Milton Shupe Harpoon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton Shupe Harpoon

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Milton Shupe Harpoon

First, Does Milton Shupe have a CFS2 website? I downloaded his PV-2 Harpoon, but I don't have FS2009. I converted it to CFS2. I like flying it around, but the baydoors will not open with the CFS2 key or the FS2009 one in my conversion (The Ai-Harpoon version). I am using VW's Hudson air file and DP as a guide.

Does anyone know how to fix the bay doors? If Milton is going to submit a CFS2 version of the Harpoon, please let me know? I hope he will.

Braveheart (Mack)

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart77521 View Post
    First, Does Milton Shupe have a CFS2 website? I downloaded his PV-2 Harpoon, but I don't have FS2009. I converted it to CFS2. I like flying it around, but the baydoors will not open with the CFS2 key or the FS2009 one in my conversion (The Ai-Harpoon version). I am using VW's Hudson air file and DP as a guide.

Does anyone know how to fix the bay doors? If Milton is going to submit a CFS2 version of the Harpoon, please let me know? I hope he will.

Braveheart (Mack)
    Hi Mack, thanks for your interest in the Harpoon. (BTW, a PV-1 Vega Ventura is close to beta now), I released 2 models ready for conversion to CFS about 2 years ago I think. Someone here did the conversion.

The current models have changed a bit and I will certainly make the gmax source available, or tweak the FS2004 models to make for easy conversions. Just tell me what you need.
    The new model is pretty poly heavy in its current state and will need to be stripped out for CFS2 use. Some animations need to be changed, some eliminated, and munitions and hardpoints removed or eliminated, tailwheel may need to be changed, etc.

I do not have a CFS website as I only develop for FS2004. I am always open to accommodating a CFS2 conversion or making the gmax source available for those who can do the changes to make conversions easier.

The bombay/torpedo doors use the shift+e+2 cargo door sequence in FS9.

But, you may be better off using the already converted models. Someone here can speak to that better than I can.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Mack & Milt,

I've put some time into the dgh model from Milton's recent release. Everything is ok except for the gear animation. I haven't progressed that far yet.
    The crew was removed for replacement figures via dp. I was thinking of something of the 1940's vintage, pilot and co-pilot.

Give me a little more time and we'll see what evolves.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi Mack & Milt,

I've put some time into the dgh model from Milton's recent release. Everything is ok except for the gear animation. I haven't progressed that far yet.
    The crew was removed for replacement figures via dp. I was thinking of something of the 1940's vintage, pilot and co-pilot.

Give me a little more time and we'll see what evolves.

Dave
    That's looking great to me Dave. If you need anything from me, just give me a shout.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Dave

I am working from Milt's ai Harpoon and Gavin Cole's conversion. I've adjusted the gears in my conversion , but the bay doors don't work. However, Cole's conversion allows the bay doors to open, but there is no VC. Is there a way to have a basic VC for CFS2. I am also working on a panel for cfs2 for the Harpoon. Like the C-46 conversion, Cfs2 isn't fond of the Sperry autopilot, so I am working around it. I also found that using the glasst from Milton's A-26 gives clearer windows.

Let me know if you solved the bay door problem.

Braveheart (Mack)

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart77521 View Post
    Dave

I am working from Milt's ai Harpoon and Gavin Cole's conversion. I've adjusted the gears in my conversion , but the bay doors don't work. However, Cole's conversion allows the bay doors to open, but there is no VC. Is there a way to have a basic VC for CFS2. I am also working on a panel for cfs2 for the Harpoon. Like the C-46 conversion, Cfs2 isn't fond of the Sperry autopilot, so I am working around it. I also found that using the glasst from Milton's A-26 gives clearer windows.

Let me know if you solved the bay door problem.

Braveheart (Mack)
    Attached is the AI Harpoon I did back in May by request for CFS2.

I have added a stripped out VC.
    I have attached textures needed for the VC and interior. You will need to downsize them and put in a more efficient format for CFS2.
    I left in all the VC animations so if you need adjustments like removing any interior animations and setting things differently, let me know.

Milton Shupe
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Attached is the AI Harpoon I did back in May by request for CFS2.

I have added a stripped out VC.
    I have attached textures needed for the VC and interior. You will need to downsize them and put in a more efficient format for CFS2.
    I left in all the VC animations so if you need adjustments like removing any interior animations and setting things differently, let me know.

Milton Shupe
    Ok. I understand now. Was a little confused there Mack. I didn't see this file from May that Milton attached. Thanks Milt.
    If this is the one you're referring to I give her a shot and see what's inside.

Dave

Hi Mack,

Here's one for you to test. Bay doors should work with the spoiler key.

Question Reply...

Dave and Milton,

Is the model multi-lod?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Dave and Milton,

Is the model multi-lod?
    Rami,

Unfortunately, no. Anyone with the skills and time who wishes to take that on, the gmax source is freely available.

Just ask.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Dear Milton

To open the bomb bay at CFS2 it needs to be linked at the spoiler key or the tailhook keys. It needs also an adjustment at the airfile's 320, 327 and 1101 entries.

Cheers

Pepe

A liittle wishing list, Milton Schupe

What about a B-28? It was a terrific what if...

