Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon Fire Tanker - FSX Port Over

Thread: Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon Fire Tanker - FSX Port Over

Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon Fire Tanker - FSX Port Over

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FS2004 Designed, FSX Port Over Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon Fire Tanker v1.2

by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Scott Thomas, Hans Naegele, Nigel Richards, Matt Wynn. Pilot figures by Jan Visser. Special thanks to Rachael "Firekitten" Whiteford for helping us get to the finish line with textures, and DangerousDave26 for assistance in retardant drop issues.

Pkg incl 1 model, a custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom FSX Flight Model, and 2 liveries.

Matt's Red/Yellow paint scheme has a small issue around the air intakes. When we get that corrected, I will post the fix in this description. The paint scheme is too beautiful to not include it.

Milton Shupe
    August 14, 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon Fire Tanker - FSX Port Over
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

FSX Only Lockheed Harpoon Fire Tanker Model update with a small file to replace your model folder.

This archive has been updated to correct some "clickability" issues as of Aug 15, 2015. If you downloaded before this date, you need the following model folder update:

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...del.tanker.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

If you would like additional camera views for FSX, see this post:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post973553
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This May or May NOT affect you but if your tank doors do not open to do proper drops, read on.

For those of you who downloaded the Harpoon Fire Tanker, I found an issue that was preventing the tanks door from opening and retardant to be dropped.

In the aircraft,cfg Smokesystem section, comment out the smoke.0 line as shown:

[smokesystem]
    //smoke.0 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant //Remove or comment out for FSX
    smoke.1 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.2 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.3 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.4 = 1, 0, -4, fx_MS_fire_retardant

After that fix, you will be able to bring up the Control window (shift+4), and select the doors in order: Door 1, Door 2, Door 3, Door 4 to release 200 gals per door.

Close the 2 doors by clicking Door 1 and 2 when done.

My apologies for this oversight.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0