Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I'm usually don't go for four engine planes, but this one I like.

The images intrigued me and the price was right. A coupon from PC Aviator didn't hurt either.

My first flight was before I went through the manual. Everything was straightforward with a few surprises. Nearly all the switches function, and I really like the animations. Doing a long flight with the turrets rotating and firing, then being able to drop bombs. Well done.

There's more to master. Still can't get my oil temps in the normal range.

One question. Since I can set my ADF frequency, is there a gauge that gives me the direction?

Nice job. Thanks
    You're welcome. The RMI is on the left side of the Captain's panel. The fat pointer is your ADF needle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RMI.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Definitely going to buy this, as soon as it is available from JF!

Johan
    Johan,
    It is now at JF:
    http://justflight.com/product/b17-fl...roplane-heaven

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

First paint

Hello, I am so pleased to have an "F" model, started working on the noseart a week ago for my 1st paint. Fireball was from the same BG and BS that dad was in, although it wasn't around by the time he got to Polebrook. I just finished it, but need to get some shut eye, will upload later today; in the meantime here's some screenies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireball_01.jpg   Fireball_02.jpg   Fireball_03.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    For some reason Jan we never seem able to please you but there is a paintkit there if you can bring yourself to try it some time. Thanks for buying anyway.

I see nothing wrong with this model, round curves, great lines, it all looks great to me and I am a graphics nut and part time texture artist.

Really enjoy flying this B-17F . I like the way it handles-just like a heavy four-engine prop should . I can certainly see why pilots and crew loved this aircraft . It brought many of them back alive to fly another day .I always enjoy the documentation that included with an aircraft and this is a good one .

Hope to see some Pacific paints ,

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

SOH-CM-2023
    I'm usually don't go for four engine planes, but this one I like.

The images intrigued me and the price was right. A coupon from PC Aviator didn't hurt either.
    /////////// deleted GLH //////////////
    Nice job. Thanks
    How did you obtain a PC Aviator coupon ??

downloading my copy from Justflight
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    How did you obtain a PC Aviator coupon ??
    They sent me an e-mail.

When something new is released, I like to shop around for a good price. It had been awhile since I purchased anything from PC Aviator, so they sent me an e-mail to make sure I came back and along with that they gave me a coupon code for $5.00 off my next purchase. The coupon expired the end of August, so the timing release of the B-17 was perfect.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I like when i get discount codes from pc avatior for mega Scenery i never get any codes for airplanes though
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Just got mine in JF store too (Used there because i had some spare points to use)
    Nice bird! Will fly more to get a better idea of the plane.
    Thanks
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Did a quick flight (50nm) and have some thoughts:

1) A thing that can be a lot improved is the starting prop animation. It don´t pass a feeling of a radial engine trying to start if you know what i mean. A good example would be the manfred dc3. The sound is good.
    2) How can i "reset" the bombs after droping it for another bombing raid in the same flight? I didn´t managed to do that. The control button don´t come back to the start position.
    3) Found this "leaking" holes in the wings (Looking from the cockpit):
    The colors you see in the holes are from the moving ground below. That´s why they changed colors in the two screens:

That´s from a quick flight. I´ll do a more complete one later, after reading the manual. Some screens:

i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

found a few Bugs the Mixture controls dont work and the locks for Throttle dont work lol great plane Though the Pilot windows only show open in the vc not on the outside view

Though I am Happy to have a B17F though Thank you Aeroplane heaven

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

SOH-CM-2023
    They sent me an e-mail.

When something new is released, I like to shop around for a good price. It had been awhile since I purchased anything from PC Aviator, so they sent me an e-mail to make sure I came back and along with that they gave me a coupon code for $5.00 off my next purchase. The coupon expired the end of August, so the timing release of the B-17 was perfect.
    Thanks for the reply, WH47. I have yet to receive a coupon from ANYONE for purchase and I have an account @ pcaviator and fspilotshop. I still bought this as I thought the price was reasonable for what the package contained.

Thanks again.