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    To open the bomb bay at CFS2 it needs to be linked at the spoiler key or the tailhook keys. It needs also an adjustment at the airfile's 320, 327 and 1101 entries.

Cheers

Pepe
    I would be happy to do that. Is there a preference?

Are there any other changes needed for example to VC animations, or setting anything at center of animation before removing, tailwheel animation, landing light changed to flaps animation?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Generally

CFS2 don't accept VC animations but can use PILOT animations... It didn't use any other light settings but panel ones. It's very important to remember NOT to use bombs and rockets at the model. We need CLEAN planes.

Cheers

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    CFS2 don't accept VC animations but can use PILOT animations... It didn't use any other light settings but panel ones. It's very important to remember NOT to use bombs and rockets at the model. We need CLEAN planes.

Cheers

Pepe
    Okay, no hardpoints either I presume.

You did not answer my questions above:

"Are there any other changes needed for example to VC animations (what positions do you want the yoke, levers set in when animations are removed, etc), or setting anything at center of animation before removing, tail wheel animation: currently is castoring: how do you want that handled?, landing light deployment animation: changed to flaps animation?" Or should I remove landing lights? How about guns? in the turret, remove? Nose? Tail?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yoke needs to be set to center center, levers many need to be set and closed or open. Some could be set to landing gear. Moving landing light need to be set to key-ed flaps. The moving tail wheel may work in CFS2.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Yoke needs to be set to center center, levers many need to be set and closed or open. Some could be set to landing gear. Moving landing light need to be set to key-ed flaps. The moving tail wheel may work in CFS2.
    Thanks Allen; yoke has been set; landing lights set to animate with gear deployment.

Tail wheel: if deflection set to <45 degrees should work.

How about those guns-turret, nose,chin, tail?

How about trim tabs for elevator, rudder? Remove animations/center?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Dear Milton,

Possibly set rudder trim tabs to neutral if it is possible for CFS2.

Thanks,

voyager

The c_wheel that animates the taill wheel so that it moves with the rudder when on the ground seems to work as I when I converted the FS2004 MC205s by Manuele Villa they all worked fine. FS2004 MC205 c_wheel starts as time 100 with no degrees (it is in-line with the tail) and is rotated clockwise 360 and ends at time 200.

I'm not sure if MDLC changes the c_wheel to a rudder key but I don't think it dose as I don't know of any user animated rudder key that works in CFS2 and when the gear is up turing the rudder dosen't cause the tail wheel to come out of the sides.

Never tested if any of the trim tabs keys work in CFS2. I would set them to neutral. Set all of the guns at a neutral spot.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Dear Milton,

Possibly set rudder trim tabs to neutral if it is possible for CFS2.

Thanks,

voyager
    Yes, that will be done, thank you. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Some other odd things for CFS2. CFS2 doen't like *_tire_blurred, *_tire_slow, *_tire_still set up best to just use *_tire. Also all user animiated parts show on the exterior model must be included in the interior or some parts will fail to move. You can change the complex parts not seen in the interior to simple a plane, box, tube, etc.

The c_wheel that animates the taill wheel so that it moves with the rudder when on the ground seems to work as I when I converted the FS2004 MC205s by Manuele Villa they all worked fine. FS2004 MC205 c_wheel starts as time 100 with no degrees (it is in-line with the tail) and is rotated clockwise 360 and ends at time 200.

I'm not sure if MDLC changes the c_wheel to a rudder key but I don't think it dose as I don't know of any user animated rudder key that works in CFS2 and when the gear is up turing the rudder dosen't cause the tail wheel to come out of the sides.

Never tested if any of the trim tabs keys work in CFS2. I would set them to neutral. Set all of the guns at a neutral spot.
    It seems that I left them as c_wheel in past conversion setups and they work as they do in FS9 when the contact point is set for a <45 degree deflection/rotation.

I am removing all guns, rockets, torpedoes and hard points; trim tabs set to neutral. Drop tanks eliminated; yokes neutralized; ECU levers disabled at idle, prop fine, mixture rich. tail-wheel unlocked, carb heat off, parking brake off, rudder pedals neutral, windows closed, all switches off, trim wheels set to neutral, flaps lever up, gear lever up.

Anything else?

EDIT: Oh yes, what about cowl flaps? Shall I leave them animated, or left closed?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

cowl flaps can use cowling_#. This is the only key for cowl flaps that work and both engine with use cowling_# and this means whne you open the cowl flaps for engine 1 they will open on engine 2 as well. Just name all of the cowl flaps cowling_,1 cowling_2, cowling_3, .etc tell they are all named.

Some other odd things for CFS2. CFS2 doen't like *_tire_blurred, *_tire_slow, *_tire_still set up best to just use *_tire. Also all user animiated parts show on the exterior model must be included in the interior or some parts will fail to move. You can change the complex parts not seen in the interior to simple a plane, box, tube, etc.
    Tires are set correctly; thanks. The other items ... will see.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I am removing all guns, rockets, torpedoes and hard points...Anything else?
    Hey Milton,

Since you're taking requests on this, i'm thinking that the turret guns and hard points might prove useful.

Thanks

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Members who have read this thread: 1