John Young released his AI F-15Cs F-15Ds and F-15Es
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Young released his AI F-15Cs F-15Ds and F-15Es

John Young released his AI F-15Cs F-15Ds and F-15Es

Another splendid set of native FSX AI models from John Young has been released on AVSIM today. Thanks John!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dusk1_zpsjkslobej.jpg  

Wow! Looking really good.
    We definitely need more native FSX AIs that don't kill FPS like the FS9 portovers.
    They are in a lot of need... I know MAIW considered of reverting to FSX from FS9
    AI model making, but I don't know the final decisions...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Blog Entries
    Even though "teen" military jets aren't generally my cup of tea, I have to applaud John Young for his breadth of work. From WWII birds to Hunters, Buccs, Phantoms, to later birds - his work is superb, and covers many genres. How he manages to get so much detail at so little performance hit is astounding - all the more so when you couple his work with ACG sceneries, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Wow! Looking really good.
    We definitely need more native FSX AIs that don't kill FPS like the FS9 portovers.
    They are in a lot of need... I know MAIW considered of reverting to FSX from FS9
    AI model making, but I don't know the final decisions...
    As of the last "poll" / discussion they had, the consensus remains FS9 with possible FSX conversions/options - but not likely a fullscale retargeting to FSX.

No worries, though; between JY and Micheal Pearson (whose FS9 models port over very well,) my cup runs over, from the standpoint of mil AI.

Kudos JY!!

dl

Thanks John, very nice!

I'm trying to make a flyable aircraft (with Dino's F-14 VC) but the canopy stays open and the control surface are frozen... Maybe it's made on purpose, so that these AI aircrafts can't be converted to something else? Any clue?

That should be related to the .xml code JY used to have the advanced AI animations (RBF flags, extinguisher, etc).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

not to mention John Young used to and probably still makes excellent scenery for FS. I remember his superb RAF Mildenhall scenery.

The included paint kit is easy to use; made a late 1970's 32nd TFS F-15A retro paint for the NL2000 Soesterberg EHSB scenery:

Does anybody by chance have some flightplans/traffic files for these? I am no good with flightplans myself...

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Montie, attached a traffic flightplan for RAF Lakenheath:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow..

Bagged a copy of that too Henk.. cheers
    ATB
    DaveB

Thank you Henk! Will try it out tomorrow.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Yes! Thank you!

It would be good for the Soesterberg package
    Possible?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Yes! Thank you!
    It would be good for the Soesterberg package
    Possible?
    Zsolt
    Yes, I am (slowly) working on a Soesterberg 32nd TFS retro traffic pack, once finished (don't ask me when) I might do some 36th TFW Bitburg Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Yes, I am (slowly) working on a Soesterberg 32nd TFS retro traffic pack, once finished (don't ask me when) I might do some 36th TFW Bitburg Eagles.

Sounds good!

Thanks again!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

ACG - RAF Woodbridge AB 53rd TFS

New skin pack by John Young

Soon the Avsim:

FS9
    JYAI_F15_A_B_FS9_1.zip

FSX
    JYAI_F15_A_B_FSX_1.zip

More than just a skin pack, there's 2 new FSX native AI models included! F-15A and F-15B:

Scenery: Diego Garcia photoreal by Tiberius Kowalski (Simviation)

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    ... the canopy stays open and the control surface are frozen... Any clue?
    Turn the lights on!

My USAFE retro paints pack is now available on AVSIM.

John makes such great ai... looks realistic without hitting performance. Just makes me realize how much we need an native fsx f15 single seater that we can fly... such a great looking aeroplane. I'm amazed no developer has done one prior to now.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    My USAFE retro paints pack is now available on AVSIM.

Thank you!

Which is the right Bitburg base at FSX?

Zsolt

Zsolt, I use Michael Wood's FS9 Bitburg scenery + the update by Hartwig Ullrich (details are in the README.txt file I included with my AVSIM upload). There is a FSX/P3D scenery by Günter Kraemer on Flightport but I have not tried it yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0