Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I'm not from Oz, but found it humorous. So where in the update is the free beer?
    I'm from South Georgia and I got it. I guess some people just don't appreciate a dry sense of humor. It sure helps to keep the blood pressure down.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Shylock View Post
    I've sent the email there too and also on the contact section as well as sending one to bazzar@aeroplaneheaven.com. I'll resend them again. Thanks for the heavy sarcasm and professionalism...
    ummm...I don't see anything sarcastic - just a few quips about beer and puppies...and a reference to yet another half arsed sports game that non 'mericans think is cool.. but 'tisn't...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2021
    Thank you for the advice on operating the engine cowl flaps. Holding down the left mouse button on the switch, then using the scroll wheel, opens and closes them in increments.

I don't want to drop bombs thank you. As a young boy growing up just south of London, I lived in fear of German bombs dropping on a daily basis. Many a night spent trembling in my bed, and I have to tell you, it aint funny!

Den.

Puppies frolicking together in a field of daises is impossible. One, have you ever seen an actual field of daises? Its way to high for puppies to see one another to frolick. Two, you'd have to drink a lot of beer just to be able to sit through and watch a game of Rugby....

Just so folks are clear, I did not take his post as offensive or rude. I thought it was rather witty.

dvj, that is a gob-smackingly beautiful screenie.

A much better composition IMO. Great offering guys. The new HP textures and overall appearance is much appreciated. I wonder if someone will create a new set of prop discs? These? well, I am not warming up to them.

SOH-CM-2023
    I am hoping that one of you repainters will locate a B-17F named "Brewery Wagon" or "Beer Barrel" or "Miller Time" or something like that and paint it --- because I want the free beer !!!!!

SOH-CM-2023
    Oh, well, "Brewery Wagon" was a B-24D (41-24294) shot down on the 8/1/43 Ploesti raid.

http://warbirds.wikia.com/wiki/B-24D_%28Brewery_Wagon%29_41-24294

Yes, agree that beer would be good....

I think "Brewery Wagon" was actually a B-24D shot down in Operation Tidal Wave - Ploiesti (Ploesti, older spelling) - 376th BG. Remember seeing pictures of it from some book in WW2 collection when I was a kid. New set of "clothes" really enhances the AH B-17F. Agree about the prop disks, though. Something seems to be missing there for me.

Bill

EDIT see someone beat me to it!!!

Workin on the props. The texture used for the side prop effect makes for the venetian blind effect sorry to say.

If you want to lose the "venetian" effect you can quite easily but it means no dimension to the side view. In the texture folder you will find a file called prop_blurbody_t and if I remember correctly we also included the PSD file for it too. Just reduce the alpha to solid black and the venetians will disappear. Can't say the same for the Romans or the Greeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Can't say the same for the Romans or the Greeks though.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2023

Icon23

If you want to lose the "venetian" effect you can quite easily but it means no dimension to the side view. In the texture folder you will find a file called prop_blurbody_t and if I remember correctly we also included the PSD file for it too. Just reduce the alpha to solid black and the venetians will disappear. Can't say the same for the Romans or the Greeks though.
    Great job on the v1.1 update, Baz. I'm also keeping the original. Who knows, it could command $10,000 in the collectibles market 10 years from now.

Seriously liking this B-17F , last night, could not help myself and "TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH" was the must to watch ! after a flight

Fresnel_ramp is the word, Baz..

I know Javis, I know...it is damned tricky but we will get there.

Paintkit problem

I have been flying this for a week or so now and it is great. I have a specific repaint I want to do but have had no luck at all with the paintkit. I have done a lot of repainting of the A2A B17 with no problems for the 91st BG where I am a member. Now that my "Bomb Boogie" can be done on an "F" like it is supposed to be I want to repaint it. Every time I save the psd both in Adobe Photoshop and Corel Photo X2 to a bmp and open in DXT1BMP and save as a dds DXT5 it turns the cockpit and the aircraft black like the wrong model is being used. Tried all three models. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or if it looks like I'm not...give me a texture file with no markings on an od B17F I would really appreciate it. Obviously I own this, bought it from PCAviator on 10% off Tuesday or the texture would be useless so no piracy here. I also wrote this same problem to Aeroplane heaven and waiting for a response. thank you. AH just responded and they have really been trying to help but it just doesn't work whatever. I did all his suggestions. The Nvidia 64 bit plugin for my Adobe Photoshop CS which is old doesn't give me dds format to save and the 32 bit which DOES give a dds doesn't work with my 64 bit system. Next I found a psd to dds conversion program and used it no luck, black airplane in fsx. Can someone here please create me a nice new od factory fresh fuse1t, fuse2t, fuse4t and fuse5t files in dds compatible with the AH B17 texture files that I can save in it and I will be good to go to do my repainting. Everything else in the folders is usable for new textures. Thank you. I have spent 6 hours of frustration with no results.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; August 29th, 2015 at 17:18.

I use an old version of potoshop and I've never got on very well with saving my edited texture as dds using the plugins. I use a freeware program by Martyn Wright called DXTbmp and that works well for me. You load the texture into DXTbmp...send it to your paint program, edit it, reload into DXTbmp then save it from there as a adds. May work better for you as it does for me.

SOH-CM-2021
    I've been flying the B17 from RAF Bassingbourn, which was the home of 91st BG during WW11. It's available from www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk and sits well in GenX scenery for the UK.
    I could take some screenshots if anybody would like to check it out.

I have volume 1 Action Stations, which tells me that "there were great names among their Fortresses ... Jack the Ripper .. Stric Nine .. Oklahoma Okie .. and the most famous of them all .. Memphis Belle"

Den.

Another one in the works. (wip) Still a lot of things to do but starting to look the part.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Didn't quite escape.
    Done a couple of airfields for RAF B-17Fs as well...

Ian P.

Home Sick Angel B17F

While at Offutt AFB last week, I managed to take a couple pics of this B17F located at the back gate at Offutt AFB. At the North Gate there is a B52 on a stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offutt_Air_Force_Base

Thank you for posting those, Gray Eagle!

She is a very rare bird, as there are only three (original) B-17F's surviving today - "Homesick Angel", "Boeing Bee", and of course "Memphis Belle". Note that the "cheek" blisters on the nose are correct to this aircraft, and there were many B-17F's produced with those cheek blisters before the B-17G (of which they are usually associated) ever came about. For one of the best B-17F paint schemes (my personal favorite of them all), "Sweet and Lovely", it had the same setup.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Joe, I love the RAF coastal patrol paint scheme! Although it wouldn't be correct for the type, there has been some in the UK that have voiced that they would love to see "Sally B" repainted, at least for a season or two, in that same type of RAF coastal patrol markings.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Members who have read this thread: 7