F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Blog Entries
    Just an update for everyone.

FSX & P3D Native F7F-3 Tanker

The FSX, FSX ST and P3D versions up to and including 2.5 have all of the animation bugs worked out for the drop doors. P3Dv3.1 has some issues, basically dumping the entire load, rather than four separate drops.

I'm doing some final tweaks on the working versions. Watch for a release in the next day or two.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thanks G,

Looks like a winner

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Just an update for everyone.

FSX & P3D Native F7F-3 Tanker

The FSX, FSX ST and P3D versions up to and including 2.5 have all of the animation bugs worked out for the drop doors. P3Dv3.1 has some issues, basically dumping the entire load, rather than four separate drops.

I'm doing some final tweaks on the working versions. Watch for a release in the next day or two.

Working on that little animation problem with drop door #four. Now that the "Boss" is out of my hair I'm full time on the tanker. Almost there.

That belly is about to touch the tarmac... Looking forward to the last model and fine work put into this project

Thank you, gman and team

DC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVY DOC View Post
    Bump, with anticipation.

We've got the FSX and P3D, up to 2.5 airplanes working correctly. The gentleman who is working out the code for the 3.0 and 3.1 versions is dealing with a glitch that drops the entire load, rather than four separate loads.

I'd prefer to release a version that works in all of the simulators, but it may be a case of LM needing to tweak something on their end. If that is the case, I'll release the version that does work up to 2.5 and subsequently release the 3.0 & 3.1 version as a separate airplane.

Hope that helps. I can't believe that one door could gobble up so many man hours.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Just checking in, to see how she;s coming along

Icon23

I can't hold my breath any longer. Someone else will have to take over.

All in good fun. Looking forward to the release.

Thanks for all the time and effort,
    S.

Blog Entries
    I can't hold my breath any longer. Someone else will have to take over.

All in good fun. Looking forward to the release.

Thanks for all the time and effort,
    S.
    Back in the day, I could hold my breath for three minutes and swim two lengths of an Olympic pool underwater...but I was sixteen.

Update:
    All versions of the tanker are functioning, but the Prepar3D 3.0 airplane is plagued by a bug that is on LM's end. They are looking at the bug now.
    The team came up with a work around for the 3.0 bird, but that will require a code tweak or patch when the bug is fixed.

The FSX, FSX ST and P3D 2.5 and lower are good to go now. If you want only those versions, PM me and I'll set you up with those models.
    I don't really want to publicly release the tanker package without all versions being 100%.

Hope everyone understands.
    Thomas Jefferson

Back in the day, I could hold my breath for three minutes and swim two lengths of an Olympic pool underwater...but I was sixteen.
    Gordo , even sixteen .. come to think eighteen I could not even swim ... I now have this cunning plan ... get thrown into the pool again or ocean or a lake ... sink to the bottom then make a long walk till the shallows appear.

Hadn't seen anything on this in a while thought I'd keep it alive.

S.

Thanks for keeping this alive. I've been meaning to ask if a revised PK was ever released but I forgot when this dropped off the page

EDIT: Not for the tanker btw.. for the other models.

ATB
    DaveB

Anyone......., Anyone..........., Class..........., Anyone.........., Bueller......Bueller........, ..........., Anyone.

Anyone......., Anyone..........., Class..........., Anyone.........., Bueller......Bueller........, ..........., Anyone.
    Held hostage by LM 3.0 bug? Seems to have died on the vine sadly while everyone else has moved on. Maybe release it for everyone for P3Dv2.5 and below, and with a P3Dv3 note.??? Who knows if that will ever get corrected to ones satisfaction and if so, may require further changes. IMO, release it and focus forward but this is Gordon's decision, not mine.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

It will work in P3D v3.x using an alternate aircraft.cfg to put the drop gauge into P3D v3.x mode. In P3D v3.x mode the only difference is the actual drop weight is not simulated, that's all. Haven't heard a peep from LM since I sent them a "test kit" for them to use for debugging on 2/25/16. If they ever fix it all the end user would have to do is revert back to the original aircraft.cfg, of course adding any repaint entries that were put in the v3.x .cfg.

