F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Gman 5250

Awesome GMAN thank you,

Took this beauty out for another spin around my local airport today and decided to point the nose upwards to get above some clouds, as I approached the 10,000 ft level I began to loose engine power for no reason.Throttles were wide open during the climb out.

Made several attempts, have I missed something in the notes ?

Cheers for now

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The lights should operate independently via the switches on the lower panel or standard hotkeys. I'm curious, are you running OPUS or EzDok and using custom key assignments, or possibly controller hot keys?
    I think Milton is right, the nav and landing lights are tied together in the model. I can't get one without the other no matter where I do it from.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Awesome GMAN thank you,

Took this beauty out for another spin around my local airport today and decided to point the nose upwards to get above some clouds, as I approached the 10,000 ft level I began to loose engine power for no reason.Throttles were wide open during the climb out.

Made several attempts, have I missed something in the notes ?

Cheers for now
    The plane is very mixture sensitive. Climbing on full rich will choke the engines shortly after takeoff, especially if your airport is at altitude.

Lean your mixture, listen for RPM to come up then continue to gradually lean her out as you gain altitude. I tend to lean the engines until RPM begins to fall off slightly, then nudge slightly rich. This will become critical once you are above FL20.

The Tigercat has a fantastic rate of climb, but holding high MAP would only be utilized in Emergency War Power conditions. Try to climb at a rate where you are in the yellow bar, around 37 MAP. She will make FL30 fairly easily at these settings, but she does need attention. It makes for interesting flying.

Of course, keep your cowl flaps slightly open during the entire climbout. The Tigercat cooled very efficiently, so you won't need much cowl air flow at a reasonable rate of climb.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Just had a look at this. The nav lights do work on their own when using the panel switches. However.. if you turn them off using the switch then turn the landing lights on (again, using the switch).. a quick check outside shows the nav's have come back on again. This shouldn't really be an issue as you wouldn't put the landing lights on without the nav's being on but the LL's do operate the nav's on the model.

Tested on the runway with wings down
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The plane is very mixture sensitive. Climbing on full rich will choke the engines shortly after takeoff, especially if your airport is at altitude.

Lean your mixture, listen for RPM to come up then continue to lean her out as you gain altitude. I tend to lean the engines until RPM begins to fall off slightly, then nudge slightly rich. This will become critical once you are above FL20. Keep your cowl flaps slightly open during the entire climbout.
    I'II give it a try.... what switch do I hit to open the cowl flaps ?

Caught!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    That is Fantastic!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

.... good to go, huge difference !!

Thank you GMAN.

PS - figured out the cowl flaps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    I'II give it a try.... what switch do I hit to open the cowl flaps ?
    Hotkeys:
    Ctrl+Shift+C=Close
    Ctrl+Shift+V=Open

I assign the switches to my controllers, but the hotkeys work just as well.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Caught!

Brilliant screenshot, which ship would that be?

The Tigercat is a phenomenal aerobatic display performer, and a number of the Tigercats flying today have smoke systems installed for airshow aerobatic performances. If you are interested in adding smoke systems to the Tigercat in the sim, add this section to the Aircraft.cfg file, replacing the existing smoke entry (which already comes canceled out). These coordinates have been specifically matched to the model.

[smokesystem]
    smoke.0 = 3.822, -9.622, -.102, fx_smoke_w
    smoke.1 = 3.822, 9.622, -.102, fx_smoke_w

I saw a Tigercat fly at Oshkosh a couple years ago. It was awesome! So is this brilliant work by Gman, Milton and their team. Allow me to add my thanks to the multitude.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   2015-8-24_22-3-14-428.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    One of the things I tend to do when doing a manual engine start in FSX (if it is just a straight FSX-coded model), is select the engine (E+1 or E+2), and then press M, selecting the magneto, and holding the + key down, which will both move the magneto switch to 'both', and also will act as the starter after the mag switch is at 'both' - as long as you hold the + key down, the starter will be held on and the engine should ignite as long as electrical power is on and mixture is fed-in.
    This keys combination works for me (switches from VC not), thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    USS Shangri-La ; ) .

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...rriers&x=0&y=0

"Midway Aircraft Carriers".

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

What? No flaps on that shot ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Great job, Milt, Gman, and team.

Looking forward to flying this lots - a great project.

thanks,

dl

Carrier quals on the CV-21 USS Boxer

image sharing sites
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Simply love the screens EXPAT/YOYO

This keys combination works for me (switches from VC not), thanks a lot!
    Could get neither the keys combination nor the start switches to work. Only Ctrl + E + 1, 2. In other instances this is due to the starter torque not being increased sufficiently from the setting used in the FS9 model to work in FSX, but I have not had time to experiment.

USS Shangri-La ; ) .
    You sure about that? That Essex class boat (CV-38) came well after the cv's in the Midway package.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Caught!

OK - I have been doing the carrier thing for a long time but never thought the arresting wire was actually animated so you could see it engage the hook like it appears here?! Is this something unique to Yanco's carriers? Or has this been P-shopped? Great picture in any case!

@expat.
    As You see, the screen was edited :].

but a brilliant screenie anyway, thank you!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ah, I see now - naturally think it was the TEXT in a post that has been edited when it says "EDITED". Anyway, even as a an edited screenie, it is impressive! Not sure how you did it but it looks incredibly real.

Possible cover .

The answer for the question what is a scenery: Marianas 1945 of Stovall.

Wonderful!!

Members who have read this thread: 5