F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Any new news on the -3?
    Hoping to see her soon.

Thanks G,
    Doc
    Last edited by NAVY DOC; September 25th, 2015 at 02:24.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY DOC View Post
    Any new news on the -3?
    Hoping to see her soon.

Thanks G,
    Doc
    Doc,

From the beta testing I have been doing, unless Gordon succumbs to W10 issues, she is very close.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Milton,
    You guys are doing brilliant work.
    Thank you both for your contributions to the community.

Doc

so.........we have this sexy F7F,now how about that preggers one?.....im talkin the tanker...hehehehe

Blog Entries
    Bump:

Hang tough Daveroo, the tanker is in the works.

Mr. Shupe was correct, the Windows 10 update has rendered Gmax almost useless. The software has lost many functions and exporting causes numerous crashes. This has slowed my progress tremendously.

The good news:

The F7F-3 is basically ready, with only small details to punch out. The new pilot figure is being fitted to the cockpit and nearing completion.

I've been working intensively on the paint kit which will cover all variants. Each variant is different and requires its own bump maps, spec maps and textures which requires quite a bit of attention.
    All of the components are nearly ready for release.

As Mr. Shupe stated, If I can negotiate the Win10 upgrade without further complications we should be looking at a release in a matter of days.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Good news indeed Gordon
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

As Mr. Shupe stated, If I can negotiate the Win10 upgrade without further complications we should be looking at a release in a matter of days.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

Thought I'd bump this thread, since hadn't seen anything on this in almost two weeks. any news?

Thought I'd bump this thread, since hadn't seen anything on this in almost two weeks. any news?
    Thanks for your interest ND.

******** had to leave his home for a while as he was in a steady stream of smoke from the fires out West for some time making quality of life very substandard.
    I'm certain he will pop in when he returns.

The -3 beta has gone well and I believe the issues are now resolved and ready for packaging for release but he had no choice but to bail out for a while.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

wow,i hope all is well,we caught the smoke from the "butte" fire and "valley" fire all at once,was so smokey here for about 7 days we couldnt go outside.....theres a garage directly behind me..maybe 25ft,and i couldnt see it for three days...was nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks for your interest ND.

******** had to leave his home for a while as he was in a steady stream of smoke from the fires out West for some time making quality of life very substandard.
    I'm certain he will pop in when he returns.

The -3 beta has gone well and I believe the issues are now resolved and ready for packaging for release but he had no choice but to bail out for a while.

Lets do another bump to keep this active. Haven't seen anything from Gman for awhile, so I hope all is well.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Lets do another bump to keep this active. Haven't seen anything from Gman for awhile, so I hope all is well.
    Milton explained the situation in the post above yours, I think Gman deserves our sympathy and understanding over his real world difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Milton explained the situation in the post above yours, I think Gman deserves our sympathy and understanding over his real world difficulties.
    Amen to that - hope all is well after fires and W10 (tried it, ditched it). Looking forward to painting this amazing piece of freeware in all sorts of 'what if' guises It's a lot better than many a payware offering!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Milton's post was several days ago, and there was no update on his situation. I am concerned as well, so no need to misread my post.
    -- WH

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your posts and concerns. I really appreciate it.

Looks like five years of 100 hour work weeks, eight weeks of intense fire smoke and a few other contributors finally got the best of me. I finally had to leave KMMH to get away from the Rabbit Brush and fire smoke. For about ten days I was extremely toxic and the body did what it does best...it went about flushing out the nasty bits, the hard way.

Upon sound advice, I went out the coast (KMRY) and took the time to re-build myself following the physical crash. After I returned to Crowley Lake, I took another week doing absolutely nothing.

I'm back to full song and working to finalize the F7F-3 and get the entire package out to everyone. This last check ride should shake out the last tiny glitches that may pop up.

Feel free to post up any questions you may have now that I'm able to communicate.

Gman
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Don't know how long you've been on the job but those were frequently my hours for many years. I know what they can do to you, I'm sporting the pacemaker and defib as little souvenirs. We are glad to see you've triumphed over your difficulties and are glad to see you are whole again.