For those interested.. JF are selling the B-17 now

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    For those interested.. JF are selling the B-17 now

ATB
    DaveB

i got mine there plus some extra Store credits to use later

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this model, round curves, great lines, it all looks great to me and I am a graphics nut and part time texture artist.
    OK, let me show a few of the things I do not like, exterior wise; Here's Hell's Angels, after it has flown a lot of missions:
    and here's the real one:

noseart seems to me much less bright, swastika's and bomb markings seem the same color, the panel lines are not in the same position. Name should be lower too. Is that antenna too high or the black panel too large? The engine cowling seems to be made out of one piece, and the front rivets are distorted. There is also a color difference at the bottom of the cowling, where the textures meet. Why is there grey paint on the top at the wing root? then, if you look below that engine, you'll see that the panel lines do not line up:

and these pieces have different colors as well. The weathering on the engines looks a bit artificial to me, not like a real worn engine would look like. The paintwork also looks pristine apart from those patches around that one panel line, which looks a bit large to me as well. I see some what look like distortions to me above the rear wing root, and the textures don't line up at the rear of the wing. Again, this does not look like a 25 mission veteran to me. Now, I'm not saying I can do a better job, all I do is occasionally apply paint to models, I've never made a complete model myself. And of course we have been spoiled by some very nice models over the years, but this also means that we've come to expect a certain standard, texture wise, or at least, I have. Unfortunately, in this case I am a bit disappointed. I hope you understand why this is so. Other than that, it is an excellent model as far as I can see. If I would have had more time, I might have tried to improve these textures, since I too am a fan of the B-17F, but real life is taking a toll. My paints have dried up a bit if you pardon the expression, due to a lack of time...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I'd still buy it, if I didn't prefer shorter flights in smaller aircraft types...I'm usually landing at the nearest airport by the time I would be getting the wheels up and setting the props and mixture in this plane.

thanks for making those observations and supporting your assessments with photo's, Jan Kees
    Looks to me like much of what needs improvement could be done on the texture sheets
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Just a couple of replies re "bugs". The mixtures do work, the throttle lock does work. Not sure what is going on there but I have just tested myself and everything's fine for those. You can't reload the bombs, just like the real thing, it's a one way trip! Same with the emergency brake- so use carefully!

Jankees, thanks for the comments, I do understand but we have a balance to strike with time, budget and price. We will take another look with a patch later but textures are very subjective. Some like lots of dirt and scratches others don't. Nose art as it was first done or after a bunch of missions, again a choice. This is why we have included the paintkit which I think is easy enough for people to create their own schemes to their taste. AH has always used a "stand-off" approach to textures for all our productions over 15 years. It is our style. If one doesn't like it, don't buy or use the kit to do better. We post plenty of pics on our site so people can see what they would be getting.

As I say, we will be issuing a patch later for some issues we have discovered ourselves since release (including the small gaps on the wingtops from the VC) which we would like to improve and maybe add another variation model. We'll let everyone know when this will happen.

Any suggestions on suitable era scenery for the AH B-17F - preferable with static or ai B-17s??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Looking Forward to Buying and Evaluating Myself

I have the Accusim B-17G from A2A. The first thing right off the bat is price. I think you did a bang up job for $22.95. Come on guys. Those of us experienced in repainting, (I repaint for the 91st BG) can tweak and add texture layers as well as complete new textures with the paintkit. I am sure there will be a lot of repaints being made available from the talented individuals here and elsewhere. Looking forward to flying this myself. Currently my assigned bomber at the 91st is a G because that is all that A2A did and no plans for the future they say for an F though the DID do both in the FS2004 original version. I will be repainting mine onto this "bird" and post pics here.

My first paint

I've uploaded "Fire Ball" and is available to download now - Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CL_B17F_ Fireball_01.jpg  

Thanks Chuck Downloading now.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

As a result of requests, we will be providing a further version, the -30, probably for the Pacific theatre, as part of an upgrade/patch. So if any of you have plans to do a -30 skin, hold fire for a while so you can have the correct airframe. The -30 is basically the same as the "Belle"(two 30s in the plexiglass) but with the astrodome fitted on top).

Excelent news! Thanks Bazzar

Playing with the paint kit. Figured I do a personal ride. Still some things to do.......

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Members who have read this thread: 5