As Milton said, it's Gordon's decision.
    Roman

Blog Entries
    My apologies for my absence. I've been working on the re-model and making preparations to move. I've recovered from the near fatal medical mistake(s) that had me down for the last six months, so my work will be more consistent from this point forward.

I'm in agreement with Mr. Shupe and Roman, waiting for the remedy from LM may prove to be frustrating for all involved. I'll upload the packages as they are now...one for FSX/Prepar3D up to 2.5, and another for Prepar3Dv3 which has the mods that make the fire drop usable with the codicil that the .cfg will need mods once the fix arrives from LM.

Probably need to throw together a video as well, but that will take a few days. Also, I'll tidy up the PK and upload.
    Thomas Jefferson

Good to have you back gman Hope you can recover complete !

All the Best

Dirk

good to hear you are OK, looking forward to this and the new C-47 textures
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Great! I've been looking forward to this one to complete the set. I'm a P3D 3.2 user and definitely agree, it's far better to have a version available now even if it will involve a minor .cfg change later on.

Welcome back Gman, glad to hear of your recovery.

Blog Entries

Thomas Jefferson

Good to hear Gordon!
    Health before Hobby.
    Roman

G!!....i had no idea that you were sick...and a near fatal medical mistake(s)?...omg...id like to ask what happened,but you'd have told us already...im just glad yer back on the mend,sorry that happened to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    G!!....i had no idea that you were sick...and a near fatal medical mistake(s)?...omg...id like to ask what happened,but you'd have told us already...im just glad yer back on the mend,sorry that happened to you.
    Without going on a rant...

I wasn't really sick, more like statistically abused.

I don't do Western medicine, pharmaceuticals, recreational drugs, smokes, dip or alcohol...period. In a momentary lapse of reason, and at the suggestion of a "medical professional", I was prescribed an industrial strength pseudo-antibiotic to deal with an immune system over-reaction to sage pollen compounded by six weeks of smoke/agricultural & geo-engineering chemical inhalation from the CA fires last Autumn. Within 12 hours I was in serious trouble with massive blood clotting from the prescribed remedy. I could go on with statistics about medical errors killing three quarters of a million people per year, but it's rather pointless, as the stats speak for themselves.

I spent six months injecting myself with sodium...sea water at $125.00 per syringe twice a day...doing blood draws once a week, and then living on Coumadin (what a joy) to dissolve the Anacondas that had spontaneously taken up residence in my femoral arteries.

However...old bikers are rather difficult to dispose of, so I'm still here to share my humble offerings with you good folks.

Thanks for asking big guy...

BTW...the hospital continues to bill me for the thousands of $$$ that were required to "repair" their blunder. No apologies...just mindless demands for CA$H. Big shout out to Pfizer...KMA.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Back to the point...

I uploaded the two packages for the F7F tanker. One for FSX and P3D up to 2.5 and the other for P3D 3.0 and up.

For some reason, one of the packages ended up in the FSX skins area, but I'm sure admin will catch that and re-locate it to its intended location.

I'll be monitoring the thread to take any questions that may pop up.

Enjoy...
    Thomas Jefferson

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Glad that you are back again, gman! It must have been a frightening experience. And i suppose the aftermath is not easy either, getting the financials sorted out. Best of luck, and I hope you can enjoy simming and the other good things of life once again.

...A bit late to the party

Hi guys,

I just downloaded gman's 'La Patrona' repaint. Congrats on a wonderful job Gordon, Milton et al. ! This one is yet another beauty ! Can't wait to see the revised VC, Gordon.

The questions I have are :
    1) How to get the second pilot to show in 'La Patrona' ? Mine only shows one (rear seat is empty), yet here Gordon's pics show 2 ? (see p.9 post #202 here in this thread)
    2) Is there any way of copying the pilot uniforms and helmets in 'La Patrona' for use in the other F7F models by Milton Shupe and company ?

Thank-you, again for a great aircraft !
    MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 6