Glad to hear you're feeling better GMAN. Just out of curiosity, do you ever head down to Rainbow Canyon, just north of 190, to watch the fighter jets go screaming through what they refer to as the Jedi Transition? There's some great video on youtube. The F-16's are the fastest, but they don't get down as low as some of those F/A-18s do.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the FSX native -3 Tigercat in the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Don't know how long you've been on the job but those were frequently my hours for many years.....
    Me too, except a bout with pneumonia and blood sepsis at the same time, put me out of work for about a year, and put an end to that life style. After 15 years I've work my way back up to a 30 hour work week.....

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Glad to hear you're feeling better GMAN. Just out of curiosity, do you ever head down to Rainbow Canyon, just north of 190, to watch the fighter jets go screaming through what they refer to as the Jedi Transition? There's some great video on youtube. The F-16's are the fastest, but they don't get down as low as some of those F/A-18s do.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the FSX native -3 Tigercat in the upcoming weeks.
    Real story:

That is one of my favorite rides in springtime, especially if there has been abundant water. A few years ago I was riding cleanup with a group of about 15 bikes. I wear ear plugs, but out of nowhere I heard this huge whoosh. I checked my six, expecting to see a Freightliner filling the mirror, but right at that moment I looked up to see an F/A-18 light the burners and go vertical. This guy must have loved bikers and thought it would be fun to give us a cardiac. I'd put his altitude at 100' AGL when he lit the burners.

Another time I was four-wheeling up in Papoose Flats, about 60 miles north of Rainbow and another F-18 came up over the mountain top, rolled inverted and did a 6G pull back down the other side of the mountain.

We are about 70 miles from Fallon, and about the same from Nellis Test Range, so I get lots of traffic when I head over to the White Mountains.

Right here in Crowley Lake we have the Owens Gorge. It's way too tight for jets, but perfect for something fast and nimble. When I publish my KMMH and KBIH scenery packages you will be able to give it a go.
    Thomas Jefferson

Glad to hear things are on the mend, Gman.
    -- WH

GMan, glad to hear things are getting better for you!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

@ Gordon et al:

has anyone tried to run GMAX in a WinXP VM under Win10? I know that sounds a bit over the top but it would keep certain old applications useable. We scenery designers have a similar problem with SBuilderX 64, which has problems exporting sceneries under native Win10.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    @ Gordon et al:

has anyone tried to run GMAX in a WinXP VM under Win10? I know that sounds a bit over the top but it would keep certain old applications useable. We scenery designers have a similar problem with SBuilderX 64, which has problems exporting sceneries under native Win10.

Cheers,
    Mark
    I haven't tried that setup, but my number two box that runs my nav and weather is still Win7. I can always fall back to that box for GMAX. SBuilderX 64 seems quirky in Win10 for me too. I get a lot of memory crashes that require I re-boot the program each time I want to work with a specific file. I'm hoping that these glitches will smooth out as MS refines Win 10.

The F7F Tigercat was Gmax when I got the files from Mr. Shupe and I debated converting the models to 3DS Max prior to doing the native conversion. That would have entailed quite a bit of work re-doing animations and other bits, but having dealt with the Win 10/Gmax compatibility issues for a few hundred hours now, I think the 3DS Max route may have proven to be less aggravating.

One thing I'm noticing with my scenery development, specifically buildings, is that Prepar3D seems to have a challenge displaying buildings with two sets of walls. The exterior and interior walls can sometimes flicker as if the walls were superimposed on each other, even if there is adequate space to eliminate the anomaly. I'm actually re-building my hangars and support buildings for KMMH, KRNO and KBIH using 3DS Max. I'm using the actual wall function to build walls that can take an external and internal texture. This cures the anomalies I've had with my Gmax buildings.

I realize that Max is a big investment for many developers, but I made the decision to step up simply to preserve my sanity. lol
    Thomas Jefferson

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Glad that you are on the way up, GMan!

Blog Entries
    F7F-3T Update

I'm still limiting my computer time but the F7F-3 set and Tanker are nearly ready to release. Only some beta tests when the tanker is done.

I thought you all would appreciate some shots of the tanker WIP. She is nearly ready, only some work in the VC and connecting switching for the drops.
    I'll release two skins for this model, a metal skin as shown and a non polished base metal skin for ready for paints.

As you can see, she is looking magnificent in P3Dv3.

Prepar3Dv3.0 | OPUS Real Time Weather | Rex4 TD & Soft Clouds | KMMH HD Scenery WIP by ********

Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 6