That will remove most 'extra' trees (also in roads, etc) and still leave enought to keep it 'real'.
    Chuck B
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

I would first try rearranging the order of priority in the scenery library. If that doesn't seem to work, you may have to uninstall each recently installed scenery product one by one until things go back to normal.
    I had this happen once and fixed it by reordering the priority of my scenery addons, but your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I would first try rearranging the order of priority in the scenery library. If that doesn't seem to work, you may have to uninstall each recently installed scenery product one by one until things go back to normal.
    I had this happen once and fixed it by reordering the priority of my scenery addons, but your mileage may vary.
    Thanks Sean. Can you or anyone else with a similar configuration, share your scenery folder order with me? I would be most grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by napamule View Post
    Well if everything is looking that good, why not back off the autogen slider. That will remove most 'extra' trees (also in roads, etc) and still leave enought to keep it 'real'.
    Chuck B
    Napamule, now that you mention it, I figured since everything looked really great, I did max the sliders and also added the military fields, though you may be onto something. More to follow. Thanks for the additional idea.

Matt

If you have Vector installed go to the "Water Features" tab in the configurator and untick "Frozen Surface (in winter only)". Don't forget to hit the "Apply" button.
    That feature is still buggy and is known to put trees onto water.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    If you have Vector installed go to the "Water Features" tab in the configurator and untick "Frozen Surface (in winter only)". Don't forget to hit the "Apply" button.
    That feature is still buggy and is known to put trees onto water.
    Thanks Vora. I'll give that a try shortly when I get home. I did indeed have Vector installed. More to follow.

Matt

Fixed, sort of..

After all the suggestions, I opted to delete all the Orbx/FS Global scenery files from the scenery library and the water is back again, without tree's in it.

So, a final question from the local subject matter experts, if I just deleted the scenery files, it only removed them from the FSX folder correct? They are still installed and it should just be a matter now of applying the scenery layers back into FSX using the shortcuts to the FTX configurator and FTX Central 2, I hope. Thoughts on this process are again very welcome too.

At this juncture, I've been able to keep the installed planes, MyTraffic Pro and REX installed, so a few steps back but progress nonetheless.

Thanks again for being such a resourceful collective.

Matt

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1