F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Regarding the F7F Tigercat and carrier use, a coincidence in history (myself, having extensively covered the Navy P-51D "Seahorse" project), is that the F7F carrier trials took place at the very same time as the P-51D and B-25H/PBJ-1H carrier trials, from the USS Shangri-La, in mid-November 1944, sailing through the Chesapeake Bay - for instance, on Nov. 17, 1944, had you been on the USS Shangri-La, you would have seen all three types perform carrier launches and traps through the day.
    Wouldn't that make a fantastic mission for FSX/P3D...I was wanting to stage some screen shots of the Tigercat doing traps, but imagine the scene with the other birds on the deck of the Shangri-La.

You and everyone else are quite welcome sir. I would have done the conversion simply for my own pleasure, but sharing it makes the process that much more gratifying.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

F7F carquals

The Grumman F7F-1 failed carrier suitability tests due to poor single-engine characteristics (VMC 40 mph above spec). The F7F-3 was developed to address these problems, but also failed carrier suitability tests due to a structural failure. The F7F-4 finally passed carrier qualifications.

Grumman F-7F Tigercat Demonstration - 4,000+ Horsepower

Many thanks Milton, ******** and team...grrrreat looking bird!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

F7F Runup and flyby

Great sounding engines. Wonder what the back seat was for....

Thanks G, Hope someone will paint the "Bossman" texture.

Folks, I forgot to ask. Are their folding wings?

thanks,

-d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Folks, I forgot to ask. Are their folding wings?

thanks,

-d
    Yeppers, I had to assign a key set to make wings fold, I used CTRL + /

Gman, this is fantastic work. Congrats to you and to Milton for the contribution. Flew her for an hour today and was great fun!

Sort of which it had a gunsight and some guns, but otherwise loverly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Gman, this is fantastic work. Congrats to you and to Milton for the contribution. Flew her for an hour today and was great fun!

Sort of which it had a gunsight and some guns, but otherwise loverly.
    Technically, the test mule didn't have a gunsight to my knowledge. The F7F-2 and F7F-3 variants (WIP) will have a gunsight and TacPack compatibility.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Btw. I used only Ctrl+E for start. Separate starters doesnt work or I miss something?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Milton and The Tigercat Team! She's a beauty!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Extremely Important Update

It has been brought to my attention that some P3D users have, or may have, allegedly mentioned, alluded to or inadvertently actually used the word fun in their comments here.

I would be remiss in my role as the developer of this upgrade if I did not include the caveat that under no circumstances is any one allowed to use the F7F P3D compatible Tigercat for any use other than serious, sober and extremely boring training of the most reverent nature.

Fun, the use of the word fun, or even the slightest indication that you are having fun is categorically forbidden and will not be tolerated by myself, nor any other person of responsibility involved with this extremely serious project. Worse yet, do not, under any circumstances give in to the urge to feel entertained. This simply will not do and could be construed as a serious mental deficiency.

No fun...none at all...period...I mean it...hold up your right hand...repeat after me......no fun.

Thank you. Geeez....that was a close one!
    Thomas Jefferson

oh dear, so I can't say I'm just having fun while I wait for the paintkit?? OK then, here I am seriously applying paint to this model:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The F7F-2 and F7F-3 variants (WIP) will have a gunsight and TacPack compatibility.
    Great news!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.................. .....ill have %^$ if i want!!!

It has been brought to my attention that some P3D users have, or may have, allegedly mentioned, alluded to or inadvertently actually used the word fun in their comments here.

I would be remiss in my role as the developer of this upgrade if I did not include the caveat that under no circumstances is any one allowed to use the F7F P3D compatible Tigercat for any use other than serious, sober and extremely boring training of the most reverent nature.

Fun, the use of the word fun, or even the slightest indication that you are having fun is categorically forbidden and will not be tolerated by myself, nor any other person of responsibility involved with this extremely serious project. Worse yet, do not, under any circumstances give in to the urge to feel entertained. This simply will not do and could be construed as a serious mental deficiency.

No fun...none at all...period...I mean it...hold up your right hand...repeat after me......no fun.

Lovely job, Gordon and team! The weight of the two big radials is obvious on a first flight and she flies very nicely. What I really like apart from the gorgeous model is the view from the cockpit: this is going to be lots of fun on VFR flights, which is how I mostly fly FSX.

Hats off, Milton!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Oh my, I'm in serious trouble. For the last few hours I have been doing touch-&-go's at Kaneohe and carrier quals on the Eisenhower off Pearl Harbor. I have been serious and sober (somewhat) and getting in some good training in this fantastic airplane. But I'm very sorry to have to admit that I am having F-U-N !!! And there is no way in hell flying this bird could be boring.
    Thanks for this incredible gift.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I can't help that I had fun to any extent, during the beta process, so, I'm sorry about that
    Oh wait, I'm an FSX user!

Congrats Gordon!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Great Milton and ya team, buncha good barstards ... And JK you could have not chosen better nose art

For desktop wallpaper .

FSX, a little edited.

Carrier launch and Recovery

Hi,

Absolutely wonderful model! High praise to all. There is however a small problem that would be nice to rectify: The carrier pilots of the day both launched and recovered with their canopies open (and locked). That way they could ensure that exiting the airplane in the event of getting into the water. The plane guard destroyer might not get to them in time, and this was prior to todays ever present recovery helo. The problem is that opening the canopy also lowers the boarding ladder (on the starboard side). Is it still possible to separate these two functions?

Bill

Many thanks ******** and to Milton and all those involved in the original project.

A very welcome addition to FSX!

Cheers

Paul

Blog Entries
    I've uploaded a set of blank skins, no markings, that will correspond with the existing aircraft variants for all of the painters while I finalize the paint kit.
    The skins include one blank metal, blank metal polished, Sea Blue and blank metal w/spinners.

Link:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=180

Thomas Jefferson

Wow. Great. When a project was done with passion and love....The result is outstanding.
    Thanks Gordon, Milton and all the team for this piece of art.

Members who have read this thread: 5